• 576(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2019-07-13, 18:28)Hoosier205 Wrote: I noticed in the what’s new/change-log that Dolby Atmos and DTS:X flags/logos are now available, but I’m not seeing them. They just show as Dolby True HD or DTS MA. I’m using the current version of Kodi on a Shield TV, with a Plex backend hosted on a local computer via PlexKodiConnect.

Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and all the other flags appear correctly for me.

Windows 10 v.1903 HTPC with Kodi v.19 and all files/folders (iso's mainly with a few mkv's, avi's, mp4's, etc.) are local.

Your problem is probably your Shield and/or Plex combo you got going on there or perhaps you might need v.19 imo.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-07-14, 02:54)brazen1 Wrote:
(2019-07-13, 18:28)Hoosier205 Wrote: I noticed in the what’s new/change-log that Dolby Atmos and DTS:X flags/logos are now available, but I’m not seeing them. They just show as Dolby True HD or DTS MA. I’m using the current version of Kodi on a Shield TV, with a Plex backend hosted on a local computer via PlexKodiConnect.

Windows 10 v.1903 HTPC with Kodi v.19 and all files/folders (iso's mainly with a few mkv's, avi's, mp4's, etc.) are local.

Your problem is probably your Shield and/or Plex combo you got going on there or perhaps you might need v.19 imo.

I updated to Kodi 19, but I’m on the version of this skin that is available via the main repo. Still no Atmos or DTS:X flags (all others are working). Is there a v.19 branch/version of the skin I should be using?
@mikeSiLVO Want to report a small possible BUG.

Issue:
When in the Movies Rating VIEW, all the movies with same ratings with different votes not sorted as per the IMDB Ratings. This causing Movies with IMDB Ratings to display in below order #1, #2, #3, #4, #6, #7, #5. 

More Investigation Notes and expected user experience:
All I am asking here is to way to display IMDB Movies in one order so I can have a look Ratings Ascending or Depending. Another possible solution is to give users 2nd Sorting method for movies end up in same Ratings but with different votes and IMDB Movies rankings.

I did play around with this to get Fixed by running and updating ratings via utility and formal Light IMDB Update utility but view order remain unsorted.

Hope a solution can be provided for this issue....
(2019-07-14, 03:50)Hoosier205 Wrote:
(2019-07-14, 02:54)brazen1 Wrote:

I updated to Kodi 19, but I’m on the version of this skin that is available via the main repo. Still no Atmos or DTS:X flags (all others are working). Is there a v.19 branch/version of the skin I should be using?

I can only get them to come up if ATMOS is in the name of the folder. If the title doesn’t say ATMOS or DTS:X it appears as TrueHd and DTSMA. When you rename them they work perfectly!!

I am running v19 and skin from the Kodi repo

Thanks for all your hard work @mikeSiLVO
(2019-07-15, 18:32)Jbev01 Wrote:
(2019-07-14, 03:50)Hoosier205 Wrote:
(2019-07-14, 02:54)brazen1 Wrote: Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and all the other flags appear correctly for me.

I can only get them to come up if ATMOS is in the name of the folder. If the title doesn’t say ATMOS or DTS:X it appears as TrueHd and DTSMA. When you rename them they work perfectly!!

I am running v19 and skin from the Kodi repo

Thanks for all your hard work @mikeSiLVO
Ahhh, interesting! Thanks for the info. I have about 4,000 and all of them are just the title and year of release in the folder and file name. Not renaming them all lol!
I have a question about how your skin works with the new 4k firestick, I have a intro video and there for some reason is no sound when it loads up any ideas how this can be fixed.
Is it possible to change the intro video, without modifying the skin?

Don't want to change the skin, then have it changed back when skin update is released/installed
I am having a problem with my backgrounds.

I set them up on my laptop, then manually changed them all to special in the settings.xml file in C:\Users\willi\Desktop\Kodi Versions Folders\KodiSilvio\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeon.nox.silvo :-

However when I view the background settings in Kodi they still point to my C: drive:-

All looks OK on my laptop, but when I transfer build to android box no backgrounds :-(

Anyone able to advise on how to sort this?
(2019-07-12, 21:06)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-07-12, 19:44)Wombat18 Wrote: Here are both files.
First, I started the stream from a widget and there is no name in the bottom left corner in the Video OSD. Secondly, I started the stream from the DAZN directory on the main menu and there is the name in the bottom left corner in the Video OSD.

https://paste.kodi.tv/bedohuhone.kodi
https://paste.kodi.tv/ohuzosonad.kodi

Are the two streams supposed to be identical i.e. the same exact video when played?

I am not seeing any issues on the skin side but the add-on seems to be playing differently depending on how it is launched.

The first one is:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.dazn/?id=1m70pkayf20yz1kugfz74fl02n&verify_age=False&params=5a7tly9x4v3ibdo88nypcjuqy&mode=play&title=Madagaskar+-+Tunesien+%28Highlights%29

Then the second one is:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.dazn/?id=1mdoxl7767i451m5vopn791m7u&verify_age=False&params=5a7tly9x4v3ibdo88nypcjuqy&mode=play&title=Madagaskar+-+Tunesien

They have different id= alphanumeric characters and the first stream is appended with +%28Highlights%29

I have no knowledge of inputstream or how video add-ons work so the id= could be randomly generated but the appended part seems like it should not be there. The skin doesn't provide that info the add-on does.

Have you asked in the DAZN thread?

Do you know if the same thing happens when playing from a Widget in another skin?     
Sorry, the id is the same. I did not play the same file twice, it was a different one. Then, I checked the id myself and the id is identical both ways.
I've tried Embuary (Leia) and there is exactly the same behavior. The file name is missing when starting from the widget. When I start from the addon directly, it is there.
I think it is not an addon issue, because Zattoo widgets have the exact same behavior, so it is not just the DAZN addon. Maybe it is an general issue in Kodi when you have direct internet streams from addons as widgets. I can not explain it otherwise.
On the other side, Sky Go has not this problem.
(2019-07-13, 13:22)Jayabs Wrote: Actually if I put original kodi estuary skin the widget does have the correct value (title is displayed) that's why I thought it was a skin issue.

Can you please post a screenshot of this working in Estuary?

(2019-07-15, 04:29)sniferx1 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO Want to report a small possible BUG.

Issue:
When in the Movies Rating VIEW, all the movies with same ratings with different votes not sorted as per the IMDB Ratings. This causing Movies with IMDB Ratings to display in below order #1, #2, #3, #4, #6, #7, #5.

More Investigation Notes and expected user experience:
All I am asking here is to way to display IMDB Movies in one order so I can have a look Ratings Ascending or Depending. Another possible solution is to give users 2nd Sorting method for movies end up in same Ratings but with different votes and IMDB Movies rankings.

I did play around with this to get Fixed by running and updating ratings via utility and formal Light IMDB Update utility but view order remain unsorted.

Hope a solution can be provided for this issue....

Not 100% sure what you mean here but it is not a BUG if you are talking about sorting by rating and then the list is sorted by rating.

Skin does not control this at all and there is nothing I can do to change Kodi core functionality.

Now if you want it sorted by Top 250 then you have to do that and not sort by rating Wink

You need to either use the skins built in Top 250 playlist in the extras folder or create your own Top 250 smart playlist:
xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Top 250</name>
<match>all</match>
<group>none</group>
<rule field="top250" operator="isnot">0</rule>
<order direction="ascending">top250</order>
</smartplaylist>

On the other hand if you are asking to sort by rating where the movie with the most votes have priority then that is beyond what the skin can accomplish.

(2019-07-15, 18:48)Hoosier205 Wrote: Ahhh, interesting! Thanks for the info. I have about 4,000 and all of them are just the title and year of release in the folder and file name. Not renaming them all lol!

There is no Kodi core support for knowing when a Dolby True HD track is Atmos or if a DTS-HD track is DTS-X. It has to be done by filename until Kodi knows the difference. When it does I will make it work without checking the filename but until then it is this way or no icons can be shown for Atmos or DTS-X.

Code:
atmos, dolby atmos, dolby-atmos, or dolby.atmos
For the Atmos logo to appear.

Or

Code:
dtsx or dts-x
For the DTS-X logo.

(2019-07-16, 00:58)Aceofclubs#316 Wrote: I have a question about how your skin works with the new 4k firestick, I have a intro video and there for some reason is no sound when it loads up any ideas how this can be fixed.

If you are asking me why your intro video, that is not my intro video, has no sound then I don't see how I could possibly know that... Confused

(2019-07-16, 07:58)Jeffers24 Wrote: Is it possible to change the intro video, without modifying the skin?

Don't want to change the skin, then have it changed back when skin update is released/installed

No but if you want to Mod the skin then you could use a program like SmartGit to mod the skin and then rebase your changes over any updates pushed to the repository.

Changing the video is pretty easy but you will have to keep a copy of the video and replace the skins extras/intro.mp4 file every update and just change the animation time on line #41 in Startup.xml to match the video if it is not ~12 seconds long.

<animation effect="fade" end="100" time="17100">Focus</animation>

(2019-07-16, 16:49)Jeffers24 Wrote: I am having a problem with my backgrounds.

I set them up on my laptop, then manually changed them all to special in the settings.xml file in C:\Users\willi\Desktop\Kodi Versions Folders\KodiSilvio\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeon.nox.silvo :-

However when I view the background settings in Kodi they still point to my C: drive:-

All looks OK on my laptop, but when I transfer build to android box no backgrounds :-(

Skin settings, mostly, have very little to do with the Main Menu. If you do not want to set it up manually for other Kodi installations then you need to include the addon_data/script.skin.shortcuts folder contents.

(2019-07-16, 18:24)Wombat18 Wrote: Sorry, the id is the same. I did not play the same file twice, it was a different one. Then, I checked the id myself and the id is identical both ways.
I've tried Embuary (Leia) and there is exactly the same behavior. The file name is missing when starting from the widget. When I start from the addon directly, it is there.
I think it is not an addon issue, because Zattoo widgets have the exact same behavior, so it is not just the DAZN addon. Maybe it is an general issue in Kodi when you have direct internet streams from addons as widgets. I can not explain it otherwise.

If the same thing happens in another skin but the Sky Go add-on does work then it is probably an issue with those add-ons. Why would one work and the others not if it wasn't the add-ons?

IMHO OFC Smile
(2019-07-17, 06:29)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-07-16, 16:49)Jeffers24 Wrote:  am having a problem with my backgrounds.

I set them up on my laptop, then manually changed them all to special in the settings.xml file in C:\Users\willi\Desktop\Kodi Versions Folders\KodiSilvio\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeon.nox.silvo :-

Skin settings, mostly, have very little to do with the Main Menu. If you do not want to set it up manually for other Kodi installations then you need to include the addon_data/script.skin.shortcuts folder contents.
(2019-07-16, 18:24)Wombat18 Wrote: Sorry, the id is the same. I did not play the same file twice, it was a different one. Then, I checked the id myself and the id is identical both ways.

If the same thing happens in another skin but the Sky Go add-on does work then it is probably an issue with those add-ons. Why would one work and the others not if it wasn't the add-ons?

IMHO OFC Smile  

Mike,

I may not have explained my issue correctly, I do not wish to change the skin, I only wish to change the path to the backgrounds to special.

My backgrounds are in a folder in the userdata folder called 'Backgrounds'.

I modified all the background paths in settings.xml to special, see screen shot, but the skin appears to ignore these and retains the C:\ paths to my backgrounds.

If the background paths are not stored/used in the settings.xml file where are they stored in your skin?

"If you do not want to set it up manually for other Kodi installations then you need to include the addon_data/script.skin.shortcuts folder contents."

When I move my build from windows laptop to android box I copy the complete Appdata\Roaming\Kodi folder, which includes the script.skin.shortcuts folder

I looked in every file in the script.skin.shortcuts folder and no background paths were stored there.

I may have done something wrong, I don't see how your skin associates a specific background to a main menu item in the shot below.

@mikeSiLVO 

Mike, I set up a source in file manager which allowed me to set the background paths on my laptop to special.

When I moved my build from windows to android all good.

I still don't understand why manually changing the background paths to special in skin settings.xml file didn't work in your skin.

Thanks for your time

(2019-07-17, 06:29)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-07-13, 13:22)Jayabs Wrote: frfActually if I put original kodi estuary skin the widget does have the correct value (title is displayed) that's why I thought it was a skin issue

Hey @mikeSiLVO, you can see on the picture below that under the channel name you have the correct title displayed (description is not available on this skin widget).
Let me know if you need more information. (thanks for still looking at this)

(2019-07-17, 10:37)Jeffers24 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO 

Mike, I set up a source in file manager which allowed me to set the background paths on my laptop to special.

When I moved my build from windows to android all good.

I still don't understand why manually changing the background paths to special in skin settings.xml file didn't work in your skin.

Thanks for your time

As I said previously, the skin settings do not control many aspects of the main menu. Skin Shortcuts handles all of that and due to the fact that the Main Menu includes are built "on the fly" by the script none of the options like backgrounds or other custom home menu items are saved to that file. I am not even sure why there is a setting added to there for you to modify in the first place unless some script is automatically adding them like skin helper or one of the other helper scripts. So yeah the solution is what you did but modifying the skins settings.xml file won't work unless I go back to the way OG Aeon Nox 5 handles the Main Menu, which I may do considering nobody has been around to maintain Skin Shortcuts in a while...

(2019-07-18, 14:25)Jayabs Wrote: Hey @mikeSiLVO, you can see on the picture below that under the channel name you have the correct title displayed (description is not available on this skin widget).
Let me know if you need more information. (thanks for still looking at this)

Ok taking a look at the Estuary code I think I may have a fix for this but if you could test it out and let me know that would be great. It is available on Git for Leia and Matrix (master branch) or you can download the Variables_Widgets.xml file and replace that in the skins 16x9 folder.
Hey @mikeSiLVO,

Some months ago I was trying to get the DTSX and ATMOS flags working but didn't have any luck. Just a quick thank you for your efforts!

I noticed the other day that the media flags are working just as they were before with Kodi17 and previous version of the skin. My files already included dtsx or atmos in the filenames so I didn't have to do anything additional.

T.J.
  • 576(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55