No resume for recently added items
Seems like this has spawned in to something I didn't really intend it too. Is it a critical bug? Absolutely not. Is it a PITA for someone who has used it for a few years now? Absolutely. It's like using your DVD or Blu-Ray player for a few years, and every time you stop a movie halfway through and come back to watch it, it starts where you left off...but one day, someone at head office of the place that manufactures said device decides to push a new firmware. Now when you come to pick up your DVD or Blu-Ray where you left off, it starts over, and now you have to remember where you left off. Now that's a pain in the A$$. If it doesn't get fixed, I can still use it, but I will be sticking to a version from November 28(14.0 Beta 5) where all was good.
Still not fixed in 15 alpha 1...just in case anyone was wondering.
No its not because the fix hasnt been merged, and like its been said there seems to be some disagreement on the proposed fix.
Actually, Martijn said "no agreement". I'm not aware of someone disagreeing, at least I wasn't notified as they didn't comment on the PR.
I think we're just waiting for someone who's an expert in that area to ACK it. It seems that one is Montellese - I'm sure it's on his radar.

A win32 test build might ensure no further regressions are introduced, though.
My concern here is we don't head down the Plex route where the focus is totally on new features and bug fixing becomes not even secondary but a millionthary concern ;-)
OK Guys, the only way we can help to speed up the process is to test it.
NedScott was so kind to provide us with a Helix windows build with PR containing the possible fix.
I suggest we all test this solution very carefully and report back.

How and what should you test?

Test the following things with the Helix final (or nightly build) first and then with the build you can download in the link at the bottom.
  • STATUS - watched status for widgets
  • STATUS - watched status for recently added
  • STATUS - watched status for movies or tv show via main library view
  • STATUS - resume for widgets
  • STATUS - resume for recently added
  • STATUS - resume for movies or tv show via main library view
  • STATUS - resume song playback
  • STATUS - resume album playback
  • STATUS - resume playlist playback

So you need to post two lists: one with the statuses FAILED / PASSED for every item when testing you current setup with Helix without the fix and one with the fix.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...x-5842.exe
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
I am downloading it now, and will inform you thusly.

I have to ask probably what will turn out to be a "dumb" question I'm sure. Now, call me lazy but i searched a little bit and can't really seem to figure out what a widget is exactly. I want to test this properly, so if some could give me a 10 second instruction in how i invoke a movie or tv show or music from a "widget" i will get to it.
Thanks tiriptik for supplying a possible solution..although untested yet
(2015-01-09, 16:59)cabrio Wrote: I am downloading it now, and will inform you thusly.

I have to ask probably what will turn out to be a "dumb" question I'm sure. Now, call me lazy but i searched a little bit and can't really seem to figure out what a widget is exactly. I want to test this properly, so if some could give me a 10 second instruction in how i invoke a movie or tv show or music from a "widget" i will get to it.
Thanks tiriptik for supplying a possible solution..although untested yet

Widget: movie shortcuts on your homescreen.
Confluence skin is using its own implementation getting a list of recently added movies and showinh them on the homescreen. Most other skins are using the service widgets addon for this.
It appears as though you might have done it!!!

KODI Final Release Results...
Confluence/Don't use? - watched status for widgets
Failed - watched status for recently added
Passed - watched status for movies or tv show via main library view
Failed - resume for recently added
Passed - resume for movies or tv show via main library view
I don't use Kodi for music so i cannot share my results on that
STATUS - resume song playback
STATUS - resume album playback
STATUS - resume playlist playback

KodiSetup-20141229-8b400c7-recentlyadded-fix-5842
Passed - watched status for recently added
Passed - watched status for movies or tv show via main library view
Passed - resume for recently added
Passed - resume for movies or tv show via main library view
I don't use Kodi for music so i cannot share my results on that
STATUS - resume song playback
STATUS - resume album playback
STATUS - resume playlist playback

Anything else i need to run through?

How do we get that used to other formats?

Just for FYI, i use a windows, mac, openelec(x64) and openelec on Raspberry Pi also...yes all 4 i do use.

Thanks so much!
Not my fix :-) Thank Mr. anaconda for the fix.

NedScott provided us with the build:
Quote:There are builds for all platforms if other people want to test with Win, OS X, Android, or iOS. Just look for "Helix-fix-5842-testing" in the respective OS folder for http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/
well, my thanks to Mr. anaconda then.
Testing feedback and follow up now in this thread please. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1886398
I'm using OpenElec and still suffering. Absolutely ridiculous that I can't resume after starting something from a widget. Laughable that such a glaring error was allowed to make its way in 14.0.

I don't suppose there's any way I can fix it myself? I had a look over at OE's cluttered forums and couldn't see a thread....
Just so everyone knows. This problem has been fixed in 14.1 update. All versions that I have tested include OS X, Windows and OpenElec.
Thanks to all involved.
Hey all,

This issue is not fixed on 14.1 or 14.2 for Android.

Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No resume for recently added items0