• 620(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2019-11-03, 03:01)monisriz Wrote: Kodi extracts the thumbnail from the video if the option is checked in the settings. However, I prefer better thumbnails provided by TVDB than the random kodi generated thumb so I have that option turned off. Maybe other users have it turned off too - I am not sure of the stats though. So in this use-case if a thumbnail isn’t available at the time of scraping, the default icon is being displayed. It’s more noticeable these days as at the moment, for me at least, Artwork Beef isn’t updating the episode/season level artwork automatically (when this artwork becomes available) if the artwork isn’t there at the time of initial scrape (usually for some of the new aired episodes/seasons). I have raised this issue in artwork beef thread as well.

As I said it’s a minor thing and not a big deal at all Smile

I'll see if I can take a look and tweak it or something...

(2019-11-03, 16:24)Wanderer189 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO I was able to figure it out Mike, couldn't have done it without you great assistance, thank you Sir.

Here is what I wound up with for others to reference:

Changed default Main Menu Layout:
    <onload>Skin.SetString(MainMenu.Layout,1)</onload>

Changed default position of the System Menu Bar to top:
    <onload>Skin.SetBool(SystemBarOnTop)</onload>

Also this slipped by ya again....

"Wanderer189 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO Not sure if this is something on just my end or a glitch. I was disabling the use of script.grab.fanart to test how the skin does. I was changing backgrounds for a few items (TV SHows, Movies, Music) and notice I have duplicate choice for music. Wasn't sure if one was meant for music and one for music videos (I don't use music videos) or if I have something com-bobbled. The first one works as it should, the second one doesn't give me a background on "music" (but if it is meant for music videos, that's probably why)

Is wrong name, bottom one is Music Videos. Will fix"

https://i.imgur.com/04Iq1wg.jpg

Nice! Glad you figured it out Smile

I got it, just forget to mention that I fixed it already Wink

I did forget about the contents of music playlists though but I'll take a look at that now Cool
I have just upgraded from Kodi 17.6 to 18.4 and I am having an issue with Aeon Nox SiLVO.  I have previously been using Aeon Nox 5 Redux for years so I understand how to customize the skin.

I am trying to add my 4 video sources to the main menu of Kodi, however, it isn't working right.  The 4 video sources work fine when I manually navigate to them.

I am using the 'Main Menu Customizer' feature in Aeon Nox.
  1. I add the menu item to the left side
  2. I select 'Choose item for menu'
    1. Click on 'sources'
    2. Click on 'videos'
    3. Click on 'Movies' (one of my named sources)
    4. Click on 'Create menu item here'
    5. Click on 'Movies' as the Display as filter
  3. I exit back to the main menu to test
  4. When I click on Movies I get dropped in to a view called 'VIDEOS: SCRIPT.SKINSHORTCUTS' instead of taking me to the view of movies.
I have removed and reinstalled the SCRIPT.SKINSHORTCUTS add-on but that didn't help.

Here is a screenshot of the settings screen

And here is where it takes me when I click on the link

What am I doing wrong here?  I have tried it with movies and tv shows and each time this happens.

@mikeSiLVO is this a bug?

Thanks!
Hey, Mike.  Is the view for sets the same for all sets or do they have to be set individually?  Meaning if when opening a set, the view is list and I change it showcase, is just that one changed or all sets.  Changing each set one at a time can be a bit tedious.  Just wondered, thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
@mikeSiLVO Think I may have found a new bug concerning the multi weather backgrounds, not really sure how far back it happened.

Go into System > Skin Settings > Customization > Set Weather Background > And try using the Weather Fanart Multi add-on  (resource.images.weatherfanart.multi).  It will work fine if you were already using it. But if you change it and try to go back or if you go into the "AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts" and delete the "skin.aeon.nox.silvo.hash" & skin.aeon.nox.silvo.properties files (I do that sometimes for testing like a new install) you can't get them to work. Maybe when you get a chance, you can try it out and let me know if it's something needin' fixin'?
Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes
(2019-11-03, 16:45)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-11-03, 03:01)monisriz Wrote: Kodi extracts the thumbnail from the video if the option is checked in the settings. However, I prefer better thumbnails provided by TVDB than the random kodi generated thumb so I have that option turned off. Maybe other users have it turned off too - I am not sure of the stats though. So in this use-case if a thumbnail isn’t available at the time of scraping, the default icon is being displayed. It’s more noticeable these days as at the moment, for me at least, Artwork Beef isn’t updating the episode/season level artwork automatically (when this artwork becomes available) if the artwork isn’t there at the time of initial scrape (usually for some of the new aired episodes/seasons). I have raised this issue in artwork beef thread as well.

As I said it’s a minor thing and not a big deal at all Smile

I'll see if I can take a look and tweak it or something...

Thank you very much.
Hello,

I am wondering on the possibility of adding an option to the wall views. 
I would like to have the option of having the images display in a landscape mode?

Thank You for your consideration.
(2019-11-03, 23:28)comfox1 Wrote: I have just upgraded from Kodi 17.6 to 18.4 and I am having an issue with Aeon Nox SiLVO.  I have previously been using Aeon Nox 5 Redux for years so I understand how to customize the skin.

I am trying to add my 4 video sources to the main menu of Kodi, however, it isn't working right.  The 4 video sources work fine when I manually navigate to them.

1. Click on 'sources'
    2. Click on 'videos'
  4. When I click on Movies I get dropped in to a view called 'VIDEOS: SCRIPT.SKINSHORTCUTS' instead of taking me to the view of movies.
I have removed and reinstalled the SCRIPT.SKINSHORTCUTS add-on but that didn't help.

What am I doing wrong here?  I have tried it with movies and tv shows and each time this happens.

Thanks!

I don't know what it is but the path isn't right. That's to the skin shortcuts data folder and you shouldn't have anything in there related to your library. What version of Skin Shortcuts do you have installed?

(2019-11-03, 23:59)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Mike. Is the view for sets the same for all sets or do they have to be set individually? Meaning if when opening a set, the view is list and I change it showcase, is just that one changed or all sets. Changing each set one at a time can be a bit tedious. Just wondered, thanks.

If you change it then the very first time will be for all sets. If you change a different set then it goes set by set. Delete your viewmodes.db file and set it again to have it stick for all. I always change the same set when trying different views out.

(2019-11-04, 00:29)Wanderer189 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO Think I may have found a new bug concerning the multi weather backgrounds, not really sure how far back it happened.

Go into System > Skin Settings > Customization > Set Weather Background > And try using the Weather Fanart Multi add-on (resource.images.weatherfanart.multi). It will work fine if you were already using it. But if you change it and try to go back or if you go into the "AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts" and delete the "skin.aeon.nox.silvo.hash" & skin.aeon.nox.silvo.properties files (I do that sometimes for testing like a new install) you can't get them to work. Maybe when you get a chance, you can try it out and let me know if it's something needin' fixin'?

Works fine here.

I tried setting to default which is none and also changed to single and then back to multi. It worked just fine.

You might have script.image.resource.select installed but not enabled.

(2019-11-08, 02:54)gauntIII Wrote: Hello,

I am wondering on the possibility of adding an option to the wall views.
I would like to have the option of having the images display in a landscape mode?

Thank You for your consideration.

Not anytime soon so you'll have to remind me when I start working on the skin again. Just focusing on bugs for now.
tv show - next aired - does not show title of the show or background image or banner Sad
Works on all other skins.
Do others have similar issues? How to fix those? I did try this - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2791034
But that has not helped. I am using Kodi 18.3 and Aeon Nox Silvo

Thanks
(2019-11-10, 00:29)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-11-03, 23:28)comfox1 Wrote: I have just upgraded from Kodi 17.6 to 18.4 and I am having an issue with Aeon Nox SiLVO.  I have previously been using Aeon Nox 5 Redux for years so I understand how to customize the skin.

1. Click on 'sources'
    2. Click on 'videos'

Thanks! 
I don't know what it is but the path isn't right. That's to the skin shortcuts data folder and you shouldn't have anything in there related to your library. What version of Skin Shortcuts do you have installed?
Thanks for letting me know, I have since reverted back to Kodi 17.6 as I couldn't wait any longer with a non working system. 

The version was the newest as I deleted it (manually from the SDD) and then reinstalled it from the official Kodi Repo.

I am planning on trying to load up Kodi 18.4 again with a fresh install instead of doing an upgrade and will let you know if the issue continues.
(2019-11-10, 00:29)mikeSiLVO Wrote:  
(2019-11-04, 00:29)Wanderer189 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO Think I may have found a new bug concerning the multi weather backgrounds, not really sure how far back it happened.

Go into System > Skin Settings > Customization > Set Weather Background > And try using the Weather Fanart Multi add-on (resource.images.weatherfanart.multi). It will work fine if you were already using it. But if you change it and try to go back or if you go into the "AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts" and delete the "skin.aeon.nox.silvo.hash" & skin.aeon.nox.silvo.properties files (I do that sometimes for testing like a new install) you can't get them to work. Maybe when you get a chance, you can try it out and let me know if it's something needin' fixin'?

Works fine here.

I tried setting to default which is none and also changed to single and then back to multi. It worked just fine.

You might have script.image.resource.select installed but not enabled.
@mikeSiLVO It is working, after installing the Weather Fanart Multi add-on, I was assuming it would activate them automatically like the weather HD animated do, but I needed to take an additional step and go into the "weather" section and select conditional backgrounds there as well.  Sorry 'bout that. All is great..
Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes
@mikeSiLVO: Hey Mike, if you use the font Caviar Dreams, it will cut off part of the right side of the system menu bar (the AM/PM).

Is there particular file I can edit to pull the right side in a couple pixels to fix this without affecting the other fonts?

Also, Is there an onload command to make this the Caviar Dreams default font using the startup.xml like you shared before about moving the system bar to the top?? Or another simple way?
(2019-11-10, 22:50)tnkrer Wrote: tv show - next aired - does not show title of the show or background image or banner Sad
Works on all other skins.
Do others have similar issues? How to fix those? I did try this - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2791034
But that has not helped. I am using Kodi 18.3 and Aeon Nox Silvo

Thanks

There is only one layout in the skin and it uses logos not banners. If no logo then it shows the label of the show. It also shows backgrounds when you are focused on the item.

If you want that layout you linked to then you would need to delete the skins version of the tv next aired xmls and then the skin will use the built-in ones provided by the add-on.

(2019-11-13, 14:21)Wanderer189 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO: Hey Mike, if you use the font Caviar Dreams, it will cut off part of the right side of the system menu bar (the AM/PM).

Is there particular file I can edit to pull the right side in a couple pixels to fix this without affecting the other fonts?

Also, Is there an onload command to make this the Caviar Dreams default font using the startup.xml like you shared before about moving the system bar to the top?? Or another simple way?

It doesn't look like that for me so maybe you modded something?

I do not know of a built-in to change font so the setting can only be changed using something like script.embuary.helper that was mentioned in your other thread Wink

It should work cause you would only be setting the font which is the same as selecting it yourself in Interface > Skin > Fonts
(2019-11-14, 21:54)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-11-13, 14:21)Wanderer189 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO: Hey Mike, if you use the font Caviar Dreams, it will cut off part of the right side of the system menu bar (the AM/PM).

It doesn't look like that for me so maybe you modded something?

I do not know of a built-in to change font so the setting can only be changed using something like script.embuary.helper that was mentioned in your other thread Wink

It should work cause you would only be setting the font which is the same as selecting it yourself in Interface > Skin > Fonts  
That is possible Sir and I will tinker with the script.embuary.helper and see what I can do...  Are you watching me? Huh"mentioned in your other thread" Blush .

My grandson is in heaven thanks to you and me. I have done a batman, spiderman, man of steel, super mario, toy story, scooby-doo theme using the 7.9.4 and all of them with home screen animations on them (and one to match my kodi fork for myself and wife).

He is 5yrs old and he knows Mike on the computer is the fella that helps Papaw make the bats fly or superman fly or scooby and shaggy run from the ghosts on on his tv box.  You don't know how much it means to me, that you are willing to take the time to do what you do, then answer questions for folks like me to help me make memories with my grandson. Thanks Mike, I really mean it for all you have done.
thank you for perfect skin, only one "problem" - how to hide watching status indicator in list of movies ? in skin menu - it is disabled...
Thank you for a great skin! I'm very new to using skins, so apologies if I'm asking silly questions Blush. I'm using the TriPanel view.
  1. Is it possible to display whether a movie has subtitles or not at the bottom where the movie details are displayed?
  2. The titles list shows each movie's ratings. Can one hide the ratings?
Thanks in advance.
  • 620(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55