• 572(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2019-05-20, 19:59)NeBouse Wrote: Yeah but no...
I've watched "Ralph breaks the internet" yesterday, fully from the beginning to the end and it still doesn't show codecs infos.
And that movie is a "classical" one, .mkv, H264, AC3, like 99% of my collection and almost 50% of them don't show codecs infos.

This is likely either a file or DB issue and the skin can't fix that.

(2019-05-23, 10:40)slenin Wrote: I don.t know, if i posted correct place.
I have ishue with skin. Tvheadhend client not playing Live TV automatically . Sometimes its works, but very rare. Internet connection is ok, 80Mbs. connecting via IP adress to server. On different skins works fine.
Rpi Osmc kernel 4.14.78 PVR backend: TVHeadend

I would need a debug log (wiki) to know what is happening.

(2019-05-23, 21:32)Wombat18 Wrote: If I display the homescreen while an addon is playing, the preview image is not scaled correctly. I have tried this with DAZN, Zattoo and Eurosport Player.
Nowhere is the preview image properly scaled so that it fits in the box. There is white space above and below the preview image.

I'll take a look to see if I can replicate and/or fix.

(2019-05-25, 18:18)Solo0815 Wrote: Any news about changes for the PVR-section?
Proposed changes:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2850980

The PVR-demo client should provide all needed variables for the EPG/Guide

Pushed some changes on Git. Please test and I will continue to work on it as time permits.

Any suggestions on what to prioritize?

(2019-06-04, 07:26)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Possible bug:
- start party mode (music); "go to fullscreen on playback" is active
- music starts, screen is black
- hit "back" on remote, fullscreen/art is visible

doesn't happen all the time, but quite often

Currently the logic of this feature is probably the best it is going to get. If the system is waiting for things like a hard drive to spin up then you will see a black screen until the song actually starts playing for 1 second.

I am always tweaking things though so if I figure out something better...

(2019-06-04, 09:31)fhr76ir Wrote: Good day. It seems to me that the navigation in the library nodes is not working properly. And so, I divided my media library into two parts: films and cartoons. Added a new node "cartoons" and corrected the node "movies", using the "path contains / does not contain". This all works great and correctly filters my videos. However, when I move up a level (two points) to the parent node, instead of my custom node, a default node is opened for movies in which there is no filtering. I have to press up (two points) again and only after that I get to my nodes. How can I fix this?
P.S. translation using google translate.

An example of my node:
titles.xml:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="10" type="filter" visible="Library.HasContent(Movies)">
<label>Все фильмы</label>
<icon>DefaultMovieTitle.png</icon>
<content>movies</content>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="doesnotcontain">
<value>AllVideo/Kids/</value>
</rule>
</node>

From the main menu, open this way:
ActivateWindow(Videos,"library://video/movies/titles.xml",return)

Try editing the path and removing the quotes.
Change:
Code:
ActivateWindow(Videos,"library://video/movies/titles.xml",return)
To this:
Code:
ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/movies/titles.xml,return)

Not sure if that will work so if it does not post a debug log (wiki) where you restart Kodi, replicate the problem and post the log here.
(2019-06-07, 16:50)brazen1 Wrote: Hi Mike.

You had asked that we request new features for v.19 a while ago. I have another:

Depending on guests, sometimes I need to use complete English subtitles for everything spoken. Other times I just need subtitles for foreign spoken parts. Sometimes I don't know if I need subtitles at all. When first screening a new title, I may find out I need a foreign sub displayed for example. I'm usually rudely interrupted, pause playback, and start selecting subs using trial and error until I happen across the correct sub I'm looking for. They are all listed in the subtitles menu as 'English'. There may be 6 'English' subs. Hearing impaired, Non hearing impaired, Complete English only, Complete English and Foreign, PGS, SRT, etc. Once I find the correct sub I'm looking for, for that particular viewing, it would fantastic if I could save the 'info' about those subs so I could correctly load the correct one at title start for the future. I can't rename them to identify which is which because I'm using exact 1:1 iso rips.

So, I add 'use external .srt for foreign + full English' or 'use #3 in sub list for foreign only' to the file name of the title. Then I navigate in this skin to locate the file name and I have my sub info presented to me. This makes for some pretty long and confusing file names on top of the other media tag info already present in the file name. Alternately, I can edit the .nfo. Usually I add it to the 'tag line' so it's visible at the beginning of the synopsis while navigating the library in MyFlix view. This way I don't have to dig deep into the info page to retrieve the file name. Other notes could come in handy besides sub info too.

It would be wonderful if there was a 'notes' section available we could type in info for ourselves. This way we wouldn't have to leave Kodi to edit file names or .nfo's to jot down info. I don't care where the placeholder for this info would be but it would have to be common for all views. In MyFlix a new placeholder under the Logo would be perfect. Currently it's a blank area. Not sure if this is even possible to create let alone allow to be typed into and auto saved to Kodi database or shortcut to .nfo or something? Just a suggestion if you find it worthy of pondering. One thing is for sure, no other skin has anything like this...

Interesting idea.

Is it not possible to just name the subtitle files so you can easier select them from the subtitle dialog during playback and use whatever label you want?

Labeling the sub files makes more sense to me then adding a notes section.

(2019-06-13, 16:59)Wanderer189 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO: Hey Mike, been a user of the skin forever and first wish to say thank you for all you do with it. I had posted my question/request elsewhere, and Kodi devs said I should contact you. I am trying to get some type of artwork to show for playlists that are used in widgets. (see Image) Image, specifically when I create a custom widget. Maybe a selection can be added in the skin to select an icon. (see Image) Image I know was able to do something like this in the past with creating a custom widget and then creating genres of music and it would allow my to use my own custom icons. Any way I can edit any files or it can be added to the skin somehowHuh

Thanks much

I can try to look into this but the custom widget was originally designed for add-ons IIRC. Those should already have an icon.

Might be a better idea to add these as submenu items until I can see what it would take to add this.

(2019-06-14, 01:58)jayv2251 Wrote: I could use some help. Relatively new at customizing skins. I worked briefly with Xonfluence and MQ7. At a suggestion from a Kodi user group on Facebook dedicated to modifying skins and such I switched to Nox Silvo. And I love it!!! I just have one minor issue I've been trying to resolve. I have vision problems. I'm currently doing all my customization and such on a laptop with only a 14" monitor. It's VERY difficult for me to manipulate the vertical scroll bars with my mouse. Is there any way I can make them wider so that I can see them better? I've taken a peek at the settings.xml file inside Nox Silvo folder, but I don't see which line "might" control vertical scroll bars. This problem I'm having is affecting both any add-ons I've installed as well any vertical scroll bars I find inside Kodi's system. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

You would have to search for the scrollbar controls in each view xml file and adjust the width.

Example:
Code:
<control type="scrollbar" id="61">

(2019-06-15, 13:07)lanc3lot Wrote: Hey everyone, great great theme Smile

I am having problem with the Greek Translation, in particular, it's the similar problem this user had on this thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=128871 with Transparency! skin.

In many words, like the name of Main Menu, what time is it, the date on the topbar and others, have (') above the letters. One way to solve that, would be to force your skin to use CAPITALS everywhere and hope to work, is there a way to do that?

I will look into adding a Greek fontset using all uppercase Arial characters. If you find a working ttf file that does this so I can just change the font defined using copy/replace please let me know Smile

(2019-06-15, 19:16)CHA0SENG7NE Wrote: Hi
Just wondering if HDR, DOLBY ATMOS, and DTS-X media flags can be added?
Or do you have instructions on how to?

I wont use any other skin. This is the best. Period and this is the only thing thats not up to date

I added Atmos & DTS:X to the GitHub version of the skin if you want to test it out. I did it pretty quickly and did not have time to test it out myself.

For HDR I would need someone to make both colored and white version of the resolution pngs with HDR added to them.
They would also need to look "good" and match the dimensions of the others for me to add it.
(2019-03-31, 04:58)Wanderer189 Wrote: Is there any way I can change the color of the "buffering or buffered" portion of the OSD Progress bar? Not the played portion, I know there is a setting for that. I need to lighted the part that shows how much has buffered. I am sure it can be done in one of the files in the 16x9 folder or a png file in the textures file.

Thanks

Well after months of looking/waiting for help without any success, I finally figured it out if anyone is interested. I disassembled the Textures.xbt file with the texture tool (located in the skins "media" directory). The file that needed changed is located in the "osd" directory called "midtexture_cache.png". I loaded it into photo shop, changed the color tint to desired color with a bucket fill, then changed the opacity of the file to 20-25%. Saved the file, then recompiled the Textures.xbt with the texture tool. Dropped it back into the skin and WALLAH! Thanks Me...lol

Hope this might help someone else.
Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes
(2019-06-16, 15:44)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-05-20, 19:59)NeBouse Wrote:  

Interesting idea.

Is it not possible to just name the subtitle files so you can easier select them from the subtitle dialog during playback and use whatever label you want?

Labeling the sub files makes more sense to me then adding a notes section.
(2019-06-13, 16:59)Wanderer189 Wrote:  
I just pulled up a random movie and began playback.  I went into the subtitles menu within Kodi.  There are 22 subtitles available.  They are all listed as Unknown  #1, Unknown #2, etc.  I have no idea which sub is which?  I cannot edit anything and add labels using iso's.  That would be too easy.  They are labeled though.  Kodi just doesn't recognize this so it only displays a menu of worthless subtitle generic names.  This is why I made the request. 

Using an external player they are labeled a bit more relevant.  I can go into any external player menu and see they are labeled.  Problem is, even labeled I still don't have any idea which is which although labels do narrow the playing field for example French subs vs English subs.  Even weeding through foreign subs and noticing English sub choices there are often many and they are all simply labeled 'English'.  As I wrote, these subs labeled 'English' could be Hearing impaired, Non hearing impaired, Complete English only, Complete English and Foreign, PGS, SRT, Foreign parts only, etc. except subs are not labeled like this using iso's.  You just get a list of 7 English subs available mixed in with subs that are non English.

There is no way of choosing the correct sub without a bit of trial and error.  Sometimes that's daunting and you have to go to a 3rd party like subscene to obtain exactly what you are looking for because it wasn't offered native.  Once it's been discovered, it would be fantastic to SAVE this discovery of sub related info for the future so it wouldn't have to be discovered all over again next viewing.  Usually something like 'sub #7 is foreign only and sub #12 is full English' referencing their place in the list.  Thus my request for a notes section in your skin instead of hassling manually editing nfo's.  Also, there could be a gazillion other reasons users might desire to jot down a notation about a title other than just subtitle info.  That's just one example I've detailed.

On a completely different subject, it appears the setting in Customization/Video & Music Information/Video Plot Preference (Plot Outline vs Full Plot) has no affect.  I get full plot most of the time and seldom just a plot outline.  Maybe full is all the scraper sends though and doesn't offer just the simple outline.  I don't know how this full vs outline is determined?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-05-23, 21:32)Wombat18 Wrote: If I display the homescreen while an addon is playing, the preview image is not scaled correctly. I have tried this with DAZN, Zattoo and Eurosport Player.
Nowhere is the preview image properly scaled so that it fits in the box. There is white space above and below the preview image.

This should be fixed on Git now.

I also added a few more labels but I don't have time to test with a lot of add-ons for any incompatibilities. Can you please test it out and report any other issues?
(2019-06-16, 18:09)brazen1 Wrote: I just pulled up a random movie and began playback.  I went into the subtitles menu within Kodi.  There are 22 subtitles available.  They are all listed as Unknown  #1, Unknown #2, etc.  I have no idea which sub is which?  I cannot edit anything and add labels using iso's.  That would be too easy.  They are labeled though.  Kodi just doesn't recognize this so it only displays a menu of worthless subtitle generic names.  This is why I made the request. 

Using an external player they are labeled a bit more relevant.  I can go into any external player menu and see they are labeled.  Problem is, even labeled I still don't have any idea which is which although labels do narrow the playing field for example French subs vs English subs.  Even weeding through foreign subs and noticing English sub choices there are often many and they are all simply labeled 'English'.  As I wrote, these subs labeled 'English' could be Hearing impaired, Non hearing impaired, Complete English only, Complete English and Foreign, PGS, SRT, Foreign parts only, etc. except subs are not labeled like this using iso's.  You just get a list of 7 English subs available mixed in with subs that are non English.

There is no way of choosing the correct sub without a bit of trial and error.  Sometimes that's daunting and you have to go to a 3rd party like subscene to obtain exactly what you are looking for because it wasn't offered native.  Once it's been discovered, it would be fantastic to SAVE this discovery of sub related info for the future so it wouldn't have to be discovered all over again next viewing.  Usually something like 'sub #7 is foreign only and sub #12 is full English' referencing their place in the list.  Thus my request for a notes section in your skin instead of hassling manually editing nfo's.  Also, there could be a gazillion other reasons users might desire to jot down a notation about a title other than just subtitle info.  That's just one example I've detailed.

On a completely different subject, it appears the setting in Customization/Video & Music Information/Video Plot Preference (Plot Outline vs Full Plot) has no affect.  I get full plot most of the time and seldom just a plot outline.  Maybe full is all the scraper sends though and doesn't offer just the simple outline.  I don't know how this full vs outline is determined?

This seems like a request for a Kodi dev to implement subtitle parsing for iso files if that is even possible. If you extract the sub files yourself and choose browse you can see the filenames and pick any you have previously labeled.

The way full plot and outline work is if you enable outline and there isn't one available it will fallback to full plot so the skin has something to display instead of being empty.

Universal Movie Scraper has settings to get the outline from IMDb but I believe they are english only if that is an issue. You can also choose a Rotten Tomatoes critic consensus if you have an OMDb api key entered into the settings for UMS. I can't recall if there are other options to select from...
(2019-06-16, 18:09)brazen1 Wrote: There are 22 subtitles available.  They are all listed as Unknown  #1, Unknown #2, etc.  I have no idea which sub is which? 
If you correctly name the subtitle files, they should be parsed correctly (sorry for the Estuary image)...

Some naming examples...
Forced - <VideoFileName>.eng.forced.ext - Kodi will load this automatically
Default - <VideoFileName>.eng.default.ext - Kodi will load this automatically if Forced subtitles are not available
Other- <VideoFileName> .ita.<unique>.ext - Will be available for selection from the Subtitles list. <Unique> is just anything to make the filename unique and allow more subtitle files to be added.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-06-17, 20:22)mikeSiLVO Wrote:

This should be fixed on Git now.

I also added a few more labels but I don't have time to test with a lot of add-ons for any incompatibilities. Can you please test it out and report any other issues?    

Sky Go (Germany) and Eurosport Player are fine, but DAZN, Zattoo and Magenta Sport have no preview image, although they have one in the widgets.
See this screenshot:
Ideally, I would like to have these preview images on the homescreen while one of these addons is playing and I navigate on the homescreen menu.
I think you guys are trying to show me mkv's with external subs.  I'm not using either.  I'm using original 1:1 iso rips.  The subs are native to what is on the physical disc.  Nothing more... nothing less.  There is no such thing as renaming them.  The 2nd screenshot is Kodi and what I'm presented with and why a 'notes' section would be valuable.  The 1st screenshot is an external player, MPC-HC/BE.  Although it at least shows the language, it doesn't identify what the 4 English subs are.  I have to hunt and peck in either case.  When using a player such as DVDFab, it identifies in more depth using the sub menu setup prior to the start showing 'Atmos 5.1 English' for example out of the 4 English subs available.  During playback selecting a sub displays just like MPC-HC/BE though.  I'm not always using Fab either.  I'm just giving a subtitle demo of the value here.  Imagine the other gazillion scenarios a notes section would be valuable.  Anyway, it appears the whole notes request isn't palatable and we can just leave it at that.  No big deal.  I do appreciate the input on the idea though.  Thank you.

ImageImage
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Been using this skin for a long time now (thanks for all the hard work on it, mike!) but I'd like to mod the behavior a bit and am not sure if it's possible or not.

When in the movie (or TV episode) list, pressing right will go to the scroll bar first. I don't use this functionality myself, but it's not a nuisance. Pressing it again blanks out the list to display the fanart. I would like this second press instead to open the information panel for the highlighted movie or episode. As a final modification, I'd really like to be able to close the information panel and return to the list by arrowing back to the left from the left-most item (the icon which plays the file).

I always prefer navigating via arrows when possible and this just feels like natural/intuitive change to the flow of moving around in the Silvo skin for me. Is it possible?
Is there a setting that will allow me to stop the year displaying after the season number?

Hi.. long time Aeon Nox Silvo user - can't appreciate enough all the good work that has gone into this skin. Till now I have been meticulously searching and adding Studio icons and even contributing new/updated logos to the Studio Icons repo. However, as my library grows I am finding it increasingly difficult to hunt down obscure logos or update the logos that have changed. Also, some studios are now defunct and it doesn't make sense to display their logos anymore. It is also a bit of a chore fixing manually when there's not much information regarding the production studio (that's the studio I prioritized with the logos) or the scraper adds one of the other studios (distribution studio or another studio which worked on the movie).

Sorry for the long explanation above. I am looking for an option somewhere to hide the studio logos/text. Is that something that is doable?

Thanks!
(2019-06-20, 17:22)Jeffers24 Wrote: Is there a setting that will allow me to stop the year displaying after the season number?
Yes.

In the sideblade menu, go into RightList:Settings then enable Alternate layout
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-06-20, 22:15)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-06-20, 17:22)Jeffers24 Wrote: Is there a setting that will allow me to stop the year displaying after the season number?
Yes.

In the sideblade menu, go into RightList:Settings then enable Alternate layout 
Worked a treat, thank you

I have tried and tested. The Dolby ATMOS and DTS:X working perfectly. Thank you. Just need a talent to get a hdr icon to suit....
Hi Mike,

Not too sure if this is a bug or intended behaviour.

Using movies as an example the movie info screen when you access via a widget does not have same settings as when you access via main menu.

E.g blur background setting. Does not blur when you go into information via a widget but does if you go via main selection.
  • 572(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55