• 9(current)
Release Library Data Provider
(2016-01-30, 03:17)BigNoid Wrote: It turns out it is not supported by core. Removed that part from the code.

Thankyou Smile
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Is there a way to make a request to the library to update recent albums, i see the fetch code in the default.py, service.py and library.py and adding some debug lines I can see the calls on kodi startup going through there.

Problem I am having is changes to a smart playlist are then not showing up in my recent albums widget for Aeon Nox 5. I would like to force this in python if possible (where I am currently playing with the smart playlist).
Never mind, solved it.
I'm trying to install the latest master branch from github and I am getting a error saying that dependancy xvmc.json 7.9.0 is not met. How do I install 7.9.0, I have looked on the wiki and it only covers version 6 up until Jarvis. I'm running the latest Krypton based openelev test build.
Hey.

I added an issue to github:
https://github.com/BigNoid/service.libra.../issues/42

Not sure if I should cc anyone (@BigNoid?), or mention it here, but I guess I'll start here. Smile

Basically, I would like to have both in progress movies and episodes in the same list, but sorted by lastplayed, not just one before the other.

I tried poking around a bit by copying the recentvideos and altering it to recommendedvideos, but I cannot get a dateList for episodes. Movies fills up fine, but it seems lastplayed does not have any data for episodes, and that's where my know how stops. My idea was to populate two lists: one for movies and one for episodes, then sorting it by lastplayed instead of dateadded. There are probably better ways.

Any ideas?
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<node order="10" type="filter" visible="True">
<label>Movies</label>
<content>movies</content>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="inprogress" operator="true">
<value></value>
</rule>
<limit>10</limit>
<order direction="descending">lastplayed</order>
</node>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<node order="11" type="filter" visible="True">
<label>Series</label>
<content>episodes</content>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="inprogress" operator="true">
<value></value>
</rule>
<limit>10</limit>
<order direction="descending">lastplayed</order>
</node>

I am not sure what skin you are using and whether it supports smart playlists or video nodes. The info above used as is (video nodes) or placed in smart playlists should achieve the desired results.

Cheers,
LongMan
Thanks for the tip about video nodes! I did know about smart playlists, but this is new. Actually, I'm using my own skin, and haven't been doing much to it for a while. The video nodes have completely gone below my radar.

How would I go about adding them to a lists content? Trying to google it, but only finding alot of ActivateWindow code, nothing like what I have now:
Code:
<content target="video" limit="10">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedmovies&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recommendedmovies)]</content>

Not really sure how to fill a list with content from a video node or smart playlist since I've never used those either. Will investigate further.

If this does work, then I can stop using this plugin? Or do I still need it as a backend to get the desired information? What I need is movie title, the progress percentage, and the poster, and for episodes also season/episode number.

Edit: So, I got it sort of working by trying the default inprogressshows.xml node:
Code:
<content target="video">library://video/inprogressshows.xml</content>

but using the above video node shows me the in progress tv shows. Altering it to show me movies instead shows movies. But how to show both? And mixed? I'm back to square one. I guess I don't need this script anymore, but the result is the same.

Sure, I can do it like fTV and others do, with two lists. But that's not what I want. I want one list with both episodes and movies, and still sorted by the last played one, be it a movie or an episode, like in the issue I posted on github. If the default video nodes can't do it, then I guess this script (or another one) would be the way to go. If only I could up my python skills and get it to provide me the info I want.

Here's a few screenshots just to visualize what I want:

1. What I have now, using library data provider or a smart playlist:

2. What I want. Both episodes and movies mixed, and the last one I played comes first, the second to last played comes second etc. Doesn't matter what type it is. I want an In progress videos, basically:

Edit 2: Unless I missed something vital, it does seem there is another issue with using video nodes in my case: it doesn't show me the next episode to be played. Say I watch s02e03 fully, it doesn't say s02e04 is next. Library data provider does that.
You are right about the next episode. A video node will not do that. You have to do it with a plugin. I misunderstood that you wanted a single list with both tv shows and movies. I don't know a way that it can be done completely. However, you can concatenate the lists from LibraryData.Provider, so you could have the recommended shows (say 10) + recommended Movies (say 10) for a total of 20 items in a single list. Limitation being all shows would be first then all movies.

plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedepisodes+recommendedmovies&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recommendedepisodes)]$INFO[Window.Property(recommendedmovies)]

The snippet above does that.
Cheers,
LongMan
So, back to square one then. Let's hope bignoid can code something up.

Thanks for trying though! Smile

Still have to figure out how to get the list to do wide thumbs for episodes and posters for movies anyway. My thought was
Code:
<itemlayout condition="StringCompare(ListItem.Property(tvshow),Recommended Movies)" width="150">
<itemlayout condition="StringCompare(ListItem.Property(tvshow),Recommended Episodes)" width="300">
<content>
<item id="1">
<property name="tvshow">$INFO[Container(1000).ListItem(0).Property(type)]</property>
</item>
</content>
but that doesn't seem to work.

But that's another issue entirely. Smile
Hello,

I'm trying to implement this plugin to give me an "in progress" sub menu option for my TV Shows, much as the widget (which I'm using for trakt trending shows) and to make the sources playable from the resulting list (as it is in the widget option) however I'm getting an error to say that the selection (next episode) can only be played from the library or add-on, not from the generated list.

As my menu item custom I'm using:

ActivateWindow(Video,plugin://script.library.data.provider?type=recommendedepisodes,return)

This calls up the list, but I can't play from it.

Can anyone shed any light on what I'm missing?

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8
(2016-07-04, 19:58)brokentechie Wrote: Hello,

I'm trying to implement this plugin to give me an "in progress" sub menu option for my TV Shows, much as the widget (which I'm using for trakt trending shows) and to make the sources playable from the resulting list (as it is in the widget option) however I'm getting an error to say that the selection (next episode) can only be played from the library or add-on, not from the generated list.

As my menu item custom I'm using:

ActivateWindow(Video,plugin://script.library.data.provider?type=recommendedepisodes,return)

This calls up the list, but I can't play from it.

Can anyone shed any light on what I'm missing?

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8

If you use Krypton, these deprecated window names are now removed from kodi :

VideoLibrary
VideoFiles
Video
MusicLibrary
MusicFiles
Files
PVR
Scripts
InfoDialog
VisualisationSettings
NetworkSettings
TVSettings
GUICalibration

So ActivateWindow(Video) not working.
 Estuary MOD V2 
Ah I'm on Jarvis as it happens, so maybe if I change it to ActivateWindow(Video library) it may work?

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Anyone having problems when using this script and an Emby centralized database?

Widgets from "recently added" don't seem to change/refresh even after a KODI system restart whatsoever.

Yes, I'm aware once in EMBY, kodi database management goes to....emby as well. But this is really annoying me tough.
(2016-09-14, 04:46)djhifi Wrote: Anyone having problems when using this script and an Emby centralized database?

Widgets from "recently added" don't seem to change/refresh even after a KODI system restart whatsoever.

Yes, I'm aware once in EMBY, kodi database management goes to....emby as well. But this is really annoying me tough.

I can't test this cause I don't use Emby, but the refresh is triggered by database updates in Kodi. I think the updates are triggered in Emby probably and so the script will never get notified it needs to update. Not sure how to solve properly without having the script do updates on regular intervals.
(2016-09-14, 15:55)BigNoid Wrote:
(2016-09-14, 04:46)djhifi Wrote: Anyone having problems when using this script and an Emby centralized database?

I can't test this cause I don't use Emby, but the refresh is triggered by database updates in Kodi. I think the updates are triggered in Emby probably and so the script will never get notified it needs to update. Not sure how to solve properly without having the script do updates on regular intervals.

Already solved this within emby. Just changing metadata date creation to "date scanned into library" did the trick mate.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Data Provider0