• 619(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2019-10-26, 22:41)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-10-26, 18:26)Milkado Wrote: hi @mikeSiLVO  I don't know if this is a bug:
Selecting a playlist as a background for a menu, it shows fanarts in alphabetical order. So, you see the same fanart every time you access to each menu. No random fanarts anymore.
Is it the normal behavior?
Kodi 18.4
Silvo 7.0.8

Playlists adhere to the rules of the playlist so make the order random and then the fanart will follow. 
Thank you mikeSILVO. Regrettably it doesn't work if you use the label "group" in the xsp file (for instance, you don't want to group you movies in sagas in that playlist).
It always shows your fanarts alphabetically even if you specify any other alternative. Could you test it?
(2019-10-27, 07:27)mikeSiLVO Wrote: If anybody wants to try it out and let me know if it works and/or fixes any issues you can download it HERE.
That link appears to be dead.
@mikeSiLVO I have a question concerning playlists. I noticed that when you navigate video playlists, it displays items that are in that playlist on the right:

However, when doing the same thing with a music playlist it shows nothing. Is there any way I can get it to show the items like the video playlists do by editing an particular files(s)?

Thanks and BTW, I get the DMCA page on the test file as well
Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes
(2019-10-27, 10:30)Milkado Wrote: Thank you mikeSILVO. Regrettably it doesn't work if you use the label "group" in the xsp file (for instance, you don't want to group you movies in sagas in that playlist).
It always shows your fanarts alphabetically even if you specify any other alternative. Could you test it?

Create another playlist just for the fanart. That way you can have the playlist be grouped for the library and the fanart be random.

(2019-10-27, 13:19)shedrock Wrote: That link appears to be dead.

Well that's fu**in stupid. Why a DMCA takedown for an open source python add-on? I'll try posting it again with a more innocuous filename or use another site if it still doesn't work...

(2019-10-27, 15:26)Wanderer189 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO I have a question concerning playlists. I noticed that when you navigate video playlists, it displays items that are in that playlist on the right:

However, when doing the same thing with a music playlist it shows nothing. Is there any way I can get it to show the items like the video playlists do by editing an particular files(s)?

Thanks and BTW, I get the DMCA page on the test file as well

I'll have to take a look at why the music playlists don't show contents.

EDIT: Lets try DropBox instead.
LINK
@mikeSiLVO - The Dropbox link works.

EDIT: It downloads but the file is 1KB and when I try to unzip it, it just says that it's empty.
(2019-10-27, 17:47)shedrock Wrote: @mikeSiLVO - The Dropbox link works.

EDIT: It downloads but the file is 1KB and when I try to unzip it, it just says that it's empty.

Try again. I tested with an empty file but now it should be good otherwise I'm gonna rip my hair out... Angry Stare
(2019-10-27, 18:15)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Try again. I tested with an empty file but now it should be good otherwise I'm gonna rip my hair out... Angry Stare 
Success! The link works. Big Grin
@mikeSiLVO Thank you for giving us the best skin and providing us with solutions. Thank you for replying to each post even though many times you have to repeat the same thing over and over again. we all appreciate how much hard work you put into it but don't realise how much of this can take up of your life. I just wanted to say a big thank you on behalf of everyone who has or who is using your skin.
Another suggestion/nit-pick..  Big Grin

For the episode thumbs in various views (e.g. Lowlist), currently if there's no image available then the default icon is shown. Would it be possible in case of a missing episode-thumb, first check if some sort of 16:9 artwork relevant to the given parent tv show is available (e.g. landscape, fanart, etc.) and display that instead? If nothing else is found then just not display anything at all.

This is particularly relevant for newer episodes as the episode thumbs sometimes take a few days to show up on the TVDB or TMDB.
Maybe a couple of little bugs when browsing the Music Library in Files view.

There are two views named Wall

Is anything supposed to display when viewing in Files view? Maybe the album cover or intentionally left out? It is not normally how I browse, but was adding a new album and noticed it looked a bit empty.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm trying to do a batman theme using the git version of the skin for my grandson. I am having 2 issues that I just can't figure out how to do it.

1. I am needing to make the defaults of the "Main Menu Layout" be one rather than five. This is the big one.

2. I am trying to make the defaults of the "System Menu Bar" be at the top rather than the bottom. I can move it's position in the Includes_Home.xml and it looks good, but if you move the Main menu to center, it's plum off the screen, so that doesn't really work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes
(2019-10-29, 19:01)monisriz Wrote: Another suggestion/nit-pick..  Big Grin

For the episode thumbs in various views (e.g. Lowlist), currently if there's no image available then the default icon is shown. Would it be possible in case of a missing episode-thumb, first check if some sort of 16:9 artwork relevant to the given parent tv show is available (e.g. landscape, fanart, etc.) and display that instead? If nothing else is found then just not display anything at all.

This is particularly relevant for newer episodes as the episode thumbs sometimes take a few days to show up on the TVDB or TMDB.

Doesn't Kodi pull the thumb image from the file when there isn't one provided?

(2019-10-30, 11:57)Karellen Wrote: Maybe a couple of little bugs when browsing the Music Library in Files view.

There are two views named Wall

Is anything supposed to display when viewing in Files view? Maybe the album cover or intentionally left out? It is not normally how I browse, but was adding a new album and noticed it looked a bit empty.

Fixed on Git.

Thanks Smile

(2019-10-30, 16:15)Wanderer189 Wrote: I'm trying to do a batman theme using the git version of the skin for my grandson. I am having 2 issues that I just can't figure out how to do it.

1. I am needing to make the defaults of the "Main Menu Layout" be one rather than five. This is the big one.

2. I am trying to make the defaults of the "System Menu Bar" be at the top rather than the bottom. I can move it's position in the Includes_Home.xml and it looks good, but if you move the Main menu to center, it's plum off the screen, so that doesn't really work.

Easiest way other than changing it in settings is to add some onloads to startup. I will edit this post later with instructions, gotta run for now though but like Arnold said "I'll be back!" Smile

Sometime today or tomorrow.
(2019-11-02, 21:14)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-10-29, 19:01)monisriz Wrote: Another suggestion/nit-pick..  Big Grin

Doesn't Kodi pull the thumb image from the file when there isn't one provided?

Kodi extracts the thumbnail from the video if the option is checked in the settings. However, I prefer better thumbnails provided by TVDB than the random kodi generated thumb so I have that option turned off. Maybe other users have it turned off too - I am not sure of the stats though. So in this use-case if a thumbnail isn’t available at the time of scraping, the default icon is being displayed. It’s more noticeable these days as at the moment, for me at least, Artwork Beef isn’t updating the episode/season level artwork automatically (when this artwork becomes available) if the artwork isn’t there at the time of initial scrape (usually for some of the new aired episodes/seasons). I have raised this issue in artwork beef thread as well.

As I said it’s a minor thing and not a big deal at all Smile
(2019-11-02, 21:14)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-10-30, 16:15)Wanderer189 Wrote: I'm trying to do a batman theme using the git version of the skin for my grandson. I am having 2 issues that I just can't figure out how to do it.

Easiest way other than changing it in settings is to add some onloads to startup. I will edit this post later with instructions, gotta run for now though but like Arnold said "I'll be back!" Smile

Sometime today or tomorrow.  
@mikeSiLVO:  Thank you Sir, I look forward to it.

UPDATE: Hey Mike, I got the main menu layout working using the startup.xml per your suggestion with "<onload>Skin.SetString(MainMenu.Layout,1)</onload>".

I still can't get the top menu bar to default to top yet. So whenever ole Arnold is ready....lol. Still needing help with that part. I will post again if I figure it out so not to waste your time
@mikeSiLVO I was able to figure it out Mike, couldn't have done it without you great assistance, thank you Sir.

Here is what I wound up with for others to reference:

Changed default Main Menu Layout:
    <onload>Skin.SetString(MainMenu.Layout,1)</onload>

Changed default position of the System Menu Bar to top:
    <onload>Skin.SetBool(SystemBarOnTop)</onload>

Also this slipped by ya again....

"Wanderer189 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO Not sure if this is something on just my end or a glitch. I was disabling the use of script.grab.fanart to test how the skin does. I was changing backgrounds for a few items (TV SHows, Movies, Music) and notice I have duplicate choice for music. Wasn't sure if one was meant for music and one for music videos (I don't use music videos) or if I have something com-bobbled. The first one works as it should, the second one doesn't give me a background on "music" (but if it is meant for music videos, that's probably why)

Is wrong name, bottom one is Music Videos. Will fix"

https://i.imgur.com/04Iq1wg.jpg
  • 619(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55