Posting 'Freak'
So I noticed that, due to the number of posts I've made, I'm now considered a posting 'freak'. I don't particularly want to be that guy, and I do understand that the term is meant as tongue in cheek, but would you guys consider changing this label, or at least giving us the option in our profile settings to change it (to something like "Regular poster" maybe)?

In my day job I deal with people with learning difficulties, who regularly receive stigma due to their conditions and have been known to walk down the street and be called 'Freaks' - it seems wrong when part of my day job is helping to combat such things, to then come onto a forum and be called a freak myself Smile

Thanks for your consideration of the suggestion (and I really do get that its tongue in cheek, so if its not something you want to change, then thats absolutely fine.)
You could always become a "donor" Wink
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
You think my job pays that much Tongue

Genuinely, though, I donate to local charities that are close to my heart. For Kodi, I'd like to think I've given at least something (however small) back with the scripts I've contributed to - and I've done that not least because I DO want to give something back - but my cash donations will stay local. Sorry.
that's ok, and I agree with your request.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sure, I can change it to whatever you want. I threw up "Posting enthusiast" for now, but feel free to suggest anything else.

As for the default for all users, I don't really feel strongly about it. Maybe one of our forum admins might give their opinion on it.
Love it! Thank you Smile
I'm not familiar with your scripting work, but if it's relatively significant you could join the skilled scripters group.
(2014-11-29, 22:36)Unfledged Wrote: Love it! Thank you Smile

Unfledged likes it so I probably shouldn't comment. But how about "Posting Expert" along the lines of the new levels of user ability found within Gotham and above Big Grin
(2014-11-30, 02:27)natethomas Wrote: I'm not familiar with your scripting work, but if it's relatively significant you could join the skilled scripters group.

I wouldn't class it as significant at all - whilst I'm happy to contribute to Kodi as best I can within my limitations, I program primary for myself but am happy to make available my efforts to anyone who may be interested. But for your information, my primary scripts/contributions:

script.skinshortcuts - used by a small number of skins to provide completely customisable home menu systems
plugin.program.video.node.editor - ability to edit custom video nodes within Kodi
script.watchlist - used by the reFocus skin to provide watchlist functionality
service.library.data.provider - largely re-arranged BigNoid's code a couple of times, primarily to try and improve performance

and of course I'm still supporting those script as best as I can and still scripting, with a script for Hitcher's upcoming fTV skin to provide the absolute list index of a container and focus the next unwatched episode of a tv series, and (with details coming in the next couple of days, assuming I can get the last development issues worked out) a WIP smart(ish) widget system, which tries to predict what you'll want to watch at any given time based on your previous habits.

Having said all of that, I'm not sure it's possible to be skilled at anything, and still be Unfledged Wink

(2014-11-30, 02:34)steeb Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 22:36)Unfledged Wrote: Love it! Thank you Smile

Unfledged likes it so I probably shouldn't comment. But how about "Posting Expert" along the lines of the new levels of user ability found within Gotham and above Big Grin

Same problem. You can't be an expert and Unfledged Tongue
Quote:You can't be an expert and Unfledged Tongue

Well you are certainly NOT Unfledged around here Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Posting 'Freak'0