• 618(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2019-10-20, 23:03)monisriz Wrote: One way could be how it's done in Lowlist view for seasons. Basically remove the text based network/studio label from the episode lowlist view and add the icon at the bottom/floor. This will also fill up the empty space at the bottom in episode/lowlist view. I would definitely not suggest removing the thumb. Even shrinking the thumb won't be a fool proof solution as network names can vary in length and one can never be sure of this length. Plus there's tons of space on the floor below the thumb/plot which is not being used currently.
Screenshot

You must be using some of them no-no add-ons, that would explain why your screenshots are always cropped Wink

Library items for episodes in LowList have the same mediaflags as the movies do so not gonna change that.

Unless you have a different idea there is only those 3 options that I originally gave you Nod
(2019-10-21, 20:40)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-10-20, 23:03)monisriz Wrote: One way could be how it's done in Lowlist view for seasons. Basically remove the text based network/studio label from the episode lowlist view and add the icon at the bottom/floor. This will also fill up the empty space at the bottom in episode/lowlist view. I would definitely not suggest removing the thumb. Even shrinking the thumb won't be a fool proof solution as network names can vary in length and one can never be sure of this length. Plus there's tons of space on the floor below the thumb/plot which is not being used currently.
Screenshot

You must be using some of them no-no add-ons, that would explain why your screenshots are always cropped Wink

Library items for episodes in LowList have the same mediaflags as the movies do so not gonna change that.

Unless you have a different idea there is only those 3 options that I originally gave you Nod 
That's a bit of a leap and honestly a tad offensive - "must be".. really??

No I do not have any addons outside of what's in Kodi's repo, Artwork Beef and LightIMDB Ratings. The reason for cropping the screenshot is to better focus on the issue being discussed rather than pointing out where the issue lies in the screenshot. In future I can upload full sized screenshots if that's the better way to do it.

And you are right, the media flags are definitely there on the floor for episodes in Lowlist view. I was testing with dummy files/source earlier so that explains why I saw "empty space at the bottom in episode/lowlist view".

As for this issue, below are a few suggestions:

1. make the middle part (episode title / watched checkbox area) a bit narrower and giving more width to the right panel (aired date, network, genre, thumb). I understand that there can't be a surefire way of doing this but adding a bit more width will increase the likelihood that the network name is fully displayed.

2. remove the network/studio text label and add it to the icons at the bottom (aspect ratio, resolution, audio-channels, etc.) like it is in Seasons view for Lowlist (the supposedly incriminating screenshot earlier lol).

3. instead of displaying studio name as text, use the icon in its place if the icon is available. Otherwise use text.

Having said all that, I must say that I haven't tested any of those scenarios myself and have no idea whether they are possible or not because of some limitations - technical or otherwise.

Regarding the three options you suggested earlier - please don't remove the thumb.

As always, thank you for the great work and the hours you invest in this project.
(2019-10-22, 19:10)monisriz Wrote: That's a bit of a leap and honestly a tad offensive - "must be".. really??

No I do not have any addons outside of what's in Kodi's repo, Artwork Beef and LightIMDB Ratings. The reason for cropping the screenshot is to better focus on the issue being discussed rather than pointing out where the issue lies in the screenshot. In future I can upload full sized screenshots if that's the better way to do it.

And you are right, the media flags are definitely there on the floor for episodes in Lowlist view. I was testing with dummy files/source earlier so that explains why I saw "empty space at the bottom in episode/lowlist view".

1. make the middle part (episode title / watched checkbox area) a bit narrower and giving more width to the right panel (aired date, network, genre, thumb). I understand that there can't be a surefire way of doing this but adding a bit more width will increase the likelihood that the network name is fully displayed.

2. remove the network/studio text label and add it to the icons at the bottom (aspect ratio, resolution, audio-channels, etc.) like it is in Seasons view for Lowlist (the supposedly incriminating screenshot earlier lol).

3. instead of displaying studio name as text, use the icon in its place if the icon is available. Otherwise use text.

Having said all that, I must say that I haven't tested any of those scenarios myself and have no idea whether they are possible or not because of some limitations - technical or otherwise.

Regarding the three options you suggested earlier - please don't remove the thumb.

As always, thank you for the great work and the hours you invest in this project.

Well unless you are new to these forums and haven't noticed. It's not a leap, at all. In fact it can mostly be assumed that is the case when certain things happen.
Certain things like cropped screenshots and missing mediaflags can be some of them. Sorry if you feel offended but I get annoyed with that crap and don't like to waste my time on issues that are caused by the usage of those add-ons.

Why are you testing the skin with dummy/empty files and reporting issues? That seems like a recipe for inaccuracies, e.g. like not seeing any mediaflags.

Back to the issue at hand. I don't really want to have to change everything around just to not truncate networks when there is always the possibility of there being too long of a name regardless of any things I try...
So how bout we adjust spacing and push the Network name below the thumb and slide the plot down a smidge?

(2019-10-23, 18:09)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-10-22, 19:10)monisriz Wrote: That's a bit of a leap and honestly a tad offensive - "must be".. really??

Well unless you are new to these forums and haven't noticed. It's not a leap, at all. In fact it can mostly be assumed that is the case when certain things happen.
Certain things like cropped screenshots and missing mediaflags can be some of them. Sorry if you feel offended but I get annoyed with that crap and don't like to waste my time on issues that are caused by the usage of those add-ons.

Why are you testing the skin with dummy/empty files and reporting issues? That seems like a recipe for inaccuracies, e.g. like not seeing any mediaflags.

Back to the issue at hand. I don't really want to have to change everything around just to not truncate networks when there is always the possibility of there being too long of a name regardless of any things I try...
So how bout we adjust spacing and push the Network name below the thumb and slide the plot down a smidge?

That change looks good I think. Thanks for the quick turn around.

As for dummy sources/files, I was using these dummy sources/files because I was in the middle of testing a few bugs in MediaElch (scrapping, nfo files, etc.) and didn't want to mess around with actual files/library. During that testing I read your post and remembered the mental note I had made earlier about this long studio name issue. Hope this explanation would suffice Smile
(2019-10-23, 21:49)monisriz Wrote: That change looks good I think. Thanks for the quick turn around.

As for dummy sources/files, I was using these dummy sources/files because I was in the middle of testing a few bugs in MediaElch (scrapping, nfo files, etc.) and didn't want to mess around with actual files/library. During that testing I read your post and remembered the mental note I had made earlier about this long studio name issue. Hope this explanation would suffice Smile

I forgot about the smaller list option so I had to shrink the thumb but it wasn't a true 16x9 resolution before and now it will be so images will not get stretched anymore.

Including 1.33:1 aspect ratio.

That's gonna have to work cause it makes the most sense and I just want to push the skin, wait for/fix any bugs, and then take a little break.
(2019-10-24, 00:43)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-10-23, 21:49)monisriz Wrote: That change looks good I think. Thanks for the quick turn around.

I forgot about the smaller list option so I had to shrink the thumb but it wasn't a true 16x9 resolution before and now it will be so images will not get stretched anymore.

Including 1.33:1 aspect ratio.

That's gonna have to work cause it makes the most sense and I just want to push the skin, wait for/fix any bugs, and then take a little break.

Looks good! Thanks
Wink 
Hi Mike,

first of all congratulations on what for me is the best skin since years for Kodi Big Grin ! Thanks for all the hard work you are putting into this.

Skin works like a charm on Win10-PC and NVIDIA Shield so far. Got a Zidoo Player (Based on Android 7, official Kodi 18.4 version installed and also ZDMC Kodi 18.3 Zidoo adapted version isntalled) recently and of course your skin is used again.

Unfortunately what I am not able to achieve anymore is 4K covers to show up. 3D Bluray and Bluray all work.

I have both UHD and 4K in the file names everywhere, Kodi media info is also showing everything correctly like resolution, audio, subs etc.

e.g.: Dark Phoenix 2019.2160p.Bluray.UHD.4K.HDR.mkv

As I said on other platforms 4K covers show up with same skin settings.

Any idea what I need to do to get this going?

THanks
Dark Phoenix 2019.2160p.Bluray.UHD.4K.HDR.mkv

Your naming looks bit confused. Why would you name it Bluray and 4k? I guess the skin is just picking the first flag it reads, which is bluray in this case.

What happens when you remove the Bluray flag?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi,

well Bluray is for the "bluray" icon to appear which is what I want and 4k is for 4k flag. Has worked like a charm for years now on every skin so far, even as I aid with Silvo but not on this device.

If I change the file name and get rid of Bluray then the Bluray disc icon also disappears and is being replaceed in my case by HEVC icon. So that is fine.
@mikeSiLVO Not sure if this is something on just my end or a glitch. I was disabling the use of script.grab.fanart to test how the skin does. I was changing backgrounds for a few items (TV SHows, Movies, Music) and notice I have duplicate choice for music. Wasn't sure if one was meant for music and one for music videos (I don't use music videos) or if I have something com-bobbled. The first one works as it should, the second one doesn't give me a background on "music" (but if it is meant for music videos, that's probably why)

Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes
(2019-10-25, 09:43)Pino72 Wrote: Hi Mike,

first of all congratulations on what for me is the best skin since years for Kodi Big Grin ! Thanks for all the hard work you are putting into this.

Skin works like a charm on Win10-PC and NVIDIA Shield so far. Got a Zidoo Player (Based on Android 7, official Kodi 18.4 version installed and also ZDMC Kodi 18.3 Zidoo adapted version isntalled) recently and of course your skin is used again.

Unfortunately what I am not able to achieve anymore is 4K covers to show up. 3D Bluray and Bluray all work.

I have both UHD and 4K in the file names everywhere, Kodi media info is also showing everything correctly like resolution, audio, subs etc.

e.g.: Dark Phoenix 2019.2160p.Bluray.UHD.4K.HDR.mkv

As I said on other platforms 4K covers show up with same skin settings.

Any idea what I need to do to get this going?

THanks

To show 4K cases the skin uses the video resolution but can be overridden by filename for certain content like WEB-DL HD-DVD, SDTV, or HDTV.

xml:

<variable name="GlobalCaseVar">
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,season)">tvseries.png</value>
<value condition="ListItem.IsCollection">set.png</value>
<value condition="ListItem.IsStereoscopic">3d.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,hddvd)">hddvd.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,hdtv) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,hd tv)">hdtv.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,sdtv) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,sd tv)">sdtv.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,webdl) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,web-dl) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,webtv) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,web-tv) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,webrip)">webdl.png</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.VideoResolution)">$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution]p.png</value>
<value>trailers.png</value>
</variable>

Kodi should return 4K as resolution but just in case I also have 2160p cases HERE and HERE.

EDIT: On second thought this might be a case sensitive issue. Will test on my kids LibreELEC system...
EDIT 2: If using repo version of skin then textures are bundled in XBT file so it will work but if using GitHub version there might be a case sensitive issue regarding the 4K cases.

If you see the 4K icon for resolution in the library mediaflags then the case should work cause it uses the same metadata to display both.

(2019-10-25, 13:32)Wanderer189 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO Not sure if this is something on just my end or a glitch. I was disabling the use of script.grab.fanart to test how the skin does. I was changing backgrounds for a few items (TV SHows, Movies, Music) and notice I have duplicate choice for music. Wasn't sure if one was meant for music and one for music videos (I don't use music videos) or if I have something com-bobbled. The first one works as it should, the second one doesn't give me a background on "music" (but if it is meant for music videos, that's probably why)

Is wrong name, bottom one is Music Videos. Will fix Smile
(2019-10-25, 11:56)Pino72 Wrote: Hi,

well Bluray is for the "bluray" icon to appear which is what I want and 4k is for 4k flag. Has worked like a charm for years now on every skin so far, even as I aid with Silvo but not on this device.

If I change the file name and get rid of Bluray then the Bluray disc icon also disappears and is being replaceed in my case by HEVC icon. So that is fine.

Yes BluRay in filename will override the source icon in certain situations for those that prefer media type over codec info.

xml:

<variable name="SourceFlagVar">
<value condition="ListItem.IsStereoscopic">bluray3d.png</value>
<value condition="[String.Contains(ListItem.filename,pdtv) | String.Contains(ListItem.filename,sdtv) | String.Contains(ListItem.filename,sd tv)]">sdtv.png</value>
<value condition="[String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,hdtv) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,hd tv)]">hdtv.png</value>
<value condition="[String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,hddvd) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,hd-dvd)]">hddvd.png</value>
<value condition="[String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,bluray) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,blu-ray) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,bdrip) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,brrip) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.FileExtension,bdmv)]">bluray.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,dvb)">dvb.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,web-dl) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,webdl) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,webrip)">web-dl.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,dvd) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.FileExtension,iso) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.FileExtension,ifo)">dvd.png</value>
<value>$INFO[ListItem.VideoCodec,,.png]</value>
</variable>
hi @mikeSiLVO  I don't know if this is a bug:
Selecting a playlist as a background for a menu, it shows fanarts in alphabetical order. So, you see the same fanart every time you access to each menu. No random fanarts anymore.
Is it the normal behavior?
Kodi 18.4
Silvo 7.0.8
(2019-10-26, 18:26)Milkado Wrote: hi @mikeSiLVO  I don't know if this is a bug:
Selecting a playlist as a background for a menu, it shows fanarts in alphabetical order. So, you see the same fanart every time you access to each menu. No random fanarts anymore.
Is it the normal behavior?
Kodi 18.4
Silvo 7.0.8

Playlists adhere to the rules of the playlist so make the order random and then the fanart will follow.
Not sure if others have experienced the same thing but ever since switching to The Movie DB scraper for TV Shows I have some entries that don't populate info from script.tv.show.next.aired.

I made some adjustments to the script and added using the unique id instead of it currently using the imdbnumber which seems to pull the first unique id in numerical order after the actual imdb # in the MyVideos db unique id table. That made it so the tmdb id was listed first and used for lookup so then the next aired info would be empty.

If anybody wants to try it out and let me know if it works and/or fixes any issues you can download it HERE.
  • 618(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55