• 571(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Any news about changes for the PVR-section?
Proposed changes:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2850980

The PVR-demo client should provide all needed variables for the EPG/Guide
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Possible bug:
- start party mode (music); "go to fullscreen on playback" is active
- music starts, screen is black
- hit "back" on remote, fullscreen/art is visible

doesn't happen all the time, but quite often
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
Good day. It seems to me that the navigation in the library nodes is not working properly. And so, I divided my media library into two parts: films and cartoons. Added a new node "cartoons" and corrected the node "movies", using the "path contains / does not contain". This all works great and correctly filters my videos. However, when I move up a level (two points) to the parent node, instead of my custom node, a default node is opened for movies in which there is no filtering. I have to press up (two points) again and only after that I get to my nodes. How can I fix this?
P.S. translation using google translate.

An example of my node:
titles.xml:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="10" type="filter" visible="Library.HasContent(Movies)">
<label>Все фильмы</label>
<icon>DefaultMovieTitle.png</icon>
<content>movies</content>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="doesnotcontain">
<value>AllVideo/Kids/</value>
</rule>
</node>

From the main menu, open this way:
ActivateWindow(Videos,"library://video/movies/titles.xml",return)
(2019-06-04, 09:31)fhr76ir Wrote: Good day. It seems to me that the navigation in the library nodes is not working properly. And so, I divided my media library into two parts: films and cartoons. Added a new node "cartoons" and corrected the node "movies", using the "path contains / does not contain". This all works great and correctly filters my videos. However, when I move up a level (two points) to the parent node, instead of my custom node, a default node is opened for movies in which there is no filtering. I have to press up (two points) again and only after that I get to my nodes. How can I fix this?
P.S. translation using google translate.

I do the same with Classic Movies and Modern Movies. I use a sub-menu item for each...i.e. Classic Movies and Modern Movies under the MOVIES menu item. Once you enter either selection instead of using the ".." parent and OK/Enter use the back/backspace button.
(2019-06-04, 15:57)flhthemi Wrote: I do the same with Classic Movies and Modern Movies. I use a sub-menu item for each...i.e. Classic Movies and Modern Movies under the MOVIES menu item. Once you enter either selection instead of using the ".." parent and OK/Enter use the back/backspace button

Thank you, but this is not it. The backpase button in this case returns me to the main screen, but I expect that I will go up a level or in extreme cases to the root of the library.
I noticed something else if calling the movie list with the ActivateWindow(Videos, "library: //video/movies/titles.xml") without "return" at the end, the first click on ".." does nothing, and the second works as it should and goes to the points of the parent node. Now it remains to get rid of this double click.
(2019-06-05, 03:44)fhr76ir Wrote:
(2019-06-04, 15:57)flhthemi Wrote:  

Thank you, but this is not it. The backpase button in this case returns me to the main screen, but I expect that I will go up a level or in extreme cases to the root of the library.  

The back key returning to the top level menu is what standard Kodi is configured to do.

You can use the keymap feature to program the action you wish the back key to have in your customisation.
guess I didn’t explain well.
screenshot01 - Main menu. Configured to ActivateWindow (Videos,
"library: //video/movies/titles.xml", return). After clicking I turn
into
screenshot02 (the list of filtered films according to the rules
set in C: \ Users \ Myusername \ AppData \ Roaming \ Kodi \ userdata \
library \ video \ movies \ titles.xml).
screenshot03: What opens when you click on "..". If backspace comes
back to screenshot01.
screenshot04, 05 My actual video node structure. I think that this is
where the transition should be made. Where does screenshot03 come from
is unclear.

Also recorded a video.
(2019-06-05, 12:15)fhr76ir Wrote: guess I didn’t explain well.
screenshot01 - Main menu. Configured to ActivateWindow (Videos,
"library: //video/movies/titles.xml", return). After clicking I turn
into
screenshot02 (the list of filtered films according to the rules
set in C: \ Users \ Myusername \ AppData \ Roaming \ Kodi \ userdata \
library \ video \ movies \ titles.xml).
screenshot03: What opens when you click on "..". If backspace comes
back to screenshot01.
ImageImage
screenshot04, 05 My actual video node structure. I think that this is
where the transition should be made. Where does screenshot03 come from
is unclear.

Also recorded a video.

That always happens when you select the '..' instead of the back key, it goes up to the parent folder

I believe you can disable the showing of the '..' parent folder option, see screenshot below, not sure if you can see this option in all skins, if you can't see it in the skin your using, change to estuary change setting and change back to your skin.

Disabling this may cause you some other issues elsewhere, but in your restricted build all may be OK

(2019-06-05, 12:33)Jeffers24 Wrote: That always happens when you select the '..' instead of the back key, it goes up to the parent folder

I believe you can disable the showing of the '..' parent folder option, see screenshot below, not sure if you can see this option in all skins, if you can't see it in the skin your using, change to estuary change setting and change back to your skin.

Disabling this may cause you some other issues elsewhere, but in your restricted build all may be OK

I do not need to disable the transition to the parent folder. The transition should be, but it should be in the PARENT folder (node of the library "My Test Movie" in my example). Now he goes the wrong way, it can be seen on the video.
Hi Mike.

You had asked that we request new features for v.19 a while ago.  I have another:

Depending on guests, sometimes I need to use complete English subtitles for everything spoken.  Other times I just need subtitles for foreign spoken parts.  Sometimes I don't know if I need subtitles at all.  When first screening a new title, I may find out I need a foreign sub displayed for example.  I'm usually rudely interrupted, pause playback, and start selecting subs using trial and error until I happen across the correct sub I'm looking for.  They are all listed in the subtitles menu as 'English'.  There may be 6 'English' subs.  Hearing impaired, Non hearing impaired, Complete English only, Complete English and Foreign, PGS, SRT, etc.  Once I find the correct sub I'm looking for, for that particular viewing, it would fantastic if I could save the 'info' about those subs so I could correctly load the correct one at title start for the future.  I can't rename them to identify which is which because I'm using exact 1:1 iso rips.  

So, I add 'use external .srt for foreign + full English' or 'use #3 in sub list for foreign only' to the file name of the title.  Then I navigate in this skin to locate the file name and I have my sub info presented to me.  This makes for some pretty long and confusing file names on top of the other media tag info already present in the file name.  Alternately, I can edit the .nfo.  Usually I add it to the 'tag line' so it's visible at the beginning of the synopsis while navigating the library in MyFlix view.  This way I don't have to dig deep into the info page to retrieve the file name.  Other notes could come in handy besides sub info too.

It would be wonderful if there was a 'notes' section available we could type in info for ourselves.  This way we wouldn't have to leave Kodi to edit file names or .nfo's to jot down info.  I don't care where the placeholder for this info would be but it would have to be common for all views.  In MyFlix a new placeholder under the Logo would be perfect.  Currently it's a blank area.  Not sure if this is even possible to create let alone allow to be typed into and auto saved to Kodi database or shortcut to .nfo or something?  Just a suggestion if you find it worthy of pondering.  One thing is for sure, no other skin has anything like this...
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Is there a recommended PVR/Live TV mod people are using which will work with the skin.

Mainly improvements around the usability and feel of EPG, layouts etc. tks
@mikeSiLVO: Hey Mike, been a user of the skin forever and first wish to say thank you for all you do with it. I had posted my question/request elsewhere, and Kodi devs said I should contact you. I am trying to get some type of artwork to show for playlists that are used in widgets. (see Image) Image, specifically when I create  a custom widget. Maybe a selection can be added in the skin to select an icon.  (see Image) Image I know was able to do something like this in the past with creating a custom widget and then creating genres of music and it would allow my to use my own custom icons. Any way I can edit any files or it can be added to the skin somehowHuh

Thanks much
Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes
I could use some help. Relatively new at customizing skins. I worked briefly with Xonfluence and MQ7. At a suggestion from a Kodi user group on Facebook dedicated to modifying skins and such I switched to Nox Silvo. And I love it!!! I just have one minor issue I've been trying to resolve. I have vision problems. I'm currently doing all my customization and such on a laptop with only a 14" monitor. It's VERY difficult for me to manipulate the vertical scroll bars with my mouse. Is there any way I can make them wider so that I can see them better? I've taken a peek at the settings.xml file inside Nox Silvo folder, but I don't see which line "might" control vertical scroll bars. This problem I'm having is affecting both any add-ons I've installed as well any vertical scroll bars I find inside Kodi's system. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Hey everyone, great great theme Smile 

I am having problem with the Greek Translation, in particular, it's the similar problem this user had on this thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=128871 with Transparency! skin. 

In many words, like the name of Main Menu, what time is it, the date on the topbar and others, have (') above the letters. One way to solve that, would be to force your skin to use CAPITALS everywhere and hope to work, is there a way to do that?
Hi
Just wondering if HDR, DOLBY ATMOS, and DTS-X media flags can be added?
Or do you have instructions on how to?

I wont use any other skin. This is the best. Period and this is the only thing thats not up to date
  • 571(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55