• 665(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Wish you all a happy 2021...

Hope someone can help me to solve this mystery. 

I got a new Android Tv and want some help with attache TV Widgets (Powered by The Movie DB) and how to get them. This screenshot is from my OSMC - VERO 4K+ box. I checked and checked for hours and can't figure out how to get them.

Also if someone can inform the location these are living, I can copy them from VERO box to my Android TV Box. I know this is not a SKIN issue and only seeking some help....

ImageImage
@mikeSiLVO I'm loving the Aeon Nox: SiLVO skin.  It's been my new default skin to use since upgrading to the Kodi 18.7 this past spring. Thank you. 

I've recently been adding proper MPAA ratings to as many of my "Rated NR" or <blank> films and series (tv shows) as I can find, even if it's an official rating from a country other than the US (MPAA).  This let me to find an official Canadian rating (MPA Canada) for a film, yet after finally learning how to find and decompile the proper texture file for the Aeon Nox: SiLVO skin, and looking at the "media\flags\colored\mpaa" directory, there currently doesn't appear to be images for the MPA Canada ratings.

Thus after finding the MPA Canada site, and pulling the images for their various film ratings, I created versions of all 6 images to match the size of the other colored MPAA images in the "media\flags\colored\mpaa" directory:

What I would like to know is if you (or anyone else) can direct me on how if I add these 6 additional images to the "media\flags\colored\mpaa" directory and then re-compile the whole Aeon Nox: SiLVO "skin.aeon.nox.silvo\media" Textures.xbt, how do I get the Aeon Nox: SiLVO skin to recognize these new images; for example say I put in "<mpaa>CanadaTongueG</mpaa>" in the NFO file and it properly maps to the "canada_PG_mpac.png" file in the image above? (I'm a newbie, as my profile may already state, so I'm learning here)

What would be even better is if you would like to take these images I've created and added them to your default Aeon Nox: SiLVO skin setup. Big Grin

happy new year!
Thanks
(2021-01-02, 05:49)OnyxCody Wrote: I've recently been adding proper MPAA ratings to as many of my "Rated NR" or <blank> films and series (tv shows) as I can find,
Do you have your scraper correctly set up?

(2021-01-02, 05:49)OnyxCody Wrote: yet after finally learning how to find and decompile the proper texture file for the Aeon Nox: SiLVO skin, and looking at the "media\flags\colored\mpaa" directory, there currently doesn't appear to be images for the MPA Canada ratings.
Yep, that is not surprising. Most skins only have content rating icons for a few countries at most. It would be a bit hard to add ratings for 200+ countries. So you are heading down the right track by sourcing and preparing your icons. Make sure they are transparent png's as I can't tell from your screenshot.

(2021-01-02, 05:49)OnyxCody Wrote: how do I get the Aeon Nox: SiLVO skin to recognize these new images;
You need to edit your skin files. The mpaa bits are held in variables.xml here... https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox....xml#L1039
They are in a few locations in that file, so do a search for MPAA to find each of their locations.
Slot in your Canada ones, either by adding new lines, or editing existing countries that you won't use.

(2021-01-02, 05:49)OnyxCody Wrote: if I add these 6 additional images to the "media\flags\colored\mpaa" directory and then re-compile the whole Aeon Nox: SiLVO "skin.aeon.nox.silvo\media"
You can use the TextureTool... https://kodi.wiki/view/TextureTool
But if you add the unpacked files back where the xbt file was, keeping all the proper folders in place from when you extracted it, it should still work. But it will prevent future updates. So up to you which way to go.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-01-02, 06:50)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-01-02, 05:49)OnyxCody Wrote: I've recently been adding proper MPAA ratings to as many of my "Rated NR" or <blank> films and series (tv shows) as I can find,
Do you have your scraper correctly set up?
(2021-01-02, 05:49)OnyxCody Wrote: yet after finally learning how to find and decompile the proper texture file for the Aeon Nox: SiLVO skin, and looking at the "media\flags\colored\mpaa" directory, there currently doesn't appear to be images for the MPA Canada ratings.
Yep, that is not surprising. Most skins only have content rating icons for a few countries at most. It would be a bit hard to add ratings for 200+ countries. So you are heading down the right track by sourcing and preparing your icons. Make sure they are transparent png's as I can't tell from your screenshot.
(2021-01-02, 05:49)OnyxCody Wrote: how do I get the Aeon Nox: SiLVO skin to recognize these new images;
You need to edit your skin files. The mpaa bits are held in variables.xml here... https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox....xml#L1039
They are in a few locations in that file, so do a search for MPAA to find each of their locations.
Slot in your Canada ones, either by adding new lines, or editing existing countries that you won't use.
(2021-01-02, 05:49)OnyxCody Wrote: if I add these 6 additional images to the "media\flags\colored\mpaa" directory and then re-compile the whole Aeon Nox: SiLVO "skin.aeon.nox.silvo\media"
You can use the TextureTool... https://kodi.wiki/view/TextureTool
But if you add the unpacked files back where the xbt file was, keeping all the proper folders in place from when you extracted it, it should still work. But it will prevent future updates. So up to you which way to go.
@Karellen Thanks for the directions.  I'll get started on that first thing in the morning. 

I actually found the TextureTool because it was mentioned in one of the forum comments after spending some time looking into where to find the proper directory/file which contained the mpaa files. So that is how I was able to discover that the MPA Canada images didn't exist yet in the default skin setup. 

I would prefer the default Aeon Nox: SiLVO skin to be updated to include these additional images I created. However, until that happens, if it ever happens, I don't mind making this update every time the default Aeon Nox: SiLVO skin gets updated. I'll just have to turn off "auto updates" so that I'll be ready to make the manual changes right when I implement the skin update.

Thank you very much the advice.  I'll report back hopefully tomorrow morning with a screenshot showing it working with the new MPA Canada mpaa colored images.
I just love the customization capabilities of Kodi since I started using it on my first small NAS box 5 to 8 years ago. Especially since I've been getting more and more particular with my custom setup this past year and I've only scratched the surface of what I can do.  Keep up the great work Kodi Team!
(2021-01-02, 00:08)sniferx1 Wrote: Wish you all a happy 2021...

Hope someone can help me to solve this mystery. 

I got a new Android Tv and want some help with attache TV Widgets (Powered by The Movie DB) and how to get them. This screenshot is from my OSMC - VERO 4K+ box. I checked and checked for hours and can't figure out how to get them.

Also if someone can inform the location these are living, I can copy them from VERO box to my Android TV Box. I know this is not a SKIN issue and only seeking some help....

ImageImage

Any help is much appreciated...
(2021-01-02, 00:08)sniferx1 Wrote: I got a new Android Tv and want some help with attache TV Widgets (Powered by The Movie DB) and how to get them. This screenshot is from my OSMC - VERO 4K+ box. I checked and checked for hours and can't figure out how to get them.
That is not Kodi core or the skin. It looks like it is one of the skin helper add-ons. I don't have Silvo in front of me at this moment, but if you check in Skin Settings then there should be a list of add-ons showing whether they are installed or not installed. It should be one of those. Reading their description should tell you which one.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-01-03, 05:25)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-01-02, 00:08)sniferx1 Wrote: I got a new Android Tv and want some help with attache TV Widgets (Powered by The Movie DB) and how to get them. This screenshot is from my OSMC - VERO 4K+ box. I checked and checked for hours and can't figure out how to get them.
That is not Kodi core or the skin. It looks like it is one of the skin helper add-ons. I don't have Silvo in front of me at this moment, but if you check in Skin Settings then there should be a list of add-ons showing whether they are installed or not installed. It should be one of those. Reading their description should tell you which one.

Much appreciated. I already check this and both same all skin add ons installed (including the optional ones).

I will also keep digging until Silvo return from holidays.
One of the best if not the best Kodi skin, I am currently using it on Kodi 19. Amazing Job.
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
Hi! congratulations for the great work of the skin. I have installed it and it works great! I have a great doubt, I have been looking through the forum about how to change the view to myflix for example and make it permanent ... I have tried the method of modifying MyVideoNav.xml, adding 509 but it has not worked for me. Is there a way to do it? Please, can you help me?
(2021-01-06, 23:21)Papermi Wrote: Hi! congratulations for the great work of the skin. I have installed it and it works great! I have a great doubt, I have been looking through the forum about how to change the view to myflix for example and make it permanent ... I have tried the method of modifying MyVideoNav.xml, adding 509 but it has not worked for me. Is there a way to do it? Please, can you help me?

Myflix is enabled easily, clk on movies and from whiever view you have , press left to bring up side menu , then clik on the current view at the top of list and scroll down and change it to Myfkix.
(2021-01-06, 23:46)ontap Wrote:
(2021-01-06, 23:21)Papermi Wrote: Hi! congratulations for the great work of the skin. I have installed it and it works great! I have a great doubt, I have been looking through the forum about how to change the view to myflix for example and make it permanent ... I have tried the method of modifying MyVideoNav.xml, adding 509 but it has not worked for me. Is there a way to do it? Please, can you help me?

Myflix is enabled easily, clk on movies and from whiever view you have , press left to bring up side menu , then clik on the current view at the top of list and scroll down and change it to Myfkix.
Thanks for your answer. Yes, it is enabled but it is not fixed if I change to the next page (addon for example), it returns to the default list. How can I set Myflix by default? I have tried to modify the xml as I have read here <defaultcontrol always = "true"> 50 </defaultcontrol> to <defaultcontrol always = "true"> 509 </defaultcontrol> (509 ID Myflix) .... not working ..... Any way to modify? Thank you

Fortunately/Unfortunately depends on your point of view, most addons have their own view settings.

Addons normally have a Tools section and set views would be an option in there. Even this isn't always 100%

Maybe google how to set views in the addon you are using.
(2021-01-07, 08:08)Jeffers24 Wrote:

Fortunately/Unfortunately depends on your point of view, most addons have their own view settings.

Addons normally have a Tools section and set views would be an option in there. Even this isn't always 100%

ok, can't you put fixed view (myflix for example) even modifying xml? thanks for your answer.
(2021-01-07, 14:11)Papermi Wrote:

ok, can't you put fixed view (myflix for example) even modifying xml? thanks for your answer.
I have only fixed views in addons.

I have always avoided making any xml changes, as they will be overwritten when you get a skin update.
(2021-01-07, 14:11)Papermi Wrote:

As ontap stated above BUT - you have to set that view for each library section of your Kodi. i.e. If you set the view for TV Shows then go to Movies it won't be the same until you set it for Moves. Addons are separate as well. So enter into each one and set it's view to what you want. If the addon doesn't have the view option you want you may then have to modify the ADDON to get it. But like was said, if that addon gets updated you have to mod it again after the update.
  • 665(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55