• 532(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2018-11-26, 08:30)canadave Wrote: I see. I don't know...it just looks a little off to me as well, alignment-wise. Like, for instance, when browsing through TV shows in Shift view, the top and bottom of the text on the left (the title and number of episodes) is not aligned at all with the top and bottom of the elements on the right (the studio and TV rating). To my eye, it would look better if the items on the left were "brought down" (along with the TV show poster art row) to be aligned top/bottom with the studio and TV rating (i.e. the height of the TV rating equals the height of the TV show title and episode count text combined); but I fully understand that's your aesthetic choice to make, not mine Smile

I do not disagree with what you are saying. I changed it originally due to a request for more mediaflags then I changed it further to show all the same flags available in all the other views.

I guess what I am saying is that I am not sure how to keep everything with the current layout or if I should just go back to the original way it was displayed...

I welcome your input or any ideas you may have Smile

EDIT: If you are just talking about TV Shows then I can move the labels down since the flags are way less than for Movies or Episodes. Just don't know if that works cause there will be a noticeable difference when looking at the other library types.
Thanks for being open to input Smile It's yet another reason why I've stuck with your awesome mod of the Aeon Nox skin since it's inception.

Since you asked, here's what I would do (based on what I see on my screen--sorry, I don't have a good way to get you a screenshot right at the moment, but can probably do so in a little bit if you need them):

For Shift view for TV shows only: bring down the title and episode count so that the top of the title text horizontally aligns with the top of the rating logo, and so that the bottom of the episode count text aligns with the bottom of the rating logo. Then bring the entire row of TV show poster artwork down by the same amount of pixels.

For TV show Shift view when looking at the list of seasons for a show: Do the same thing.

For TV show Icons view when looking at episodes: Drop the episode title and show title down so that the top of the episode title is aligned with the top of the mediaflags and the bottom of the show title is aligned with the bottom of the mediaflags. (I would do the same thing for Shift view looking at movies, as well--align the movie title and the info text underneath it with the top/bottom of the mediaflags to their right. Right now, the mediaflags appear to be oddly offset vertically by a few pixels from the movie title/info.)
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2018-11-26, 08:58)canadave Wrote: Thanks for being open to input Smile It's yet another reason why I've stuck with your awesome mod of the Aeon Nox skin since it's inception.

Since you asked, here's what I would do (based on what I see on my screen--sorry, I don't have a good way to get you a screenshot right at the moment, but can probably do so in a little bit if you need them):

For Shift view for TV shows only: bring down the title and episode count so that the top of the title text horizontally aligns with the top of the rating logo, and so that the bottom of the episode count text aligns with the bottom of the rating logo. Then bring the entire row of TV show poster artwork down by the same amount of pixels.

For TV show Shift view when looking at the list of seasons for a show: Do the same thing.

For TV show Icons view when looking at episodes: Drop the episode title and show title down so that the top of the episode title is aligned with the top of the mediaflags and the bottom of the show title is aligned with the bottom of the mediaflags. (I would do the same thing for Shift view looking at movies, as well--align the movie title and the info text underneath it with the top/bottom of the mediaflags to their right. Right now, the mediaflags appear to be oddly offset vertically by a few pixels from the movie title/info.)

Kodi has a built-in screenshot function. You can set the output folder in Kodi settings > System > Logging. If you do not see Logging then you need to change the settings from anything other than basic.

Everything you said works until you get to movies or episodes. If a movie title is too long it overlaps. The "extended Info" I show underneath the title automatically overlaps due to the length of the mediaflags. I do have an idea that may work. I tried earlier before posting but did not think to alter the itemlayout size.

My idea is to move the labels and mediaflags next to the enlarged focused item and then shrink the non-focused items a smidgen of pigeon less...

In other words move everything down and place the labels and flags to the right of the enlarged poster just underneath the others which would now be a little bit smaller than they used to.

I will post again in the next day or two with a pic when done unless you think it will not work...?
It's a little tricky for me to do a screenshot because I'm on a FireTV stick 4K. Would be simpler for me to just get my phone, take a pic, and edit it Smile Also, the 4K stick seems to have a weird issue where I can't connect to it via adb (which is how I'd have to take the screenshot) because I can't ping it, even though I can access it...but that's another whole thread in and of itself Smile
@canadave I edited my post above. Let me know what you think. No rush as I am off to that sleepytime place Wink
Quote:Everything you said works until you get to movies or episodes. If a movie title is too long it overlaps.
Hmmm. I see what you mean...but then again, even as it is now, if the title is too long, it'd hit the mediaflags the same way, wouldn't it? Also, in Shift view for TV shows, the only two flags I see on the right are the TV show channel and the TV rating, which are really far away from the title/info under the focused TV show on the left, so there's no danger of them being run into.

I think I see what your idea is. I have to confess I'm not a huge fan of it, because then the mediaflags would still not be aligned with the title/info (although granted, they would be aligned with the artwork).

My idea would be to shrink the mediaflag icon sizes so that they are maybe 60 to 75% of what they are now, and also "close them up" so that there's not so much empty space between each of them--maybe eliminate half the distance of the empty space between them. Keep the rightmost margin where it is....by shrinking the logo sizes and eliminating the empty space, that should make the overall width of the mediaflag collection a fair bit smaller while still being way over to the right side of the screen.

If you do that, and align them horizontally with the top/bottom of the movie title/info underneath, I think it'd need to be a reaaaaallly long title to hit the mediaflags. In any case, the title will scroll if that happens anyway, wouldn't it? I have a couple of TV shows where the title is a bit long and scrolls horizontally.

Anyway, just some ideas to ponder as you sleep Smile I'm off to bed too--thanks again for considering my ideas!
(2018-11-26, 08:24)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2018-11-21, 13:29)Dumyat Wrote:  
I cannot test this but setting the onclick to Number0 should work.  
Thanks Mike.
Sadly that didn't seem to work. Have tried a whole multitude of variations including 0, "0", <0>, Zero and 'Zero'. 
I would be surprised if a keyboard function like this can't be mapped to an onclick command, when the OK button is pressed. The hard part seems to be tracking down the info on how to achieve this or somebody who actually done the same thing previously.
Proving to be a little more more problematic than I thought it would be...….Will maybe also try asking in the skinning section and see if anybody there has any suggestions or has done this already.
Thanks for the feedback
(2018-11-26, 08:24)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @Solo0815 Will look into it when I have the chance but perhaps where it says Guide I should change to EPG instead of vice versa. Also GameFlix is better left as a mod ATM but I will add support for games when Kodi has a Game library. 
EPG vs Guide:
Everywhere I had a look at Kodi's stings.po, it is called "Guide", not "EPG" , even in the XMLs:
DialogPVRChannelGuide.xml
DialogPVRGuideSearch.xml
MyPVRGuide.xml
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ngs.po#L58
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...s.po#L3614
Looking forward to the GameLibary Wink
Feel free to ask, if you have questions regarding LiveTV
Thx
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Hi,

Being a bit thick here but how can I add the repo to osmc?
Been a XBMC/Kodi user for 15+ years now i think. Love the Skin. But i have a couple of issues i am wondering on how to fix:

I have a Intel NUC i5 with a 250gb ssd hooked up to 3 Synology Servers with total of 50+ TB of data.

Installed the latest beta Librelec and loaded the AEON Nox SILVO skin.
I add my servers with ftp source settings for the kodi system.

• Issue 01: Sometimes the background artwork wont load in between the changes. If i watch the "movies" section on the main menu of the skin, ill get 1 or 2 fanarts to load then a black background as the fanart doesnt load. Or if i go from movies to tv shows it does the same thing. Also is there a default fanart file, i remember there being a couple of background packs for aeon, with proper fanart bg for settings power and weather and such. But i cant remember where they are.
  • Issue 02: Bannerplex, is there a way to make it a horizontal scroll instead of a vertical scroll? Is there a list of mods that can be added to the AN:SILVO skin that will add like horizontal banner scroll, more artwork download, and better infomenus/sections?

Thank you to anyone that can answer in advance.
Just wanted to say I'm very impressed that this skin is still being developed as it happens to be my favorite Kodi skin. So all the credits to the author for his great work! Laugh
Small Bugreport for LiveTV regarding the Topbar:
- Please change "Player.Progress" with "PVR.EpgEventProgress" for LiveTV in line 566 of Includes.xml. Maybe with a variable and a visible condition "!Pvr.IsPlayingTv" and "Pvr.IsPlayingTv"?
- do the same for line 651 --> Player.TimeRemaining vs PVR.EpgEventRemainingTime

Without this change the progressbar is always full filled and RemainingTime is around 00:01 until 00:10, which is wrong. The mentioned changes will solve this.

Haven't looked at the progress.cache. Maybe it could be the timeshift value for LiveTV?

Edit: I just wanted to mention the timeshift-info changes a few posts before. Without it, you don't see exactly, how much time you can go forward in timeshifting.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Hi Mike,

is there any possibility that you would take some features from the Madnox in the Silvo Mod if I made a feature request to you? Wink
(2018-11-26, 18:24)Solo0815 Wrote: EPG vs Guide:
Everywhere I had a look at Kodi's stings.po, it is called "Guide", not "EPG" , even in the XMLs:
DialogPVRChannelGuide.xml
DialogPVRGuideSearch.xml
MyPVRGuide.xml
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ngs.po#L58
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...s.po#L3614
Looking forward to the GameLibary Wink
Feel free to ask, if you have questions regarding LiveTV
Thx

Ok. I'll change to guide when I remember to do it... If not "soon" please remind me Smile

Game Library will not come until supported in Kodi core so that is not likely until at least middle of development or later for version 19 M****

(2018-11-29, 17:46)DarkoDesi Wrote: Been a XBMC/Kodi user for 15+ years now i think. Love the Skin. But i have a couple of issues i am wondering on how to fix:

I have a Intel NUC i5 with a 250gb ssd hooked up to 3 Synology Servers with total of 50+ TB of data.

Installed the latest beta Librelec and loaded the AEON Nox SILVO skin.
I add my servers with ftp source settings for the kodi system.
  • Issue 01: Sometimes the background artwork wont load in between the changes. If i watch the "movies" section on the main menu of the skin, ill get 1 or 2 fanarts to load then a black background as the fanart doesnt load. Or if i go from movies to tv shows it does the same thing. Also is there a default fanart file, i remember there being a couple of background packs for aeon, with proper fanart bg for settings power and weather and such. But i cant remember where they are.
  • Issue 02: Bannerplex, is there a way to make it a horizontal scroll instead of a vertical scroll? Is there a list of mods that can be added to the AN:SILVO skin that will add like horizontal banner scroll, more artwork download, and better infomenus/sections?

Thank you to anyone that can answer in advance.

Issue 1 seems like a Kodi cache issue. I can only help by recommending the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility or Artwork Beef to fix any issues with artwork.

Issue 2 is not going to happen without a mod. I prefer to make things as clear as possible so if the item has a single row horizontally then you scroll left/right if more than one item vertical then you scroll up/down. Just makes sense to have a reason when differentiating between the two cause life is already complicated so... Why make it worse?

(2018-11-30, 17:46)PlasmaZombie Wrote: Just wanted to say I'm very impressed that this skin is still being developed as it happens to be my favorite Kodi skin. So all the credits to the author for his great work! Laugh

Ummm... Thanks... Confused

Nah, just kidding Smile. I appreciate the appreciation!! Wink

(2018-11-30, 20:12)Solo0815 Wrote: Small Bugreport for LiveTV regarding the Topbar:
- Please change "Player.Progress" with "PVR.EpgEventProgress" for LiveTV in line 566 of Includes.xml. Maybe with a variable and a visible condition "!Pvr.IsPlayingTv" and "Pvr.IsPlayingTv"?
- do the same for line 651 --> Player.TimeRemaining vs PVR.EpgEventRemainingTime

Without this change the progressbar is always full filled and RemainingTime is around 00:01 until 00:10, which is wrong. The mentioned changes will solve this.

Haven't looked at the progress.cache. Maybe it could be the timeshift value for LiveTV?

Edit: I just wanted to mention the timeshift-info changes a few posts before. Without it, you don't see exactly, how much time you can go forward in timeshifting.

Your killing me here...

I'd like to get things squared away before the final Kodi Leia upload...

I will not add skin helper stuff but if you can show screenshots and code difference I can try my best to accommodate. Sorry but due to my lack of PVR this is all I can promise...

(2018-11-26, 09:37)canadave Wrote: Hmmm. I see what you mean...but then again, even as it is now, if the title is too long, it'd hit the mediaflags the same way, wouldn't it? Also, in Shift view for TV shows, the only two flags I see on the right are the TV show channel and the TV rating, which are really far away from the title/info under the focused TV show on the left, so there's no danger of them being run into.

I think I see what your idea is. I have to confess I'm not a huge fan of it, because then the mediaflags would still not be aligned with the title/info (although granted, they would be aligned with the artwork).

My idea would be to shrink the mediaflag icon sizes so that they are maybe 60 to 75% of what they are now, and also "close them up" so that there's not so much empty space between each of them--maybe eliminate half the distance of the empty space between them. Keep the rightmost margin where it is....by shrinking the logo sizes and eliminating the empty space, that should make the overall width of the mediaflag collection a fair bit smaller while still being way over to the right side of the screen.

If you do that, and align them horizontally with the top/bottom of the movie title/info underneath, I think it'd need to be a reaaaaallly long title to hit the mediaflags. In any case, the title will scroll if that happens anyway, wouldn't it? I have a couple of TV shows where the title is a bit long and scrolls horizontally.

Anyway, just some ideas to ponder as you sleep Smile I'm off to bed too--thanks again for considering my ideas!

No they will not overlap cause they are now on different lines. Yes you are right but then it changes when switching library views. Shows will always look different than eps or movies. I am all bout revisions but without a major redesign I do not see a better way to handle this at the moment. If your only complaint is that the mediaflags are underneath instead of at the side... Then I just don't know how to proceed...?

(2018-11-26, 14:20)Dumyat Wrote: Thanks Mike.
Sadly that didn't seem to work. Have tried a whole multitude of variations including 0, "0", <0>, Zero and 'Zero'.
I would be surprised if a keyboard function like this can't be mapped to an onclick command, when the OK button is pressed. The hard part seems to be tracking down the info on how to achieve this or somebody who actually done the same thing previously.
Proving to be a little more more problematic than I thought it would be...….Will maybe also try asking in the skinning section and see if anybody there has any suggestions or has done this already.
Thanks for the feedback

This is dependent on how you are sending/reading the <onclick>. You cannot invoke another dialog/window without closing an open one so you would have to post or send a link to your code for me to understand or test it.

(2018-12-01, 00:44)Slipass Wrote: Hi Mike,

is there any possibility that you would take some features from the Madnox in the Silvo Mod if I made a feature request to you? Wink

That really depends on the feature. I really will not know unless it is requested and I have time to think it over...
Hi guys,

It seems that the latest version (0.0.11) of "Coloured Studio Icons" isn't compatible with this version of Aeon and the icons won't appear.
  • 532(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55