Req Parental Control - Possible Bounty?
+1!
Because tags work with TV shows, the pin control also controls TV shows.

I am away for a few days but on the weekend will make arrangements to share the addon
Thanks FrankMM. I agree that this add-on should be mainlined. As more and more people go down the path of media centres the more demand for this there will be.

Thanks again.
Hi FrankMM

Any chance to put the addon up?

Thanks

Harl
Bumping this back up in case FrankMM sees it...
+1, would like to have this.
Did anyone ever here back from Frank? I have family with kids that come for a weekend visit every 2 or 3 months and I really hate the idea of reorganizing my library for such a rare need. The other option I don't like is doing something that I can catch with advanced settings to exclude movies and shows from scan on certain FTVs. Adding tags seems like a better way to go.
Unfortunately no. FrankMM seems to have disappeared.

Hi All,

I have been working an a new security based addon PinSentry, this addon will allow you to set a pin code that you can then force to be input when you play particular video files. It is still in the early stages (and will eventually be submitted to the official repo), but if anyone wanted to give it a go and supply (constructive) feedback then there is a beta at the following location:

https://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/rel...-0.0.3.zip
Update: See below for Beta 0.0.3

So you'll first need to go to settings and select your pin, then enable which videos you want the pin to be displayed for (Either via setting, Programs->PinSenty or Videos->Addons->PinSentry)

Features still on the todo list:
  • Time Span for when a pin is required
  • Different Pins for different priorities (one a subset of the next)
  • Setting for a Group/Movie Set
  • Settings for given Video Plugins
  • Option to have the pin requested during navigation (i.e. selecting a TV Show)
  • Restrictions based on certificate/classification
  • Remember the pin after it has been entered once (Forget after screensaver starts)
  • Option to have different passwords without the numbers (Remote with no numbers?)

Please note this is still in the early stages (although I think what is there is pretty reliable) - so the Internal DB format may still change before release - so do't go configuring everything on your system as the Plugin Settings may be reset when it then gets published to the official repo.

If people are interested then please post and I'll post new betas as I add the new features.

This is designed to be used with Master Lock in order to protect your settings. (Otherwise anyone can just remove your pin)

Thanks
Rob

P.S. My favourite bounty:

EDIT: IF YOU CHANGE ANY SETTINGS YOU WILL NEED TO RESTART KODI FOR THEM TO BE PICKED UP
Hi Rob,

I'm definitely in and happy to be a test bunny. I'm at work now but will have it installed as soon as I'm home

Thanks

Kye
Nice!
Mhh what is the difference between the red and the blue bounty? *impresssed*

Also any reason why you need to restart on settings change? I think there might be a callback for settingschange which you could evaluate no?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-05-28, 10:51)Memphiz Wrote: Mhh what is the difference between the red and the blue bounty? *impresssed*

Red one is plain chocolate! Blush

(2015-05-28, 10:51)Memphiz Wrote: Also any reason why you need to restart on settings change? I think there might be a callback for settingschange which you could evaluate no?

I hadn't implemented that behaviour at the time of posting the beta - the current dev source has the required change in that means you don't have to restart to pick up the changes Big Grin

Rob
Hi All,

Another beta (0.0.2):

https://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/rel...-0.0.2.zip

In addition to the 0.0.1 beta it now has:

Code:
- Allow pin to only be active during a particular time of day
- Prevent the need to restart after settings change
- Remember the pin after it has been entered once (Forget after screensaver starts)
- Support DVD image directory playing
- Prompt for pin if navigating into a TvShow that is protected

Thanks
Rob
Hi All,

Another day, and another beta (0.0.3)

https://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/rel...-0.0.3.zip

New additions include since beta 0.0.2

Code:
- Add option to select pins for movie sets (Automatically sets Movies in the set)
- Movie Set Pin Prompt Navigation Support
- Add option to restrict access to video plugins

NOTE: PinSentry DB Clean required if you used an earlier beta (There is an option from the PinSentry Settings)

Thanks

Rob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Parental Control - Possible Bounty?0