• 1(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Before posting please read the skins FAQ
Skin is available in the Kodi repository!
GitHub
README

Required add-ons: The above should install automatically when installed from the Kodi repository.

You can check the status of supported add-ons in Skin settings > Help > Install or change settings of supported add-ons.
If the add-on is in either the Kodi default repository or the SiLVO repo (when installed) then clicking it will give the option to install.

Views added:
  • MyFlix
  • RightList
  • Bigfan
  • FanartList
  • Small Icons
  • Fullscreen Wall
  • SongList
  • Gallery
  • Panel

Images have the colored icons and mediaflags option enabled (original flags are still available)
watch gallery

Credits:

• BigNoid and phil65 for too many reasons to list Wink
  • BobCratchett for everything he does, being a gentleman and scholar. I knight thee Sir Bob!
  • Mr. V for his amazing Widgets which truly have no equal. The V stands for Victory!
  • Mike_Doc for his Doctorate in being awesome. The Doctor is in the house!
  • schimi2k for playing with his toes and being the God of Photoshop. I kneel before thy greatness!
  • Mario S. for assisting since the beginning of this project and providing the German translations.
  • wilmans2m for assisting and providing the French translations.

(PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ANYONE FROM THE LIST ABOVE INSTEAD POST ALL QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD)
FAQ

1) How do I install this skin?
  1. Download the skin directly from the Kodi repository in the add-on manager (wiki).
    • Install from repository > Kodi add-on repository > Look and feel > Skin > Aeon Nox: SiLVO.

2. The latest version can be downloaded from GitHub:
    CLICK HERE for instructions.

If you want to install manually:
    • First delete any skin.aeon.nox.silvo folders in Kodi's addons folder (NOT userdata (wiki) addon_data cause that will delete your skin settings Wink).
    • Manually extract zip file contents.
    • Rename the folder skin.aeon.nox.silvo.
    • Then place it in Kodi's addons folder (DO NOT OVERWRITE YOUR EXISTING SKIN FOLDER).

• Please double-check the GitHub README for information on which branch matches the Kodi version you are currently using. Starting with Krypton all manually installed add-ons require Kodi to be restarted and the add-on enabled in Kodi's add-on manager (wiki). The skin will be located in My add-ons > Look and feel > Skin.

2) I have installed the skin, what do I do now?
  • The first thing should be adding video sources (wiki) if you have not done so already.
  • If you do not have any local media and want to use banned addons (wiki) then this forum is not the place for that discussion.
    Please read the forum rules (wiki) which you agreed to when first signing up. This is a thread for skin support not for add-on support.

3) Why are all the menu backgrounds black?
  • There are no default backgrounds in this skin.
    If you want backgrounds for your menu items you must select them yourself when customizing the main menu or use the Set default background option in Skin settings > General.

4) How do I add my backgrounds when I can't navigate to their location?
  • If you have added any sources to your File Manager (repositories or any paths/folders) then you must add the path containing your backgrounds to the File manager (wiki) before you can see it and choose from that location.

5) How do I keep the Music info onscreen permanently?
  • The info button toggles how music information is displayed. When it disappears press info to re-show it and never press it a second time to hide it. If it is hidden then it will display for 10 seconds after a song is played or the next track in your queue begins.

6) What do I do next?
  • Now the fun begins, customization! Go to System > Interface> Configure skin... and select Set up the Aeon Nox main menu. The options are fairly self-explanatory. You can modify any item, customize what happens when you select that item, choose backgrounds, widgets, manage the submenu, add infolines, or choose a custom label.

7) How do I activate a particular setting?
  • Colored icons and mediaflags (enable in Skin Settings > SiLVO Extras)
  • Enable Extrafanart in the sidemenu > Background button.
  • OpenCase mod is an animation of the front cover opening with rolling discart into the open case (enable in view settings menu for certain views)
  • BoxSet mod is an animation of the front cover opening and displaying a tri-fold movie set with discart (enable in view settings menu for the ShowCase View)
  • Check Skin settings > Customization for additional options like skin colors, video and music on screen elements, the video information screen, and live TV
  • All views have additional settings in the sidemenu for further customization. There are too many to list here so play around with the settings for each viewtype.

8) What is going on with the Helix, Isengard, Jarvis, and Krypton versions of the skin?
  • The Helix, Isengard, Jarvis, and Krypton versions of this skin are no longer being developed or maintained. Please update Kodi and the skin to their latest stable releases.

If you think something is missing in this FAQ, please let me know in this thread.
How to install from GitHub
Choose correct branch:

Download zip:

Open zip file:

Change folder name from:

To this:
WinRAR

7-Zip

Just make sure that the folder name is the exact same as the addon id listed in the respective addon.xml in the base folder.

Then install from zip in Kodi's add-on manager (wiki).

Instructions work for all add-ons, scripts, plugins, skins, etc...
Best Kodi skin...hands down!

Try it for a day and you'll never go back.
(2014-12-02, 02:59)Warner306 Wrote: Hey, Mike,

Can you tell me how to add views for movie sets?

I will try to help as best I can but I'm not certain what you'd need without some more information on what you are trying to do.
(2014-12-02, 03:37)mikesilvo164 Wrote:

I will try to help as best I can but I'm not certain what you'd need without some more information on what you are trying to do.

What .xml controls the availability of views for the movie sets node? Adding a view to includes and myvideonav does not make it available for movie sets by default. I added Gallery View from your code with entries in includes, the top of myvideonav and the extra floor label in variables. But it does not show up for movie sets. I would have thought Gallery was already written with the correct Control.Is.Visible() tag for movie sets. But maybe it doesn't work that way.
(2014-12-02, 04:04)Warner306 Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 03:37)mikesilvo164 Wrote:

What .xml controls the availability of views for the movie sets node? Adding a view to includes and myvideonav does not make it available for movie sets by default. I added Gallery View from your code with entries in includes, the top of myvideonav and the extra floor label in variables. But it does not show up for movie sets.

Does this file(link removed) work?
I don't want to give you the wrong information if it does not.
Yes, that worked. Thanks, Mike, I figured it out.
To the logo views, is it possible to add the media flags, especially on movies. I like to know if there 1080, 720..

Excellent mods to the nox skin by the way..
(2014-12-02, 11:50)deiniol39 Wrote: To the logo views, is it possible to add the media flags, especially on movies. I like to know if there 1080, 720..

How is this?

Download(link removed) and install to 1080i folder

I have made this the default. (no need to Download or Install this anymore)
(2014-12-02, 13:05)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 11:50)deiniol39 Wrote: To the logo views, is it possible to add the media flags, especially on movies. I like to know if there 1080, 720..

How is this?

Download and install to 1080i folder

If more prefer it this way, I might make it the default.

You are a star mate, what a service.
I have updated the file please re-download.
That looks awesome, what media manager do you use to get some of the views, especially the Music Artists. Is is the standard Kodi scrapers? I am struggling to get my music collection look any near as good as tv shows and movies.

Also how do you structure your folder for movie collections Tahnks
(2014-12-02, 16:05)Mark142 Wrote: That looks awesome, what media manager do you use to get some of the views, especially the Music Artists. Is is the standard Kodi scrapers? I am struggling to get my music collection look any near as good as tv shows and movies.

Also how do you structure your folder for movie collections Tahnks

I use MP3tag and MusicBrainz Picard to fix my song tags as well as Universal Artist and Album scrapers but that should not affect the available views unless you are in files mode instead of library mode. You can check if you are in library mode by opening up the side menu and checking to see if it's activated.

As for the structure of my movie sets I have some in a parent folder with the name of the set and others just on their own without a parent folder.
You forgot to mention in your first post that you added conditional weather
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55