WIP reFusion
the Fusion skin updated for Helix and more!

The Fusion skin by Archantur has always been one of my favorite skins ever so I decided to rework the skin completely for Helix so it won't be forgotten. The past couple of weeks I have completely rewritten the skin from scratch (the code was in a TERRIBLE state). I've added some features here and there and completely reorganised the viewtypes among other things. My work is far from complete but I thought I start this WIP thread to show you what I'm working on and to get feedback on what to include and so on.

COMPLETED TASKS:
- Completely rewrote the entire core of the skin from the ground up fixing positions, bugs, performance issues and more.
- Unified view options to get rid of unnecessary .xml files.
- Reworked ALL viewtypes to create a unified theme and make the skin seem less "cluttered".
- Adjusted animations all throughout the skin to make it ALOT more snappy and responsive.

THINGS LEFT TO DO:
- Clean up the settings options throughout the skin.
- Fix some dialogs that are broken in Helix (DialogContextMenu.xml for example).
- Add efficient custom items to the home screen.
- Add support for NextAired information.
- Polish everything a bit more.

The goal of this skin is to make it the most beautiful and most thought through experience. To make the artwork take the center stage and to make everything fit together. The goal is NOT to clutter it with useless functions and a million custom options that just make the skin half good at everything. Basically the "core" of the skin is done. Now I need feedback on where to take the skin and what features (from other skins or new ones) that You would like to see the most.

Screenshots of the progress:

I was hoping someone would pick this up. Too nice a skin to be forgotten. Good luck and keep the updates coming Smile
Hey frellAn,

Again, nice to see someone is still working on this. It would be very cool if you could convert the skin to 1080p. Big Grin
Hey Mate nice to see this skin back to life again. One thing i really never liked are the fat borders around the covers as the second picture you've posted. Wouldn't be nicer to see something like in featured music as example your first screenshot showing the home menu. Just my opinion ofcourse.

Cheers
@Slurrrp
Yes I would very much like that as well, kinda feel I need Archanthur to help me out on that one though, his design sense is far superior to mine. Maybe I will do it myself but it will be in future updates.

@butchabay
I kinda agree with you, I would like to make this more like a flat version, similiar to the Microsoft-Metro-who-is-not-called-Metro-anymore design.
This is not available to download?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-12-03, 22:52)frellAn Wrote: @Slurrrp
Yes I would very much like that as well, kinda feel I need Archanthur to help me out on that one though, his design sense is far superior to mine. Maybe I will do it myself but it will be in future updates.

Well i tried it once myself with the xbmc skinning tool and your version but didnt notice any difference, so i did something wrong, but i'm a complete skinning noob.
(2014-12-04, 16:24)Slurrrp Wrote: Well i tried it once myself with the xbmc skinning tool and your version but didnt notice any difference, so i did something wrong, but i'm a complete skinning noob.

The skin is rendered in 1080p even though it's coded in 720p no problem, but all the textures is still 720p.
To make it true 1080 I need to re-render all the textures in a higher resolution so we wont have pixel errors. That's why I need a skilled designer...
Thanks for doing this, it's my all time favorite too.
Progress ?
I'm liking what I see. something different and a well thought out Skin.

Sorry about the lack of updates, been bussy with a move among other stuff. I currently have a few things to sort out before I release an alpha version of the skin to see what needs to be done further.

Here's a peek of the finished grid view and low list view.

Wait, do you have to remake all views to make it compatible?
Pretty much everything was broken yes Tongue plus I want everything to be tip top.
Incorporated logos into movie views

Thanks for doing this, frellAn.

Fusion has always been one of my favorite xbmc skins, too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFusion0