• 519(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
@Dani78

Have you added the discart as a recognised artwork in Kodi?

Call up the Information page for the movie.
Go to the Choose Art icon and select it
In the Choose Art box, is discart listed?
If yes, is there an image assigned to it
If no, then select Add art and add discart as a new image format, then select and add the discart image for the movie.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you! I had to add the discart.
Now. How do I do it with all movies?
Or I have to do it one by one?
Kodi does not scrape Extended Artwork (yet). There was a move to add it in v18, but it is put on hold as the Release Manager did not agree with the way it was implemented.

So you have two choices:

1. Manually like you suggest
2. Install Artwork Beef and let it set all the Extended Artwork for you. Just make sure you get the settings right before running it. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258886
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Artwork Beef its the solution!!! Worked!!!

Thanks!!!
(2018-06-27, 06:43)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Sorry, I am unable to handle PVR issues like this at the moment due to me not having a tuner card to test with and the last time I checked the PVR Demo client did not provide the necessary info to code this area as well as I would like Confused
I checked with standard Estuary skin and there is shows progressbar as it should.
So you could check there.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
dear Mike !  i am not sure if this has been pointed out before  but upon start up or during addon updates & library updates the message for both appears at the same area up in top middle ..could these be separated ?
Can some one tell me how I can create a favourites widget to appear above the favourites link on the menu bar?
I just want to display all the items i've added to kodi favourites.
I think I'm doing something wrong here. I use this skin for years already but I can't figure this out.

I have a bunch of shows with 'Logo View' in my Library. I use smart playlists to link them to the menu. They are now sorted by number of Episodes, but what I really want is to sort them by 'last aired'.

Is this even possible, and how can I do that?
I have only 'Title, Episode, Last Played, Year and My Rating' to choose from.
I'm not sure if this has been asked already in here or not, but I couldn't find anything when I searched the thread. How can I change the default listview to something other than 'List'. I'd really like to set it to 'Showcase' but I'm having to change for each TV show/season individually.

Thanks for any guidance.
(2018-07-12, 01:57)shaktoo Wrote: dear Mike ! i am not sure if this has been pointed out before but upon start up or during addon updates & library updates the message for both appears at the same area up in top middle ..could these be separated ?
If you are asking what I think you are then no, I do not believe it is possible. To the best of my knoledge the notifications are displayed based on Kodi queuing them and they will display in the order they come in. I may be able to add a delay before closing but I have never seen it or tried it so my gut is telling me no...

(2018-07-15, 19:55)Stompa Wrote: Can some one tell me how I can create a favourites widget to appear above the favourites link on the menu bar?
I just want to display all the items i've added to kodi favourites.
"Set up the Aeon Nox Menu" -> "Select Widget 1" (or 2) -> "Select Widget" -> "Favourites >" -> "Favourites >" and then I'm not sure which one but one of the options will do what you want Wink

(2018-07-16, 05:14)rebelone Wrote: I think I'm doing something wrong here. I use this skin for years already but I can't figure this out.

I have a bunch of shows with 'Logo View' in my Library. I use smart playlists to link them to the menu. They are now sorted by number of Episodes, but what I really want is to sort them by 'last aired'.

Is this even possible, and how can I do that?
I have only 'Title, Episode, Last Played, Year and My Rating' to choose from.
I do not think there is an option Kodi provides to sort by last airdate but maybe you can add a link to an add-on like Skin Helper Widgets to show something like Next episodes or Next airing episodes. You'd have to try those out or test some other options to see what, if anything, provides the list you are looking for.
(2018-07-23, 22:59)sinykk Wrote: I'm not sure if this has been asked already in here or not, but I couldn't find anything when I searched the thread. How can I change the default listview to something other than 'List'. I'd really like to set it to 'Showcase' but I'm having to change for each TV show/season individually.

Thanks for any guidance.

Have the list you want to change the view of on screen then use either the LEFT Arrow Key on your keyboard or move the mouse pointer to the upper left corner of the screen and click on the 3 little lines icon for the menu. A side menu will expose itself. Select VIEW then select the desired option. There is also a setting in Skin Settings>Advanced that will open/close the side menu when you hover the mouse pointer in the upper left corner of the screen.

LINK to some more keyboard/mouse controls.

(2018-07-24, 08:04)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I do not think there is an option Kodi provides to sort by last airdate but maybe you can add a link to an add-on like Skin Helper Widgets to show something like Next episodes or Next airing episodes. You'd have to try those out or test some other options to see what, if anything, provides the list you are looking for.

Thanks Mike,

I fixed it by setting 'sort by last added' in the Playlist settings. Not what I realy wanted but it works for now, kind off...

I first tried to fiddle around with addons like you suggested, but it just don't work. The order is shown like I want in some addons I'm not going to name, but I can't seem to mimic that same order content is shown in my local library.

We'll It's not a big deal, and if I think about it, it's more of a kodi limitation than it has to do with your skin. I could also not sort Movies by release date but only by year. I also wonder why the sorting of items in some situations is locked.

Maybe it is already asked but there a way to use the 'Wall' view for genre, year & artist in my music library? It is not available when I want to change view, but they are not disabled.
Hi @mikeSiLVO

Hoping you can point me in the right direction. I am trying to make a minor modification to the Right List view when a movie or tv show is in focus.

I would like to replace the Votes and Ends At with Last Played and Play Count. I have mocked up a sample below.

I have tried finding the code in MyVideoNav and View_506_RightList primarily, but I have hunted around quite a few other xml files but could not locate the specific code. Any hints??

My Signature
(2018-07-28, 04:37)Karellen Wrote: Hi @mikeSiLVO

Hoping you can point me in the right direction. I am trying to make a minor modification to the Right List view when a movie or tv show is in focus.

I would like to replace the Votes and Ends At with Last Played and Play Count. I have mocked up a sample below.

I have tried finding the code in MyVideoNav and View_506_RightList primarily, but I have hunted around quite a few other xml files but could not locate the specific code. Any hints??
No problem Smile

I can and will edit this post if you prefer a copy/paste solution Wink
Just let me know if you need any further assistance or would like a download link Smile

For the Rightlist view I use a PARAM Include for both the focused and item layouts. The, what I refer to as a, "sublabel" for that view is in the Variables.xml file. It looks like you are using the Krypton version so that would start at line 685 if I am not mistaken. That VAR is named RightListSubLabelVar.

Depending on the options you have chosen you would need to alter the correct one or all of them if you wanted that to be the sublabel for all movies regardless of any user choices available.

I replaced that VAR for testing and the below image is what you should see if you do the same:

Code:
    <variable name="RightListSubLabelVar">
        <value condition="!ListItem.IsParentFolder + !Skin.HasSetting(Enable.HourMinuteDuration) + [Container.Content(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(rightlistalternate)]">[COLOR white]$INFO[ListItem.LastPlayed,$LOCALIZE[568] , • ]$INFO[ListItem.Duration(mins),, $LOCALIZE[12391]]$INFO[ListItem.PlayCount, • Plays: ,][/COLOR]</value>
        <value condition="!ListItem.IsParentFolder + Skin.HasSetting(Enable.HourMinuteDuration) + [Container.Content(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(rightlistalternate)]">[COLOR white]$INFO[ListItem.LastPlayed,$LOCALIZE[568] , • ]$VAR[ItemDurationVar]$INFO[ListItem.PlayCount, • Plays: ,][/COLOR]</value>
        <value condition="!ListItem.IsParentFolder + !Skin.HasSetting(Enable.HourMinuteDuration) + [Container.Content(movies) + Skin.HasSetting(rightlistalternate)]">[COLOR white]$INFO[ListItem.Year,, • ]$INFO[ListItem.LastPlayed,$LOCALIZE[568] , • ]$INFO[ListItem.Duration(mins),, $LOCALIZE[12391]]$INFO[ListItem.PlayCount, • Plays: ,][/COLOR]</value>
        <value condition="!ListItem.IsParentFolder + Skin.HasSetting(Enable.HourMinuteDuration) + [Container.Content(movies) + Skin.HasSetting(rightlistalternate)]">[COLOR white]$INFO[ListItem.Year,, • ]$INFO[ListItem.LastPlayed,$LOCALIZE[568] , • ]$VAR[ItemDurationVar]$INFO[ListItem.PlayCount, • Plays: ,][/COLOR]</value>
        <value condition="[Container.Content(tvshows) + !Skin.HasSetting(rightlistalternatetv)]">$INFO[ListItem.RatingAndVotes]</value>
        <value condition="[Container.Content(tvshows) + Skin.HasSetting(rightlistalternatetv)]">$INFO[ListItem.Year]$INFO[ListItem.RatingAndVotes, • ,]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(episodes)">$INFO[ListItem.RatingAndVotes,, • ]$INFO[ListItem.EndTimeResume,$LOCALIZE[31393]: ,]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(albums)">$INFO[ListItem.Year,, / ]$INFO[ListItem.Artist]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(songs)">$INFO[ListItem.Artist]$INFO[ListItem.Duration, / ,]</value>
    </variable>

The above should cover all options for Rightlist so that all movies show Last Played instead of Votes and Playcount instead of Ends at. There is no Kodi translated string for "plays" so if you do not like that wording you can alter the "Plays:" with anything including parenthesis like the pic you provided.

In addition to the above please let me know if you want me to add a "Karellen" option (it does not need to be named that unless you want it to be Wink) in the sideblade for the Rightlist view so you can always have it available even when I update the skin in the future.
Thank you @mikeSiLVO

Yes, I forgot to mention that it is v17.6

That is exactly what I was after. No problems with the wording. I originally omitted the wording as I thought it might make the line too long, but it is better the way you designed it Smile

I also modified the TV Shows listing, and that is working fine as well.

Sure, if the option is not too much trouble it would be appreciated, your naming choice. Otherwise when I update to v18 I assume it is the same modification.

Thanks again Smile
My Signature
  • 519(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55