• 627(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
I am using ANS 7.08 and just updated Artist Slideshow to 3.0 and I’m getting a huge message in the Artist Slideshow saying:

Artist Slideshow Update Alert

You recently updated AS, and the skin you are using does not yet support the new slideshow display method. Please contact the skin author regarding an update or visit the Kodi forum.

Mike, can you please check the AS thread as there’s a suggested fix to Musicvisualization but I’m not sure how to apply.

THX
Garry
I've read at the beginign that Aeon Nox Silvo need Python 3 version of Skin Shortcuts ....

Running kodi 18.x in an Enigma2 box (vuplus) that has Python 2.7.x

maybe this is the reason that I get an error "skin shorcut error" building main menu and the kodi gets stocked...  isn't it?

Thanks
(2019-12-17, 11:45)HomerJau Wrote: I am using ANS 7.08 and just updated Artist Slideshow to 3.0 and I’m getting a huge message in the Artist Slideshow saying:

Artist Slideshow Update Alert

You recently updated AS, and the skin you are using does not yet support the new slideshow display method. Please contact the skin author regarding an update or visit the Kodi forum.

Mike, can you please check the AS thread as there’s a suggested fix to Musicvisualization but I’m not sure how to apply.

THX
Garry
@mikeSiLVO 

I think I just got similar message, screenshot below:-

Artist fanart has stopped displaying?
I'm in much need of a way to decompile XBT files using Linux. Can someone please help me?
@mikeSiLVO 

There's a post on Artistslideshow thread with hoe to change Estuary to support AS 3.0:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2905238
Thanks for the heads up about Artist Slideshow.

Please try the latest version from Git and let me know of any issues.
Thanks such a quick fix Mike! (I can’t test until tomorrow, but I’m sure you’ll get feedback before then)

BTW: I always change ‘aspectratio’ to ‘keep’ for AS as a lot of my fanart isn’t 16x9 and gets chopped of with ‘scale’.

Ive wondered whether keep should be the default (or a new skin setting could be added to allow user preference)?
@mikeSiLVO  I can confirm the ArtistSlideshow 3.0 plays as expected with latest Musicvisualisation and Variables xml file copied into 16x9 folder of 7.08.

However, the home screen still shows the ArtsistSlideshow Update Alert screen (as shown a couple posts back). There's something ASS 3.0 is 'seeing' that needs to be updated. Only PKScout will know how how that image gets shown I guess.

THX
(2019-12-18, 21:36)HomerJau Wrote: @mikeSiLVO  I can confirm the ArtistSlideshow 3.0 plays as expected with latest Musicvisualisation and Variables xml file copied into 16x9 folder of 7.08.

However, the home screen still shows the ArtsistSlideshow Update Alert screen (as shown a couple posts back). There's something ASS 3.0 is 'seeing' that needs to be updated. Only PKScout will know how how that image gets shown I guess.

THX

The wiki page for AS has been updated with the new skin properties for AS 3.x, but in a nutshell replace any multiimage control using:
xml:
Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)

with a single image control using:
xml:
Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image)

If you're still seeing the warning message (which is really just an image in a folder), then somewhere the skin is still referencing the old property using a multiimage control.

Hope that helps.
Thanks!
Yeah I forgot about that feature... Should be fixed on Git now Smile

I also recommend to install the whole skin instead of downloading just the xml files. If your not careful bad things can happen ...
(2019-12-19, 01:47)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Yeah I forgot about that feature... Should be fixed on Git now Smile

I also recommend to install the whole skin instead of downloading just the xml files. If your not careful bad things can happen ...
Thanks Mike. You and PKScout have acted so quickly on this! Fantastic!

I normally do grab all files, but based on your Github check-in I just grabbed those two for a quick test this morning. (Ff course you are right, there may have been other, earlier changes too.)
@mikeSiLVO I just tried the latest Leia git and all ok!

Thanks again.
(2019-12-19, 02:38)HomerJau Wrote: I normally do grab all files, but based on your Github check-in I just grabbed those two for a quick test this morning. (Ff course you are right, there may have been other, earlier changes too.) 
What earlier changes? If the Git say the last date and time files have been changed, then how come we would need to update all the files? I check at least once a week to see if the Git has changed but I have not seen any in the last few weeks, or am I missing something?

Regards,

Shedrock
(2019-12-19, 03:46)shedrock Wrote: What earlier changes? If the Git say the last date and time files have been changed, then how come we would need to update all the files? I check at least once a week to see if the Git has changed but I have not seen any in the last few weeks, or am I missing something?

I was being lazy and didn’t check the date when 7.08 was released, I only changed the two files committed for the initial AS 3.0 fix. Best practice would be to download the entire file set since I normally only use an official release.
  • 627(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55