Aeon Nox Backgrounds missing
Hi all!!!

I've installed Kodi on my iMac to test it on my workstation before deploying it in my living room on my macmini server. I really enjoyed it. Aeon Nox was the default skin with nice backgrounds images with Daft punk per exemple.

I decided to give it a run in the living room and when i've installed the exact same installer, it boot's up with confluence....And when I change to Aeon Nox. I only have one fanart for everything wich is a frame from the movie Gravity.

Can anyone help to get the same. I even got the feeling the settings was not exactly the same on both installations.

thanks alot!!!!!

sly

ohhhh i've posted in the wrong place....sorry mods... you can move this.
I'm struggling with this exact issue as well. I'm running OpenELEC on a Zotac ZBox and opted for the lightweight Aeon Nox instead of Aeon MQ. MQ had the ability to copy the fanart and sync it over to whatever directory the background-setting-code (not sure what it's called) looks for.

I've already had it scan for all the metadata it needs from Movies and TV shows, and I used the artwork downloader to fetch all the other necessary clear logos and whatnot. Any ideas would be really helpful, as this is the only issue I have with my copy of XBMC right now; it's otherwise gorgeous and highly functional.

Thanks!
I figured it out.

I don't know why the Backgrounds menu doesn't do anything, but I went into the Skin Settings page, and then "Setup the Aeon Nox main menu" and for each Menu entry, I set the "Set item background" option to random TV/Movie/Music fanart (whichever goes with the menu entry). When I left, the Menu rebuilt and voila, no more Gravity fanart!
thanks Aurora!

That helps for sure. But I would really like to get the others background images for apps, system, shutdown (the big red button), etc..

Anyone?!

thanks

slyl
If I go into Skin Settings/Background/Movies and set it to (say) Random Movie Fanart, it make no difference - I stille see the Gravity backdrop everywhere. Also, if after setting Movies as above I go and set TV, it defaults to the value I set for Movies. So I change it to TV - still gravity everywhere. When I go back in Movies is now set to TV. So the menu implies a different value can be set for each item on the Background menu, but they all seem to share the same settings - which doesn't work for me anyway!

Had to roll back to V4.something because I could stand the Gravity background appearing everywhere!

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Steve
So, has anyone actually found a fix for this?

The only background it will change to for me is the weather one.

On Skin Settings/Background i have it default.
On the specific menus (setup main menu/*menu in question*) i have for example, the Movies Menu with random movie fanart background, the TV Shows Menu with random tv show fanart background and then the Energy Menu (the one to logout/reboot/etc) i have weather background, but the only one that actually changes to anything other than the Gravity background is the Energy Menu.

I also tried changing to those random fanart backgrounds on the main background settings (Skin Settings/Background), also with no success.
(2015-02-20, 19:39)m4xc4v413r4 Wrote: So, has anyone actually found a fix for this?

The only background it will change to for me is the weather one.

On Skin Settings/Background i have it default.
On the specific menus (setup main menu/*menu in question*) i have for example, the Movies Menu with random movie fanart background, the TV Shows Menu with random tv show fanart background and then the Energy Menu (the one to logout/reboot/etc) i have weather background, but the only one that actually changes to anything other than the Gravity background is the Energy Menu.

I also tried changing to those random fanart backgrounds on the main background settings (Skin Settings/Background), also with no success.

Do you have script.grabfanart installed?
(2015-02-20, 20:52)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Do you have script.grabfanart installed?

Pretty sure i do, yes. Doesn't it just come with Aeon when you download it from Kodi?
Anyway, it's the one the logo is an HDD with a green arrow curved pointing at it, right? Named just "Grab Fanart".

Everything is updated according to kodi.

Oh and btw, if i didn't have it, i wouldn't have the background when browsing through my videos, would i?
(2015-02-20, 23:42)m4xc4v413r4 Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 20:52)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Do you have script.grabfanart installed?

Pretty sure i do, yes. Doesn't it just come with Aeon when you download it from Kodi?
Anyway, it's the one the logo is an HDD with a green arrow curved pointing at it, right? Named just "Grab Fanart".

Everything is updated according to kodi.

Oh and btw, if i didn't have it, i wouldn't have the background when browsing through my videos, would i?

Actually no it would still be present since those images are pulled from the database and not the properties added by script.grabfanart also explains why only the weather works since that also is using a different display method.

Oh and btw, knowing and thinking you know are two separate things. So maybe relax with the attitude a bit, I am only trying to help you.
(2015-02-20, 23:49)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Actually no it would still be present since those images are pulled from the database and not the properties added by script.grabfanart also explains why only the weather works since that also is using a different display method.

Oh and btw, knowing and thinking you know are two separate things. So maybe relax with the attitude a bit, I am only trying to help you.

Wait, what? What did i say? I'm pretty sure you misunderstood something here because i didn't mean anything by whatever you think i said...

Damn, i literally have gone back and read what i said 5 times already and can't for the love of god understand how in hell i showed you an attitude.

Anyway... in the meantime i made sure i had it and that it was updated, i do and it is. (script.grab.fanart-0.13.2)
(2015-02-21, 00:23)m4xc4v413r4 Wrote: Wait, what? What did i say? I'm pretty sure you misunderstood something here because i didn't mean anything by whatever you think i said...

Damn, i literally have gone back and read what i said 5 times already and can't for the love of god understand how in hell i showed you an attitude.

Anyway... in the meantime i made sure i had it and that it was updated, i do and it is. (script.grab.fanart-0.13.2)

It must've been the way I read it, My wife thought the same... The oh and btw line ending in would I? just sounded off to me. I guess that happens when reading things out of context, anyways water under the bridge, I hope Confused

Can you post a Debug Log and i'll take a look?
(2015-02-21, 00:30)mikesilvo164 Wrote: It must've been the way I read it, My wife thought the same... The oh and btw line ending in would I? just sounded off to me. I guess that happens when reading things out of context, anyways water under the bridge, I hope Confused

Can you post a Debug Log and i'll take a look?

Now that you said it, i do get your point. I really didn't mean anything by it though. But it's all good Smile

I'll post a log in a bit, i have Kodi on a dedicated machine.

EDIT:.

Sorry for the delay, for some reason my remote control stopped working and i had reinstall and reconfigure it.

http://pastebin.com/27urghNg

here you go
(2015-02-21, 00:43)m4xc4v413r4 Wrote: Sorry for the delay, for some reason my remote control stopped working and i had reinstall and reconfigure it.

http://pastebin.com/27urghNg

here you go

I took a look and I don't see any library items to pull the fanart from so I think you are using a streaming addon and script.grabfanart takes the fanart from the database if you use an addon it is not added to the database unless you integrate it into your library. I do not know how to do that but a Google or forum search may help you find the answer. If you do have local media let me know and I'll take another look.
(2015-02-21, 02:33)mikesilvo164 Wrote: I took a look and I don't see any library items to pull the fanart from so I think you are using a streaming addon and script.grabfanart takes the fanart from the database if you use an addon it is not added to the database unless you integrate it into your library. I do not know how to do that but a Google or forum search may help you find the answer. If you do have local media let me know and I'll take another look.

Mmh I get it.
Yes I do use streaming and not local media.

I thought that since I chose "random movie fanart" for the background it would be random off the database they use.

But ok, now I know how it works Tongue so now I can look for a solution for my specific problem.

I'm gonna check that about getting the addon into the library or another way of getting the backgrounds.

Thanks a bunch man.
Hey Mike Silvo164 just wanted to say love the Aeon Nox Silvo Mod and keep up the good work. Ive been having a big issue for about a week now and thats uploading single and multi images to the skin. Every time I try and upload the backgrounds it brings me back to the screen where my sources are displayed and not at the background screen as it does in Aeon Nox Maniac. Tried to access the %appdata folder and place the backgrounds in but no luck whatsoever, and that was on Windows. It even lets me use one of the custom backgrounds but thats for the default only so the whole system just stays on the same background when im scrolling through. I have no problem doing this for the Aeon Nox Maniac edition but for the Silvo it just seems not to like me lol... Im using a Fire TV stick running Kodi 15.2 Isengard. And also you wanna know a funnier thing I even taught myself how to make the custom widgets for the skin how I always wanted them displaying across the screen lol but cant do a simple thing like change my background images. lol Please forgive me for the novice and noob issue but can you or someone please help a brother out cause im dying to do this...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox Backgrounds missing0