• 10(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
(2014-12-22, 18:07)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-21, 15:20)asagala Wrote:
(2014-12-21, 07:10)bryanbrazil Wrote: Still not seeing it here. Have you tried other skins, and does it only happen in Mimic? Do you get wrong fanart in all three windows (Movies, TV Shows, Music)?

Only happens in Mimic. Using Aeon mq as well and all is good.
Do you have the extended info script installed? Another user reported a similar problem, see

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=1867647

No i dont have the addon installed. Like I mentionned previously the fanart works with aeon mq and others
(2014-12-24, 20:27)Frank-NL Wrote: Sounds fair enough. Does the lag not happen on Nox? I was using that until my previous post in this topic and I didn't see transition issues. But I must say I didn't use the music section and the Nox widgets are much simpler.

Thanks for your swift reply and merry Christmas Smile

The Nox 5 widgets are completely different, they just display one item (persistently). One still has to press up to get the widget list.

You can see what it would be like by commenting out the animations on lines 179-180 of IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml.
@bryan
Yesterday morning I updated from git and noticed that the show info is missing when opening LiveTV epg guide.

Merry Christmas Wink
(2014-12-25, 04:14)schumi2004 Wrote: @bryan
Yesterday morning I updated from git and noticed that the show info is missing when opening LiveTV epg guide.

Merry Christmas Wink

All the channel info displays fine on my system with NPVR. Try checking your pvr backend, its likely not a skin issue as I haven't touched LiveTV in quite a while. Merry Christmas to you too!
any chance of an option to turn off coverflow in the showcase view?
(2014-12-25, 23:32)karandras24 Wrote: any chance of an option to turn off coverflow in the showcase view?
No plans for an option. What would that look like, Shift view but with the focused poster in the middle?
(2014-12-26, 02:25)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-25, 23:32)karandras24 Wrote: any chance of an option to turn off coverflow in the showcase view?
No plans for an option. What would that look like, Shift view but with the focused poster in the middle?

Pretty much,

Here's nox 4's showcase view with coverflow turned off.

imho it's the best view type and coverflow ruins the look of it.
been using this skin as my main one for almost a month and it's a really awesome skin, thanks for making it :3

some feature requests/suggestions:
script.watchlist support: this was one of the best features of refocus, would be nice to see it on mimic.
more 'black' color options: black-orange, black-green, etc. (been using black-red for some time and it really looks good)
some options are missing on the submenu item customizer, like library nodes: actors, tags, years, genres, etc.
option to disable 'show info' when paused.

thanks for listening
Is it possible to always show the widgets on the main menu?
(2014-12-25, 06:31)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-25, 04:14)schumi2004 Wrote: @bryan

Merry Christmas Wink

All the channel info displays fine on my system with NPVR. Try checking your pvr backend, its likely not a skin issue as I haven't touched LiveTV in quite a while. Merry Christmas to you too!
Your right, suddenly it works again.
I do have something else I found.
When in library view and your browsing your movies/series all the plots displayed are in English, when I open INFO window for some items it is in my foreign language. Any idea?
(2014-12-27, 18:24)schumi2004 Wrote: Your right, suddenly it works again.
When in library view and your browsing your movies/series all the plots displayed are in English, when I open INFO window for some items it is in my foreign language. Any idea?

Doesn't sound like a skin issue. Have you tried refreshing one of the problem movies to see if rescraping it fixes the problem?
(2014-12-27, 19:03)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 18:24)schumi2004 Wrote: Your right, suddenly it works again.

Doesn't sound like a skin issue. Have you tried refreshing one of the problem movies to see if rescraping it fixes the problem?
Rescraping doesn't make a difference. I switched to confluence and there it's as expected, in both movie view and info window plot in my language except in mimic.
Hi bryanbrazil. Thanks for this skin, now that I've upgraded to kodi it's my current skin, very nice and clean.

I've also been looking at your mod of reFocus, and I have to say that I like better the clock + weather info from that skin, i.e. without a background color bar and using a simbolic icon for the weather. Do you think that could be added to mimic?
(2014-12-27, 19:50)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 19:03)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 18:24)schumi2004 Wrote: When in library view and your browsing your movies/series all the plots displayed are in English, when I open INFO window for some items it is in my foreign language. Any idea?

Rescraping doesn't make a difference. I switched to confluence and there it's as expected, in both movie view and info window plot in my language except in mimic.

I'm away from a computer, but here's my best guess. Mimic displays plot and outline, and maybe Confluence only uses plot. Plot is translated in your language, while outline is not.

If you switch to Aeon Nox, I'm betting it will have the same issue. I think there is a skin setting to switch the order of plot/outline, not sure if one of the choices is to display plot everywhere.

I'll look into it more when I get back from holiday.

(2014-12-27, 21:30)javiermon Wrote: Hi bryanbrazil. Thanks for this skin, now that I've upgraded to kodi it's my current skin, very nice and clean.

I've also been looking at your mod of reFocus, and I have to say that I like better the clock + weather info from that skin, i.e. without a background color bar and using a simbolic icon for the weather. Do you think that could be added to mimic?
I like the refocus clock/weather too, but don't think it will work here. The topbar is also used for infolines, paging, etc. Will likely leave as-is.
Added an alternative font set, Encode Sans. Available now on git, please let me know if you see any spacing issues.

• 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9