No resume for recently added items
Something was lost in the move to RC's, and that its the ability to resume or start from the beginning of a movie or a tv show that is in the recently added screen on the home screen in confluence. It was there in the betas, at least if i go back to one from the 26th of November it is. but as soon as i reinstall a RC, the feature is gone and it always plays items from the beginning.
Not sure why this is gone, but i can reproduce it overtime just by reinstalling a different version so i can only assume it is nothing in my settings? I am thinking it must be hardcoded in the program itself?
If any one can shed some light on this i would appreciate it.
Just for the record I have gone to settings, video, file lists and changing the default select action has no effect on my recently added items on the home screen in confluence.
Thanks
Same for me. When I moved from last beta to RC 1 it started to happen.
nice to know I'm not the only one. thought i was going a little crazy or something.
Same problem here.
Only thing I can say is that a couple of times it seemed like an auto-resume point was not being saved when a video is stopped. We know by default it won't be saved for the first 180 secs or last 10%, but was making sure I was not in that case. But it isn't easy for me to replicate this. Most of the time the auto-resume was saved. What I can say is that IF an auto-resume point is saved, in Confluence skin I get the option to resume from recently added or anywhere else.

scott s.
Maybe someone can tell me why this happens...

1. Lets say for example go to file view, play a movie for 13:35.
2. Then start that same movie from the Recently Added home screen menu and it will prompt you to start at 13:35. All good right?
3. Now watch that movie for another 5 minutes or so and stop it.
4. Start that same movie from the recently added menu again and what do you see?

One would think you should be prompted to start at 18:35, given that you watched 5 more minutes right?
Not so, it prompts me to resume at 13:35, my initial resume point that was saved while watching from file view.
One can only assume then that resume points are not being saved or updated from the recently added view.
Everything is OK for me in last RC
I ditched the RC3 tried out the nightlies on android as of yesterday (kodi-20141213-88f9fb0-master-armeabi-v7a.apk) and have the exact same issue of not being able to resume recently added. I too can conclude that if the movie is playing from the recents, it does not write to the db.

I have also tested the same scenario that when playing the movie from the file list the resume saves and when playing the movie from recent, the resume will pop up but wont save the additional time played, thus showing the original save time of resume that was done from the file list.

This gets me to conclude that the recent playback does not store anything to the movie database.

Is this a known bug as I don't see it in the trac
http://trac.kodi.tv/report/1
(2014-12-04, 06:29)cabrio Wrote: Something was lost in the move to RC's, and that its the ability to resume or start from the beginning of a movie or a tv show that is in the recently added screen on the home screen in confluence. It was there in the betas, at least if i go back to one from the 26th of November it is. but as soon as i reinstall a RC, the feature is gone and it always plays items from the beginning.
Not sure why this is gone, but i can reproduce it overtime just by reinstalling a different version so i can only assume it is nothing in my settings? I am thinking it must be hardcoded in the program itself?
If any one can shed some light on this i would appreciate it.
Just for the record I have gone to settings, video, file lists and changing the default select action has no effect on my recently added items on the home screen in confluence.
Thanks

Based on your post mentioning that on 26th it was working, I went back to 28th on the nightlies and the problem is not there. Guess will stay there till this gets sorted.
It might work on some of the releases after the 26th, as the 26th release is what i had handy, but it definitely stops working on the RC's.
For the record, I have tried on both my MacBook Pro OS 10.10.2 and Windows 7 SP1 and can confirm the problem occurs only after i install the nightly from the 29th. So everything up to and including the 28th all work fine. After I install the 29th Nightly the problem of not writing the stop/save point to the db of the movie/tv show from the recent items on the home screen occurs.
@cabrio thanks. By determining the exact build where the problem first appeared I was able produce a fix easily (sorry, my fault! :-)).
(If you're curious, it's caused by a patch to fix a different issue: 5842 (PR))
I am glad i could help. Usually when there is a problem on my system, it is usually isolated to mine and mine alone. I was glad(somewhat) to see that others were having the problem, and it is(or will be) addressed.
Thanks to everyone involved!
(2014-12-16, 05:38)menakite Wrote: @cabrio thanks. By determining the exact build where the problem first appeared I was able produce a fix easily (sorry, my fault! :-)).
(If you're curious, it's caused by a patch to fix a different issue: 5842 (PR))

Has this been fixed in the nightlies? Should I try it out. I use the android version.
i tried one from this morning on my macbook and issue is still there, but i pm'd menakite to see if he could tell me when...awaiting his response.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No resume for recently added items0