• 56(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
Hi Braz,

Really like the skin, something different from what I'm used to. One thing I can't work out is how to get fanart in the background of the home screen (like other skins I use). I've looked in the skin settings and can only find background jpg's. I'd rather have the fanart changing when I navigate the menu.

Thanks again,

Craig
(2015-11-20, 23:21)lippo Wrote: Hi Braz,

Really like the skin, something different from what I'm used to. One thing I can't work out is how to get fanart in the background of the home screen (like other skins I use). I've looked in the skin settings and can only find background jpg's. I'd rather have the fanart changing when I navigate the menu.

Thanks again,

Craig
It's been a long, long time since I've used the Helix version of this skin. If I remember correctly, you should be able to setup the backgrounds in the main menu customizer. There should also be a skin setting to set the default background for each section.
Hi Braz,

Thanks for the quick reply. I had already tried to use the settings you mention, but without success. It's only cosmetic so not a deal breaker. BTW, what's the latest version of Mimic? I thought I was using it.

Craig
You posted in the Mimic 1.x thread, so I assumed you were using that version. Latest is 3.x for Jarvis.

All of the options are there in the skin settings.
Cheers Braz, thanks for your help.
How do create custom widget i favored it but when I select in custom path nothing happens anyone can help I would appreciate it
Has anyone found this skin to run a bit slow on the Rpi2? Is this a config error or simply down to the fact the Rpi2 is now pretty slow compared to some modern devices?

I'm using 15.2... doh.
I loved mimic, but under Jarvis (Kodi 16.0) I cannot find FAVORITES. For me this is a deal breaker-- how do I display it in the main menu, as it used to be?
Thanks
(2016-02-25, 13:23)venik212 Wrote: I loved mimic, but under Jarvis (Kodi 16.0) I cannot find FAVORITES. For me this is a deal breaker-- how do I display it in the main menu, as it used to be?
Thanks
FYI, you've posted in an old thread for Mimic 1.x.

Go to Skin Settings > Home window > Setup menus and widgets. Then add a new item and point it's action to Favorites.
Hi! I'm using this addon because I think it is amazing, the best I've ever tried.
I'm using ADvanced Launcher Addon for emulation but there are no view types availables, only list view.
I think maybe it is related with the addon but since it is no longer maintained I wonder if someone can tell me an start point to achieve this, I will love wall or bigwall view in my emulators and roms, just like in my movies/tv shows...

thanks in advance!
(2016-03-27, 01:13)bite_your_idols Wrote: Hi! I'm using this addon because I think it is amazing, the best I've ever tried.
I'm using ADvanced Launcher Addon for emulation but there are no view types availables, only list view.
I think maybe it is related with the addon but since it is no longer maintained I wonder if someone can tell me an start point to achieve this, I will love wall or bigwall view in my emulators and roms, just like in my movies/tv shows...

thanks in advance!
Not sure about 1.x, but 3.x has thumbnail view also available.
(2016-03-27, 02:59)braz Wrote:
(2016-03-27, 01:13)bite_your_idols Wrote: Hi! I'm using this addon because I think it is amazing, the best I've ever tried.

thanks in advance!
Not sure about 1.x, but 3.x has thumbnail view also available.

sorry I'm using 2.x LOL... I posted in wrong thread... I can't install 3.x because I use Kodi 15.
What I wonder is if it is something I can fix editing or tweaking the addon or the skin...

UPDATE: I update openelec so I can update mimic to 3.x. As you said there is an icon view for everything and it is just what I wanted for consoles/computers menu in AdvancedLauncher, but it would be awesome to get bigwall view for game lists with cover artworks... maybe in mimic 4.x or 5.x with kodi 17 or 18 when retroplayer will be integrated...

thanks!
double post
Beautiful work creating Mimic, but I'd like to ask how to navigate the Music menu without the "back" arrow in the lower right corner next to a "home" button in the default / Confluence skin?
(2016-07-24, 03:05)m2c2 Wrote: Beautiful work creating Mimic, but I'd like to ask how to navigate the Music menu without the "back" arrow in the lower right corner next to a "home" button in the default / Confluence skin?
Sounds like you must be using a mouse? If so, press the right mouse button to go back. Otherwise, press the backspace key on your keyboard or back button on your remote. Or if you're using a tablet, you'll have to use Android's back button to go back. This skin isn't really designed for touch, though it works somewhat.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9