• 15(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
Thanks for the seek-bar update, and again for this awesome skin.

Which font are you using by default? I like it a lot.

+1
(2015-01-02, 02:02)jsn9000 Wrote: Is it possible to include the progress bar (and thus the end time) in the info dialog, or are there overlap issues with the seekbar you can't work around? Personally, I prefer to see the end time on the info dialog instead of the seekbar, but if the seekbar could simply be combined with the info dialog, then that would work too. Right now the seekbar does not appear at all when I click the info [i] key.
(2015-01-02, 02:02)jsn9000 Wrote: Is it possible to include the progress bar (and thus the end time) in the info dialog, or are there overlap issues with the seekbar you can't work around? Personally, I prefer to see the end time on the info dialog instead of the seekbar, but if the seekbar could simply be combined with the info dialog, then that would work too. Right now the seekbar does not appear at all when I click the info [i] key.

The seekbar can be displayed in the info dialog, I just chose not to. Didn't make much sense to include the seekbar when there is no way to seek, no player controls, etc. If you want to display it, you can copy/paste the progress controls from DialogSeekBar.xml to DialogFullScreenInfo.xml.

(2015-01-02, 02:33)desperado77 Wrote: Thanks for the seek-bar update, and again for this awesome skin.

Which font are you using by default? I like it a lot.

+1

It's called Webly Sleek, it's the same font used in reFocus.
(2015-01-02, 02:49)bryanbrazil Wrote: The seekbar can be displayed in the info dialog, I just chose not to. Didn't make much sense to include the seekbar when there is no way to seek, no player controls, etc.
I disagree, even though you can't change its position, it still tells you where you are in the file which is useful info. I generally use it to see how much time is left in the movie, or to look at the end time. Confluence uses it in both dialogs.
This is easily my fav skin for Helix, nice job!

Two quick questions.

1. I may be overlooking something obvious, but I enabled fanart and chose "Random Fanart" for all screens in the Setup Background Images menu. My fanart is not showing up on the home screen though, I still see the default picture for what looks like 3 cd's no matter what. I have media with fanart scraped into the database, and I've also tried selecting a folder of fanart images with the Multi-Background Image setting. No luck there either.

2. How does the update process work? I installed this via the repo in Kodi, but noticed its 1.0.1, and 1.0.2 is on your git page. Do I have to update manually or will that eventually make it's way to the repo for update?

Thanks!
(2015-01-02, 03:26)jsn9000 Wrote:
(2015-01-02, 02:49)bryanbrazil Wrote: The seekbar can be displayed in the info dialog, I just chose not to. Didn't make much sense to include the seekbar when there is no way to seek, no player controls, etc.
I disagree, even though you can't change its position, it still tells you where you are in the file which is useful info. I generally use it to see how much time is left in the movie, or to look at the end time. Confluence uses it in both dialogs.

Try it again, I added the seekbars back to video info. Also fixed the visibility of the upper info bar for Live TV. And fixed the transitions between seekbar and fullscreen info.
(2015-01-02, 04:07)lzep Wrote: This is easily my fav skin for Helix, nice job!

Two quick questions.

1. I may be overlooking something obvious, but I enabled fanart and chose "Random Fanart" for all screens in the Setup Background Images menu. My fanart is not showing up on the home screen though, I still see the default picture for what looks like 3 cd's no matter what. I have media with fanart scraped into the database, and I've also tried selecting a folder of fanart images with the Multi-Background Image setting. No luck there either.

2. How does the update process work? I installed this via the repo in Kodi, but noticed its 1.0.1, and 1.0.2 is on your git page. Do I have to update manually or will that eventually make it's way to the repo for update?

Thanks!

Thanks!

1. Did you set the background for each of your main menu items? The home screen fanart is set in the main menu customizer. It sounds like you may have just set the general background images, which will show up when you're inside the sections.

2. The recent changes in version 1.02 are only available on the github page and would need to be installed manually. Or you can wait about a week when I submit version 1.02 to the repo.
@bryanbrazil

Any plans to implement Cinema Experience?
First of all, great skin! I usually install reFocus directly when using XBMC/Kodi, but since it is not available at the moment for Kodi, I reverted to this skin. Still liking it, so great job!

Second, there is one thing I miss. And that is that, when watching a video, the info screen it doesn't say when the video is finished (reFocus example). It's just a minor annoyance, but still, I miss it. Smile

Third: I would make the top bar, when entering a section (say Movies) where it states the time and the number of items transparent. Just for a cleaner look. [edit] Skimmed the thread, already requested before, not going to change. Bummer. Wink

Fourth: Keep up the work! Nod
Fanstastic skin!

Only one problem so far:
If have added in a submenu this "ActivateWindow(10025,special://skin/playlists/HDMovies.xsp,return)" as userdefined action, but it doesnt work
If I use "Video - Playlist" instead it works well. Can anyone confirm this?

Greetings
Kaloschke
(2015-01-02, 11:46)schumi2004 Wrote: @bryanbrazil

Any plans to implement Cinema Experience?

I don't use cinema experience, so someone would have to create a mod for that...

(2015-01-02, 14:33)r3v0ss Wrote: First of all, great skin! I usually install reFocus directly when using XBMC/Kodi, but since it is not available at the moment for Kodi, I reverted to this skin. Still liking it, so great job!

Second, there is one thing I miss. And that is that, when watching a video, the info screen it doesn't say when the video is finished (reFocus example). It's just a minor annoyance, but still, I miss it. Smile

Third: I would make the top bar, when entering a section (say Movies) where it states the time and the number of items transparent. Just for a cleaner look. [edit] Skimmed the thread, already requested before, not going to change. Bummer. Wink

Fourth: Keep up the work! Nod

Thanks! The seek bar in the next version will have the current time and the end time.

To remove the topbar, you would need to search for all the image controls that have "<colordiffuse>topbar</colordiffuse>" and delete them.

(2015-01-02, 15:43)kaloschke Wrote: Fanstastic skin!

Only one problem so far:
If have added in a submenu this "ActivateWindow(10025,special://skin/playlists/HDMovies.xsp,return)" as userdefined action, but it doesnt work
If I use "Video - Playlist" instead it works well. Can anyone confirm this?

Greetings
Kaloschke

It should be "ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,special://profile/playlists/video/HDMovies.xsp,return)". But why not just use the submenu customizer to choose the playlist, that would be much easier.
(2015-01-02, 04:20)bryanbrazil Wrote: Try it again, I added the seekbars back to video info. Also fixed the visibility of the upper info bar for Live TV. And fixed the transitions between seekbar and fullscreen info.

Perfect!
Thank you very much. That works.

Maybe, i'm blind, but in the submenu customizer I can't see an item "playlist" but only "favorites"
(2015-01-02, 20:04)kaloschke Wrote: Thank you very much. That works.

Maybe, i'm blind, but in the submenu customizer I can't see an item "playlist" but only "favorites"

Press the Type button to cycle through the available options for the submenu source.
(2015-01-01, 07:10)patseguin Wrote: I hope you don't mind just a little criticism bryan. I absolutely love the work you did on Mimic. However, I am not a huge fan of flat UI's. Is it possible to maybe add a them that has maybe a little more pleasing look to the menus for Movies, TV Shows, etc.? Even if not 3D, maybe some kind of gradient to make it look a little cooler?

Here's just a very basic idea. I understand though if it goes against your vision of the skin. There's just something about the flat 1 color box that just seems to need something.

Ok, if anyone is graphically inclined, I made a few changes to the skin on github to allow for changes to the main menu. I tried a few variations with gradients, etc, but didn't like them. Maybe others will have more luck.

Main menu background:

filename: mainmenu.png
size: 1920px x 120px

Main menu focused item:

filename: mainmenu_fo.png
size: 740px x 120px

Just drop your images in the media folder and refresh the skin to test. If anyone creates some that work well, I'll include them in the skin as additional themes.
Quick question: Any way of changing the main menu so it isn't all uppercase? I thought changing the label name in settings would do it, but was wrong.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9