• 559(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
It only happens when running addons like palantir or addon cine, not when i surf my own collection. I use Leia. Wiht Aeon Nox Silvo 6.1.7. plots show correctly but live tv channels works like music, showing a disk in the screen and playing audio.
Given at least palantir is a banned addon (wiki), I would advise you to actually read the forum rules (wiki) on the suject that you agreed to when you signed up here before going too much further...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I am sorry, i can't find the way to edit or delete the post, so i beg moderator to do it. It will be not repeated.  No
(2019-03-25, 10:51)conel7luis Wrote: I am sorry, i can't find the way to edit or delete the post
That's a precautionary measure for new forum visitors against spamming.
(2019-03-23, 20:00)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Yeah, that's not gonna be so quick cause the number ratings for videos and the image used for star ratings in music are quite different IMHO. I can make it so that if you do not have a rating for music the grey stars will not appear and reword the setting to be video library only...
That actually would probably work out pretty nicely!

BTW, aren't music ratings based on numbers, too? And the stars just a method of display? If I rate something (song, artist, album), I'm given a selection of numbers to choose from. For example: 7 is 3-1/2 stars and 8 is 4 stars. Or, are you referring to something else? Thanks!
Hi @mikeSiLVO

I am not overly concerned with ratings, but there are so many users throughout the forum asking about them that I thought I would have a play with all the different ratings, and I discovered that your skin now displays the different ratings (great!!). You are one of only three skins that do for v18. I have added the ratings for a couple of movies via nfo, and also direct edit the db.

I am wondering...
1. Am I entering the ratings incorrectly? I thought the two rotten tomatoes and the metacritic ratings are percentages so why do they display as decimals? If I try to add as a whole number, there is no percentage and the rating is oversized.
2. TMDB rating does not display. Should it?
3. Should the default rating display the rating icon? In this image, default rating is from IMDB.

Thanks Smile

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-03-24, 00:32)bsoriano Wrote: @mikeSiLVO , is it OK with you if I "borrow" the layout you have for TV Next Aired so I can do something similar in the migration I am doing of the Amber skin to Leia? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

I don't have any problems with that at all but it is BigNoids layout however I think he would be OK with it Wink

(2019-03-24, 11:32)Nenade Wrote: Hello

I have a problem...

When i set a Widget Panel in "TV-Shows" file location "Video Library" then i don't see the Cover/Poster
but...
When i set a Widget Panel in "TV Shows" file location "TV Shows > InProgress TV Shows" then i see the Covers

How can Fix this?

No idea cause I do not have enough information.

(2019-03-24, 11:38)Wombat18 Wrote: Great!
One thing: When I watch local ts or mkv files with the normal video player, the end time is missing next to the current time. However, in addons it is there.
Can you fix this?

Should be fixed on Git.

(2019-03-26, 02:03)bluemartian Wrote: That actually would probably work out pretty nicely!

BTW, aren't music ratings based on numbers, too? And the stars just a method of display? If I rate something (song, artist, album), I'm given a selection of numbers to choose from. For example: 7 is 3-1/2 stars and 8 is 4 stars. Or, are you referring to something else? Thanks!

Fundamentally I think they are very different. The only reason a song rating should exist in your library is if you have rated the song. As an example I myself use ratings to have a Top Songs playlist when I have company over that plays any rated song randomly.

I don't see the need to inform the user how someone else might feel about a song and I couldn't even tell you where those ratings would even come from.

A movie or show I get cause there are sites that can be scraped like IMDB, TMDb, Rotten Tomatoes, ect...

All of that is IMHO of course... Wink

(2019-03-26, 10:18)Karellen Wrote: Hi @mikeSiLVO

I am not overly concerned with ratings, but there are so many users throughout the forum asking about them that I thought I would have a play with all the different ratings, and I discovered that your skin now displays the different ratings (great!!). You are one of only three skins that do for v18. I have added the ratings for a couple of movies via nfo, and also direct edit the db.

I am wondering...
1. Am I entering the ratings incorrectly? I thought the two rotten tomatoes and the metacritic ratings are percentages so why do they display as decimals? If I try to add as a whole number, there is no percentage and the rating is oversized.
2. TMDB rating does not display. Should it?
3. Should the default rating display the rating icon? In this image, default rating is from IMDB.

Thanks Smile

UMS adds it as a decimal and I would have to make a VAR for every possible rating 0.1, 0.2... 1.1, 1.2... 2.1, 2.2, ect... to convert it to a percentage and I don't really wanna do that. If there are no ratings in either the NFO or scraped by UMS then I fallback to Skin Helper which uses Python to convert the rating to a percentage. I also currently do not have access to those NFO/scraped ratings in VideoPlayer. The code is in the skin already for when/if they are added but for now I have to use Skin Helper for fullscreen video. That's why sometimes you might see a percentage or not.

TMDb rating would display if that is what is selected as default. One main rating which is the user choice ie IMDB, TMDb, or whatever else there might be then there is IMDB top 250 which does show an IMDB logo so I didn't want two logos showing. If you have a top 250 movie with a high vote count and both Rotten Tomatoes ratings with a MetaCritic thrown in there as well then the space just isn't big enough to fit everything...
(2019-03-26, 18:14)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Fundamentally I think they are very different.
How? They're both numbers. Whether you're rating a song, a video, an artist, an album, a movie, it is just a numeric indicator of your own assessment/estimate of how much you like something. How is a numeric rating for something music-related "fundamentally different" than a numeric rating for something video-related?
(2019-03-26, 18:14)mikeSiLVO Wrote: The only reason a song rating should exist in your library is if you have rated the song. As an example I myself use ratings to have a Top Songs playlist when I have company over that plays any rated song randomly.
Exactly the sort of thing I use them for myself. Not sure what you think I'm asking for here. I just don't want the ratings images to show if I haven't rated something, as all those rows of stars looks "busy." And somebody else must think so, too, as they added the setting for that purpose. The only reason I brought it up is because the setting only works for video views and not music (the third setting I've found like that). I'm not asking for some special function of ratings, just for the setting to work as advertised.
(2019-03-26, 18:14)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I don't see the need to inform the user how someone else might feel about a song and I couldn't even tell you where those ratings would even come from.
Huh? I have absolutely NO IDEA what you're talking about here. I never said I wanted to "inform" anybody about the ratings or make any change in the way ratings works. I just want to rate my music for the exact purposes you stated, and not have the ratings (stars) display if I haven't rated something, as the setting already in place is supposed to do. You seem to be arguing against a point I never made. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear in my original question, but I haven't a clue what you're on about here.
Ok, thanks @mikeSiLVO

Was simply trying to get my head around how it works in the skins. Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-03-26, 23:26)bluemartian Wrote: How? They're both numbers. Whether you're rating a song, a video, an artist, an album, a movie, it is just a numeric indicator of your own assessment/estimate of how much you like something. How is a numeric rating for something music-related "fundamentally different" than a numeric rating for something video-related?

Exactly the sort of thing I use them for myself. Not sure what you think I'm asking for here. I just don't want the ratings images to show if I haven't rated something, as all those rows of stars looks "busy." And somebody else must think so, too, as they added the setting for that purpose. The only reason I brought it up is because the setting only works for video views and not music (the third setting I've found like that). I'm not asking for some special function of ratings, just for the setting to work as advertised.

Huh? I have absolutely NO IDEA what you're talking about here. I never said I wanted to "inform" anybody about the ratings or make any change in the way ratings works. I just want to rate my music for the exact purposes you stated, and not have the ratings (stars) display if I haven't rated something, as the setting already in place is supposed to do. You seem to be arguing against a point I never made. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear in my original question, but I haven't a clue what you're on about here.

You brought up how "some view settings that work for video but not music" with a little rant about it being a "little inconsistent and misleading," so that is what I thought we were talking about. The Hide ratings setting hides the ratings except when sorted by rating.

It does not just hide empty ratings. I said in my first reply to you that I could do exactly what you say that you want but you then asked me if I was "referring to something else?" so I then explained why I think they are different.

So what is your original question?
My last wish:
It would be nice to have the option to autohide the video osd after a few seconds and the duration should be self adjustable.
Would it be possible to add volume control to the OSD buttons in the video/music OSD? Or am I missing something here maybe?
(2019-03-27, 01:33)eljejer Wrote: Would it be possible to add volume control to the OSD buttons in the video/music OSD? Or am I missing something here maybe?

How do you control Kodi? Mouse, keyboard or remote? The Keyboard lets you use + and - to lower and raise the volume.
(2019-03-27, 16:00)flhthemi Wrote:
(2019-03-27, 01:33)eljejer Wrote: Would it be possible to add volume control to the OSD buttons in the video/music OSD? Or am I missing something here maybe?

How do you control Kodi? Mouse, keyboard or remote? The Keyboard lets you use + and - to lower and raise the volume.
Thanks for your reply.I control Kodi with the remote of the Nvidia Shield Android TV box...
Hi everybody,

I'm a new Kodi user.
I've been using Kodi and this skin for the past week and I'm very happy with it.

I've encountered several small issues which I'm trying to solve. So I hope you can help.

Here's the first one: I've found a missing character in the TV Shows section. Here:

There is a missing character between the year and the rating (unlike in the movie section of the skin).
I guess it shouldn't be too hard to fix, so I want to try.
Can you point me in the right direction and tell me which skin file should I try to edit in order to solve the problem?

Thank you!
  • 559(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55