Solved Titan skin - Touchscreen support
(2014-12-17, 19:33)mgonzales Wrote: Propose the addition to list of Kodi Command menu presets available for skin shortcuts to include:

ToggleDebug

OR..... Even better yet (or addition to) add the ability to add a "custom command" under Custom Power Menu Options... (Or where ever menu customization is available really)

Added both the icon and custom action to the skin.
thanks
(2014-12-17, 14:43)mgonzales Wrote: I like the 16:9 aspect but like you said - where it doesn't make sense or look good following the natural inclination of the artwork is best or at the least give the option with the default view to be towards appearance of the specific artwork in proper context.

With skins I think as a rule less is better with options so long as the ones available make the best sense.

You are going a great job so far IMHO - once helix goes release I bet you will be one of if not the top skin used outside confluence.

Already your touch additions are so far ahead of what I've seen from other skin attempts in the past.

Eventually I would love to see a nice theme option with a "graphite" tone to it - chromatically I think the blues and grays are the most visually appealing with GUI's designed for TV viewing - the contrast of the darker tones allows for readability at a distance and compatibility with most artwork.

Another addition for the future might be a larger font choice for distance viewing on TVs

Thanks for the feedback! I do my best in creating a flexible user-friendly skin. Off course it's a matter of personal taste if people like it.

1) What do you mean by a theme option with graphite tone ? Isn't that where the overlays are meant for ? or do you mean something else ?

2) added extra large font option to the skin

btw: please do next requests in the feature :-)
(2014-12-17, 10:53)Simograndi Wrote: Yep, but also show cover art instead of artist image Wink

fixed in new beta... now uploading to the repo

(2014-12-17, 01:08)Simograndi Wrote: Just tried and works great! (PS. love the % inside the circle) I have found maybe one only bug: scroll doesn't work inside left panel for options, and also touching out of it doesn't close it but selects clicked item below. I know this isn't the right post but could you let user use posters and album arts for wigets for movies/tv shows and music? expecially for albums the artist image isn't good when you have many albums sided of the same artist... (I use artwork downloader and organizer)

I found a way to close the sidepanels when you touch outside of it.
Also fixed the scrool and restyled the sideblades a bit more
Well done! options panel now is perfect, and also widgets looks exactly like I intended Smile I have only noticed that when switching to another one, the artist image in 16:9 is shown some millisecond before refresh with new content, and when I came to home having selected music before, I see movies widgets cutted square... Maybe this needs to be improved. And I remembered last 2 issues for me I hope:

1) a general slow refresh rate for posters in complex view like poster row: It's more visible on surface and nexus 7 (I think generally medium low hardware), It tooks a while before all images are loaded (they are already into cache, with other skins and views are instant) and most of all if I scroll a few fast a random one is used for all of them until loaded. How is managed cache here?

2) timer and stop timer icons are the same as shutdown... Can you use different icons for them? or if you haven't proper ones please send me the current power button icon and I'll edit as needed but remaining in style Wink
(2014-12-18, 02:06)Simograndi Wrote: 2) timer and stop timer icons are the same as shutdown... Can you use different icons for them? or if you haven't proper ones please send me the current power button icon and I'll edit as needed but remaining in style Wink

Marcel,

I'll draw you up a couple icons if you like tonight and post here or PM them to you.

Glad to help out if you like Smile

Mario
(2014-12-18, 04:11)mgonzales Wrote: Marcel,

I'll draw you up a couple icons if you like tonight and post here or PM them to you.

Glad to help out if you like Smile

Mario
That would be great, thanks!
For you and anyone else to use as they like:

shutdown-timer

cancel-timer

Enjoy!! :-)

Mario
Marcel,

Here is an alternate shutdown timer icon I drew but was on the fence about - I will let you decide which you like and use

Enjoy and thanks

Mario
(2014-12-18, 08:58)mgonzales Wrote: For you and anyone else to use as they like:

shutdown-timer

cancel-timer

Enjoy!! :-)

Mario

Awesome icons! Wink
Thanks for the icons Mario!
Added to the skin.

Nice to see that the skin is getting better by contributions of the community!
You're welcome - thanks for the awesome skin :-)

Are we still at 3.2.10 for the beta?
(2014-12-22, 09:39)mgonzales Wrote: You're welcome - thanks for the awesome skin :-)

Are we still at 3.2.10 for the beta?

Version 3.2.11 has been pushed to stable...
So, currently the beta and the stable are the same.
Hi, today I've updated the skin on my touch devices, and I've seen that flags are replaced with touch buttons. Is there a way to see them also? In addiction I've some troubles with submenu in home: if I set them to auto show I can't hide them and use touch buttons, or on the countrary how to show them up?
(2014-12-29, 21:19)Simograndi Wrote: Hi, today I've updated the skin on my touch devices, and I've seen that flags are replaced with touch buttons. Is there a way to see them also? In addiction I've some troubles with submenu in home: if I set them to auto show I can't hide them and use touch buttons, or on the countrary how to show them up?

Yeah, that has everything to do with limited space, especially on touch devices.
Instead of the flags the touchcontrols are displayed.

As for the submenu "auto show"; that isn't a very good combination also because of the touchcontrols.
This reminds me to maybe disable that option when touch is enabled.

Or do you (or someone else) have any suggestions where to leave the touchcontrols so that the usual stuff (flags and submenu's) can sgill be displayed there and it still looks nice ?

What I can do is just move it a bit when the touch controls are active but that's no solution for the submenu (or move that too)
I think that you could move the logo left and put flags between it and ratings, so that you can use the same bar for all views.

Anyway I've found a bug maybe, it happens on both my devices: even if I disabled the auto show for submenu it still happens, or better when I click eg. movies tile, it opens submenu and not content, and then seen that submenu doesn't hide it's a mess to use the touch buttons...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin - Touchscreen support1