• 671(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2021-02-26, 19:54)mikeSiLVO Wrote:  
Quote:Set description or synopsis, over-runs by a half line 'Genre' listing just below movie #; v 7.9.6. 1080p Matrix
Where does it do this? Pic please Blush

See this post for pic: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360787

Thx!
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
@mikeSiLVO 

That update took care of the error!  As always, THANK YOU!

P.S.
Tested good on v.20 nightly, my new daily driver.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2021-02-26, 19:54)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 00:31)mister_eff Wrote:  
(2021-02-23, 21:19)Pienoet Wrote: @mikeSiLVO the library data provider addon needs to be updated for matrix.
I always get an error when returning to the homescreen.

Very easy to reproduce.

Just reboot and when finished booting you get an error.

Will need debug log. I get no error.
@mikeSiLVO  debug log here 

This is on my windows PC running matrix  and on coreelec device ODROID N2 i've got the same error.
(2021-02-23, 05:27)flhthemi Wrote: I installed Matrix on my Android tablet last night and noticed right away the main menu bar has an issue where, I think, it's the 3rd menu item locking the bar to that selection. I can't enter addons or weather or anything else. The menu bar will slide through the options on it but selecting an item from it isn't functioning. i.e. sliding from System to Movies works but I can't select movies. Mouse does work but doesn't when trying to make the selection. Used to be I could tap it to open it once in was focused on it.

If I can find some sort of screen capture for video on the tablet I'll make a video if you like...

I don't know if a debug log would show any error as nothing is happening but glad to supply one if wanted.

HERE is the debug log and HERE is a video!

Android is V6.0.1
Been testing this skin since moving to Kodi 19 (Matrix) and love it.

I have a couple of issues/broken/not working stuff to report though:

1 - Watched/In progress stickers (overlays?), don't work and don't show on any view specially on movies but also on TV Shows. Even if I manually set the item as "watched", nothing is happening to the cover. The only thing working is episodes watched counter or (on episode views), it shows the correct checkbox for watched/not watched/in progress episodes. ---------> This is working as intended, I simply didn't set them up.

2 - Using the embuary.helper plugin, the following issues happen:

a) On video info, when I scroll down to "similar movies", clicking on any of those movies, does nothing (altough sound input and visual click is recognized). The only way to change to that particular movie, is long pressing the enter/ok button to bring up the contextual menu and then choose "Information"

b) When doing a), the new movie we are now seeing the video information of, does not have the cast when I scroll down, only more similar movies. This is obviously fixed by going back to the home screen and then entering "movies" again. But it's annoying.

c) Widgets art. When I try and set a widget using embuary.helper (for example, "Recommended based on last watched") it works perfectly but there's a catch: I can only select "poster" "square poster" or "fanart" as views to display on main menu. Not icons, not banners, etc. Is this by design? Asking since I can select those views on any other widget outside embuary.helper so it's probably a skin integration issue?

Ok so these are the ones I recall from fiddling with the skin yesterday. Love it and will be using it moving forward. But would like to know if any of these has been reported before (since there are many pages in this thread and I didn't go through all of them!) :p
(2021-02-25, 22:09)Milkado Wrote: Anyone can use this skin in Android TV (Nvidia Shield)? There is no problem with my Mac but it simply doesn’t work in the Shield after update to 19.0

Yes. I'm using it with no issues. What is going on there?
(2021-02-27, 21:56)djhifi Wrote: Been testing this skin since moving to Kodi 19 (Matrix) and love it.

1 - Watched/In progress stickers (overlays?), don't work and don't show on any view specially on movies but also on TV Shows. Even if I manually set the item as "watched", nothing is happening to the cover. The only thing working is episodes watched counter or (on episode views), it shows the correct checkbox for watched/not watched/in progress episodes. 

a) On video info, when I scroll down to "similar movies", clicking on any of those movies, does nothing (altough sound input and visual click is recognized). The only way to change to that particular movie, is long pressing the enter/ok button to bring up the contextual menu and then choose "Information"

b) When doing a), the new movie we are now seeing the video information of, does not have the cast when I scroll down, only more similar movies. This is obviously fixed by going back to the home screen and then entering "movies" again. But it's annoying.

c) Widgets art. When I try and set a widget using embuary.helper (for example, "Recommended based on last watched") it works perfectly but there's a catch: I can only select "poster" "square poster" or "fanart" as views to display on main menu. Not icons, not banners, etc. Is this by design? Asking since I can select those views on any other widget outside embuary.helper so it's probably a skin integration issue?

Ok so these are the ones I recall from fiddling with the skin yesterday. Love it and will be using it moving forward. But would like to know if any of these has been reported before (since there are many pages in this thread and I didn't go through all of them!) :p

(1) Skin settings/Advanced/Watched status/ check the indicators you want.  Working on my install.

(2a) This is true for me also. 

(2b) This is true for me also but a little different behavior.  The title I focus and select actually goes to a different title.  No cast... just more similar movies.

(2c) ?  Didn't try, so no comment.

Be aware, I'm on v20 not v19 fwiw.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2021-02-27, 23:10)brazen1 Wrote:
(2021-02-27, 21:56)djhifi Wrote: Been testing this skin since moving to Kodi 19 (Matrix) and love it.

1 - Watched/In progress stickers (overlays?), don't work and don't show on any view specially on movies but also on TV Shows. Even if I manually set the item as "watched", nothing is happening to the cover. The only thing working is episodes watched counter or (on episode views), it shows the correct checkbox for watched/not watched/in progress episodes. 

(1) Skin settings/Advanced/Watched status/ check the indicators you want.  Working on my install.

(2a) This is true for me also. 

(2b) This is true for me also but a little different behavior.  The title I focus and select actually goes to a different title.  No cast... just more similar movies.

(2c) ?  Didn't try, so no comment.

Be aware, I'm on v20 not v19 fwiw.

Thanks for answering. I will check for your solution to (1) and report back. --------> It works, of course. I was just simply blind on this one.

Regarding (2a) and (2b) they are errors then. Needs fixing.

Can you try (2c) on your KODI please? Its quick to set up. Just go to configure home menu, choose movies, choose widget 2, select "video addons" "embuary helper" and the "movies playlists (or somethingg like this) and "suggested based on watched movies (or something like this)". And then check if you can select art other than poster or fanart and report back please.

Regarding (2b):

I cannot even click and move to another movie while using embuary helper "similar movies" I need to long press to bring up the contextual menu and select "Information". Simply pressing ENTER on any of those movies, does nothing besides UI sound and animation. Almost as if it recognizes the input, but doesn't execute it.

PS: Where did u get v20?
I think I've found another incompatible plugin/script with the skin:

tv shows next aired

My skin is not populating the information like seen on post #9,778 by @mikeSiLVO 

I've downloaded version 8.0.1 from Angelinas (https://mega.nz/file/DEgBwSBC#peVdf4m18p...P4i5Avs-xs).
It's not throwing any errors in the logs either. It simply doesn't work when I run it. And doesn't populate the skin like the example shown in the post above.

Are we supposed to use tmdb helper for this instead and it passively populates the library?

Cause I've just gave it a try, and it populated it without the need to run the program (like tv shows next aired).
Colleagues, is there an alternative to 'artwork beef' for the matrix?
(2021-02-28, 09:13)folegozon Wrote: Colleagues, is there an alternative to 'artwork beef' for the matrix?
Artwork Dump. It is a cut-back version... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360078
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-02-27, 22:13)djhifi Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 22:09)Milkado Wrote: Anyone can use this skin in Android TV (Nvidia Shield)? There is no problem with my Mac but it simply doesn’t work in the Shield after update to 19.0

Yes. I'm using it with no issues. What is going on there?
Thank you.
Deleting cache and it is working again.
(2021-02-28, 09:40)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-02-28, 09:13)folegozon Wrote: Colleagues, is there an alternative to 'artwork beef' for the matrix?
Artwork Dump. It is a cut-back version... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360078

Yeah, I'll try!
Can anyone try to reproduce to see if its true:

Up Next plugin.

When I click "play next" (when the popup comes at the end of an episode) the next video comes in and starts playing but filled with breaks.

So, its unusable. I have to stop playback and manually play the episode.
(2021-02-26, 19:43)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2021-02-24, 03:34)brazen1 Wrote: Skin Info Service Error the 1st time a Movie Set is focused.  Matrix and v20.

I get no such error. Will need debug logs Smile
(2021-02-25, 17:13)nsw2200 Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 13:48)SpankDaMunkee Wrote: Hey there,

Just started using this skin in the latest (stable) build of Kodi and I'm absolutely loving it, but there is one strange thing I came across in my usage, it would seem "cdart" isn't being used on the animated disc when playing music. I did a checked and sure enough cdart is being picked up in kodi itself, just not being used by the skin for some reason. Any assistance on this would very much be appreciated, thanks. ^^
Have the same problem. I'm playing from Albums view of Music. I launched Information menu for the album, then Choose Art and verified that Thumbnail and cdart is showing the correct images (Folder.jpg and cdArt.png in the album folder). But on the full playing music screen I only have a generic CD spinning, with the artist name / album name on it. Fix for this issue much appreciated. Thanks for the great skin!

I need to re-add my music to Kodi, will have to get back to you after I get my library set up.
(2021-02-26, 03:57)dunk_98 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO
Hi I love your skin since changing over to it in V19, It looks great and enjoy the customization,
I was hoping you might consider adding an option or 2 to the Rightlist view, primary when using TV shows, and movies

1. an option for Banners to be used in the list, ie a single row columns of banners, perhaps around 7 to 10 per page.
2. an option for the year to be turned off when on regular view or alternatively when using alt layout view to have the translucent highlight bar over the in focus item (ideally i would like it to look like the regular view but have the data displayed like alt view with the year underneath instead of to the side.
3. or a different tact to item2, to add some opaque background (perhaps with selective levels of opaqueness) just behind the list, as i am just struggling to get some contrast between the list and the fanart pic especially on lighter backgrounds the list of shows or episode becomes difficult to read, but not as dark as it is behind item in the list/lowlist views for example.

Thanks for your great effort on this skin and your consideration

Matt

1) There are other views that have banners in them so probably not but never say never
2) Will need to decide how I display the option before adding one. So many options in the skin already Confused
3) I can maybe add an adjustable dim to the fanart but not a back panel to the list.

Thank you so much for your response,
I had a crack at altering the view myself and managed to remove the year, and also added a thumbnail screen shot on the episode list instead of the season poster, so i am quite happy with the outcome (and a little proud of my self as well as i have never done anything like this before) but thank you for offering to consider it. and perhaps i will see it in a future release.
The reason I ask about the banner view is that there is no other view with a single column of banners to get a good look at the background fanart, again I had a play my self and got a proof of concept going with some adequate spacing but have quickly come to realize that is it beyond by talent to complete with a quality finish that i would enjoy to look at. So here's hoping you may consider it again in the future.

Thanks again and all the best
  • 671(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55