• 666(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2021-01-07, 16:08)flhthemi Wrote:
(2021-01-07, 14:11)Papermi Wrote:
(2021-01-07, 08:08)Jeffers24 Wrote: Fortunately/Unfortunately depends on your point of view, most addons have their own view settings.

Addons normally have a Tools section and set views would be an option in there. Even this isn't always 100%

Maybe google how to set views in the addon you are using.
ok, can't you put fixed view (myflix for example) even modifying xml? thanks for your answer.

As ontap stated above BUT - you have to set that view for each library section of your Kodi. i.e. If you set the view for TV Shows then go to Movies it won't be the same until you set it for Moves. Addons are separate as well. So enter into each one and set it's view to what you want. If the addon doesn't have the view option you want you may then have to modify the ADDON to get it. But like was said, if that addon gets updated you have to mod it again after the update.
When I set views within an addon I don't have to reset after an addon update, as my settings are stored in the addon's settings file in the userdata file.

I believe if I make modifications to the skins html, they will be overwritten when the skin updates. A way round this may be if the skin allowed a user the option to change it's views in the skin's settings and stored them in the settings file in userdata.
(2021-01-07, 16:08)flhthemi Wrote:
(2021-01-07, 14:11)Papermi Wrote:
(2021-01-07, 08:08)Jeffers24 Wrote: Fortunately/Unfortunately depends on your point of view, most addons have their own view settings.

Addons normally have a Tools section and set views would be an option in there. Even this isn't always 100%

Maybe google how to set views in the addon you are using.
ok, can't you put fixed view (myflix for example) even modifying xml? thanks for your answer.

As ontap stated above BUT - you have to set that view for each library section of your Kodi. i.e. If you set the view for TV Shows then go to Movies it won't be the same until you set it for Moves. Addons are separate as well. So enter into each one and set it's view to what you want. If the addon doesn't have the view option you want you may then have to modify the ADDON to get it. But like was said, if that addon gets updated you have to mod it again after the update.

Ok i understand. Thank you very much!!
Back with another question slash situation.

Been working on my Kodi 18.9 setup for "Movie Sets" by  a request from my female user. (Don't ask. You know probably know who.)

Works like a charm (and she's happy now) in 18.9.

Since Matrix is the next build, I figured I'd try the same setup to another  install running as a portable mode on W10.

All is good to a degree.

This is a screen shot on Leia 18.9:

And this is a screen shot on the Matrix 19. Beta 2

I was able to change the folders to the collection icons in Leia but not in the Matrix version.

Beats me. Is it possible or as coded

Thx
(2021-01-08, 02:01)TXbuckaroo Wrote: I was able to change the folders to the collection icons in Leia but not in the Matrix version.
Is it the missing fanart and posters you are querying? Do you have local artwork for those movie sets?

Try this... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_set_information_folder
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Сolleagues how to install color media tags in silvo?
And one more question: I tried the matrix - in the 19th version, the sources of information for movies do not work (The movie db). Is this the case for everyone, or is it possible to fix it somehow?
(2021-01-08, 16:39)folegozon Wrote: And one more question: I tried the matrix - in the 19th version, the sources of information for movies do not work (The movie db). Is this the case for everyone, or is it possible to fix it somehow?
It's the case for me.  New titles I add are hit and miss if they get scraped no matter which scraper I use (not just tmdb).  Mainstream well known older and newer released titles are just as prone fwiw.  Half the time I have to create my own nfo, look up the title at imdb, and copy and paste the url into my manually created nfo.  Then I have to manually re-scrape.  Then and only then is the title added to my library.  After that I delete my nfo.  After that I have export my entire collection so an updated nfo is created for that new title so I don't have to painstakingly hand write my own.  There is absolutely no rhyme or reason why some titles get scraped and others don't.  The titles are always present at imdb and tmdb yet Kodi doesn't recognize them automatically until you point to them by adding the url.  If I move a problem title and delete it's nfo (causing a need to re-scrape) I get to do it all over again.  This has been occurring for a very long time.  Yep, it sucks.

Btw, Color media tags = Skin settings/Silvo extras/Use colored icons and media flags.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2021-01-08, 20:35)brazen1 Wrote: It's the case for me.  New titles I add are hit and miss if they get scraped no matter which scraper I use (not just tmdb).  Mainstream well known older and newer released titles are just as prone fwiw.  Half the time I have to create my own nfo, look up the title at imdb, and copy and paste the url into my manually created nfo.  Then I have to manually re-scrape.  Then and only then is the title added to my library. 
Provide a Debug Log

I can't imagine why you would have so many problems.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-01-08, 21:24)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-01-08, 20:35)brazen1 Wrote: It's the case for me.  New titles I add are hit and miss if they get scraped no matter which scraper I use (not just tmdb).  Mainstream well known older and newer released titles are just as prone fwiw.  Half the time I have to create my own nfo, look up the title at imdb, and copy and paste the url into my manually created nfo.  Then I have to manually re-scrape.  Then and only then is the title added to my library. 
Provide a Debug Log

I can't imagine either but the next time I add a title that is listed at imdb and tmdb and it refuses to scrape I will certainly post a debug log in the hopes that someone can decipher what 'my' problem or 'the' problem is.  Thanks for your interest.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2021-01-08, 22:06)brazen1 Wrote: I can't imagine either but the next time I add a title that is listed at imdb and tmdb and it refuses to scrape I will certainly post a debug log in the hopes that someone can decipher what 'my' problem or 'the' problem is. 
Ok. When you do, post your log up in the Information Providers section of the forum as it is not a skin issue.
My Signature
(2021-01-08, 03:26)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-01-08, 02:01)TXbuckaroo Wrote: I was able to change the folders to the collection icons in Leia but not in the Matrix version.
Is it the missing fanart and posters you are querying? Do you have local artwork for those movie sets?

Try this... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_set_information_folder
@Karellen  thanks for the response.

Primarily the list view is missing the posters in the Matrix version of Aeon Nox Silvo.
All the artwork was retrieved by the TMDB scraper in both of the Kodi versions.
It's all there but seems Mike has made some  change in the Matrix version that doesn't allow the folder looking icon to be changed to anything else.
I could be in error and probably am. I can deal with or without the list view because of all the other views he's provided.

Just thought it was strange to be functional on Kodi Leia version and not Matrix.

Thanks again
(2021-01-08, 23:18)TXbuckaroo Wrote: Primarily the list view is missing the posters in the Matrix version of Aeon Nox Silvo.
Ok, I see. Its not that the set artwork is not scanned, its that it is missing from that particular view.
I agree, as it is missing from my view also as shown in the images.
mikeSiLVO will need to look at the issue if it is not an intentional change.

My Signature
(2021-01-08, 20:35)brazen1 Wrote:
(2021-01-08, 16:39)folegozon Wrote: And one more question: I tried the matrix - in the 19th version, the sources of information for movies do not work (The movie db). Is this the case for everyone, or is it possible to fix it somehow?
It's the case for me.  New titles I add are hit and miss if they get scraped no matter which scraper I use (not just tmdb).  Mainstream well known older and newer released titles are just as prone fwiw.  Half the time I have to create my own nfo, look up the title at imdb, and copy and paste the url into my manually created nfo.  Then I have to manually re-scrape.  Then and only then is the title added to my library.  After that I delete my nfo.  After that I have export my entire collection so an updated nfo is created for that new title so I don't have to painstakingly hand write my own.  There is absolutely no rhyme or reason why some titles get scraped and others don't.  The titles are always present at imdb and tmdb yet Kodi doesn't recognize them automatically until you point to them by adding the url.  If I move a problem title and delete it's nfo (causing a need to re-scrape) I get to do it all over again.  This has been occurring for a very long time.  Yep, it sucks.

Btw, Color media tags = Skin settings/Silvo extras/Use colored icons and media flags.

Thanks! I wasn't paying attention.
(2021-01-08, 21:24)Karellen Wrote:
Provide a Debug Log

This problem only on android tv box. On PC  -  OK. TMDB works.
(2021-01-02, 06:50)Karellen Wrote:  
(2021-01-02, 05:49)OnyxCody Wrote: how do I get the Aeon Nox: SiLVO skin to recognize these new images;
You need to edit your skin files. The mpaa bits are held in variables.xml here... https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox....xml#L1039
They are in a few locations in that file, so do a search for MPAA to find each of their locations.
Slot in your Canada ones, either by adding new lines, or editing existing countries that you won't use.
(2021-01-02, 05:49)OnyxCody Wrote: if I add these 6 additional images to the "media\flags\colored\mpaa" directory and then re-compile the whole Aeon Nox: SiLVO "skin.aeon.nox.silvo\media"
You can use the TextureTool... https://kodi.wiki/view/TextureTool
But if you add the unpacked files back where the xbt file was, keeping all the proper folders in place from when you extracted it, it should still work. But it will prevent future updates. So up to you which way to go.
@Karellen I finally had some time to get around to making this change, and surprisingly it was quite simple and only took about 15 to 30 minutes to complete. Smile  The assistance you proved was perfect, and the results are looking great.
I added the Canada ratings images I created which I gathered from the MPA Canada site (https://www.mpa-canada.org/film-ratings/):

Here's an example of what one of them looks like in the skin:

I also added Japan ratings images I created which I gathered from the ERIN site (https://movielabs.com/md/ratings/v2.3.2/...tings.html):

Here's an example of what one of them looks like in the skin:

This turned out so well I may add the ratings images from the various Canadian provincial jurisdictions as well. Thanks again for the assistance with this.
  • 666(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55