• 669(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Hey, longtime kodi and silvo user.  Just wanted to let you know, I installed Kodi 19 tonight and installed and switched to AN: Silvo.  It gives a skin shortcut error when it tries to switch to the home screen and build the shortcuts.  It loops in this error and you are unable to perform any action or switch back.  The only fix is to force quit, uninstall Kodi entirely including the public folder, then reinstall.

I can provide more debug/ss detail tomorrow, but I have a feeling I wont be the only one getting this problem.  Hope the heads up helps, I'll be going back to 18.9 until this gets resolved, thanks!
(2021-02-20, 14:18)rewind206 Wrote: Hey, longtime kodi and silvo user.  Just wanted to let you know, I installed Kodi 19 tonight and installed and switched to AN: Silvo.  It gives a skin shortcut error when it tries to switch to the home screen and build the shortcuts.  It loops in this error and you are unable to perform any action or switch back.  The only fix is to force quit, uninstall Kodi entirely including the public folder, then reinstall.

I can provide more debug/ss detail tomorrow, but I have a feeling I wont be the only one getting this problem.  Hope the heads up helps, I'll be going back to 18.9 until this gets resolved, thanks!
Thanks for the warning, will hold off for a bit.  Was this a fresh install or an update over an existing Leia build? What os?
Widget Thumbnails Missing.

Running a MySQL Server and have followed the recommendations of clearing the thumbnails folder from the new system and copying it from the original working system along with Textures13.db.

Everything is working as far as the MySQL system is concerned. All systems see the DB and can access the files listed.

All the movies & TV have thumbnails but widgets on the home screen do not show any thumbnails. Highlighting the Movie or TV shows the correct meta and also shows the thumbnail next to the meta but the base widget images are not showing.

I have run the texturecache.py script and it said it found issues but I don't see any difference at all. I've seen this on two different boxes, one x86 one Pi4b.

Is there some kind of secondary cache that widgets use that I would need to clear in order for these to start working?
(2021-02-20, 14:18)rewind206 Wrote: Hey, longtime kodi and silvo user.  Just wanted to let you know, I installed Kodi 19 tonight and installed and switched to AN: Silvo.  It gives a skin shortcut error when it tries to switch to the home screen and build the shortcuts.  It loops in this error and you are unable to perform any action or switch back.  The only fix is to force quit, uninstall Kodi entirely including the public folder, then reinstall.

Thank you for the warning.
major updates (and especially this one) always require a lot of caution
On that issue rewind 206, someone on Reddit suggested "Delete gui_settings.xml from appdata" would fix that problem.  Maybe someone could report back if this works or not.

HERE
(2021-02-22, 01:22)Thomfam Wrote: On that issue rewind 206, someone on Reddit suggested "Delete gui_settings.xml from appdata" would fix that problem.  Maybe someone could report back if this works or not.
No, that won't fix the problem. If it is "Building Menus" then it will be a script.shortcuts issue. This is used by many skins to create the new menu items in addition to the standard Kodi ones.

Try deleting the script.shortcuts data. In Windows it is located here... C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts

Be aware if you may also delete menu items for other skins you may also use. Estuary in not affected by this.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@mikeSiLVO:
In the "MyFlix" view, if i press down twice i can quickly navigate from letter to letter, which is a very nice function to "fast travel" between entries in large libraries.
Pretty please with sugar on top - could that be added to the view "RighList"? :*

I use that for music/artists, and right now, my thumb hurts if i have to scroll through ~11.000 artists...
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc

Will need debug logs please. Skin Shortcuts has it's own debugging option in its settings as well.

(2021-02-22, 17:48)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: @mikeSiLVO:
In the "MyFlix" view, if i press down twice i can quickly navigate from letter to letter, which is a very nice function to "fast travel" between entries in large libraries.
Pretty please with sugar on top - could that be added to the view "RighList"? :*

I use that for music/artists, and right now, my thumb hurts if i have to scroll through ~11.000 artists...

I will look into adding this.
FYI, I'm just getting back from some major events going on, like a big move to a new house and a few other things. I am only working on the Matrix version (Kodi v19) and I am behind on some changes I did due to losing some unpushed work to GitHub Sad

If any bugs not fixed are still in the skin on GitHub let me know so I can push an update ASAP Cool Nod

Thank You!
I'm really liking Aeon Nox SiLVO. I had to look for a new skin for Matrix, and the customization options are really great!

Just wondering though, is there a way to change the color of the font so it's less bright? I watch in a dark room and it's only an issue when I'm watching an HDR video and I pull up the OSD. The arrows and lettering there can be too bright for me.

Thanks!
I installed Matrix on my Android tablet last night and noticed right away the main menu bar has an issue where, I think, it's the 3rd menu item locking the bar to that selection. I can't enter addons or weather or anything else. The menu bar will slide through the options on it but selecting an item from it isn't functioning. i.e. sliding from System to Movies works but I can't select movies. Mouse does work but doesn't when trying to make the selection. Used to be I could tap it to open it once in was focused on it.

If I can find some sort of screen capture for video on the tablet I'll make a video if you like...

I don't know if a debug log would show any error as nothing is happening but glad to supply one if wanted.
(2021-02-22, 23:52)mikeSiLVO Wrote: If any bugs not fixed are still in the skin on GitHub let me know so I can push an update ASAP

In the list of Add-on Status, you have script.artwork.beef listed, but it does not exist for v19. Also script.grab.fanart which does nothing when clicking on it to install. I guess it is no longer needed?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hey there,

Just started using this skin in the latest (stable) build of Kodi and I'm absolutely loving it, but there is one strange thing I came across in my usage, it would seem "cdart" isn't being used on the animated disc when playing music. I did a checked and sure enough cdart is being picked up in kodi itself, just not being used by the skin for some reason. Any assistance on this would very much be appreciated, thanks. ^^
(2021-02-22, 17:48)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: @mikeSiLVO:

+1 i use right list all over, would love that feature :-)
@mikeSiLVO the library data provider addon needs to be updated for matrix.
I always get an error when returning to the homescreen.

Very easy to reproduce.

Just reboot and when finished booting you get an error.
  • 669(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55