• 17(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
Wife and would love it if we could have more than 6 rows on the EPG..like..10. There is a lot of extra space around the epg. Any thoughts how that could be done?
(2015-01-04, 17:45)goblygoop Wrote: Wife and would love it if we could have more than 6 rows on the EPG..like..10. There is a lot of extra space around the epg. Any thoughts how that could be done?
The next version will have 7 rows, I've already updated the EPG on git. Someone would have to mod it to have 10 though, as I prefer the look/visibility of the larger rows.
(2015-01-04, 17:06)Jocatheo Wrote: Hello,

Is someone using this skin with a raspberry pi? If so, what is the best setup in raspberry pi and in the skin so that it can run smoothly?
I've got a raspberry pi b+ with openelec 5.0.0, that is connected through HDMI to my SamsungTV, my media is on a couple of MyBookLive NAS, and I access them through WIFI (TP-LINK WR-841N router).

I like this skin much more than confluence...

Thanks Smile
This skin won't run smoothly in my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 too. I think for these animations needs much more graphics power than cheap ARM GPU-s have.
(2015-01-04, 19:49)djstallion Wrote:

Is someone using this skin with a raspberry pi? If so, what is the best setup in raspberry pi and in the skin so that it can run smoothly?
I've got a raspberry pi b+ with openelec 5.0.0, that is connected through HDMI to my SamsungTV, my media is on a couple of MyBookLive NAS, and I access them through WIFI (TP-LINK WR-841N router).

Thanks Smile
This skin won't run smoothly in my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 too. I think for these animations needs much more graphics power than cheap ARM GPU-s have.
Which parts have the most lag? Does Aeon Nox 5 exhibit the same issues? I don't see any performance issues on my Nexus 5.
(2015-01-04, 20:06)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 19:49)djstallion Wrote:

Thanks Smile
Which parts have the most lag? Does Aeon Nox 5 exhibit the same issues? I don't see any performance issues on my Nexus 5.
I will test later with Aeon Nox 5 and will give feedback to You.
I'm a sucker for pretty things so I'd like to dedicate my first post to you. Smile

Simple, elegant, beautiful flat design. I love it!
The best by far. I tried all skins in the official repo and I found no other contender. Not even close, which is kind of worrying in itself.

I really like the Black-Red/Blue color theme. I believe the Black-"Insert Color" variations are a tad sexier. Smile
Also, I agree with this suggestion about the weather icons.

(2015-01-01, 15:15)djstallion Wrote: Here is little tip for the top bar weather icons: https://github.com/erikflowers/weather-icons

My setup:

(2015-01-04, 21:16)paps79 Wrote: I'm a sucker for pretty things so I'd like to dedicate my first post to you. Smile

Simple, elegant, beautiful flat design. I love it!
The best by far. I tried all skins in the official repo and I found no other contender. Not even close, which is kind of worrying in itself.

I really like the Black-Red/Blue color theme. I believe the Black-"Insert Color" variations are a tad sexier. Smile
Also, I agree with this suggestion about the weather icons.

(2015-01-01, 15:15)djstallion Wrote: Here is little tip for the top bar weather icons: https://github.com/erikflowers/weather-icons

Thanks, glad you like it. Reminds me, I plan to add a few more black themes.

The only way I would add the weather icons is if I replaced all the weather icons, and I don't see that happening. Looks like it would be a lot of work, and I don't dislike the current icons. If someone wants to submit a patch for the flat weather icons, I'll consider it.
Bryanbrazil, my mistake, I tested another skin with Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and this was very laggy. Mimic and Aeon Nox 5 are running very smoothly with this tablet. Altough Rasberry Pi's GPU is weaker than my tablet one.
(2015-01-04, 23:09)djstallion Wrote: Bryanbrazil, my mistake, I tested another skin with Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and this was very laggy. Mimic and Aeon Nox 5 are running very smoothly with this tablet. Altough Rasberry Pi's GPU is weaker than my tablet one.

Good to hear! Smile
(2015-01-04, 20:36)djstallion Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 20:06)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 19:49)djstallion Wrote: This skin won't run smoothly in my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 too. I think for these animations needs much more graphics power than cheap ARM GPU-s have.
I will test later with Aeon Nox 5 and will give feedback to You.

My question about the raspberry pi was because I've noticed some minor lag when browsing the media files when in "showcase view". And if the "skin info service" script is enabled, for the info in the movie sets, the lag is even bigger... it takes somes seconds to display the info of the movie set in the showcase view.

Does this have something to do with the size of the library? I've got almost 1000 movies and 100 series, and some other media files.

Other than that, I've not noticed any other problem with the skin, so far.

It was for that reason that I asked if someone was using this skin with a raspberry pi, and if so, what should be the best setup to run this skin smoothly, because I really like this skin.

Thanks anyway
I really like the skin and it's awesome features. I was wondering how tough would it be to go vertical with the main menu?
Great skin!

I just have a few feature requests. I'm hoping these aren't a pain to implement.

1. Toggle hide/show sub menu on home screen.
2. Toggle hide/show widgets on home screen.
3. Toggle hide/show top bar in library.
4. When accessing a widget force to beginning of list, so that the focus always lands on the first item in the list. Right now it focuses the list to the next item from the last item i was on when i exited the widget. An example would be I access Recently Added Movies widget navigate around, see whats new, then exit the widget. I now go to the Recently Added TV Shows widget, and instead of the widget showing me the beginning of this list it shows me where i left off navigationally on the last widget. It would be nice if every widget, every access, showed the beginning of its associated list. If memory serves me, I think what I'm describing is default in other skins. Maybe an option between the two for those who like it the way it is.

Great skin and many thanks for all your time.
@Jocatheo

You can use texturecache script from MilhouseVH to re-cache artworks.
https://github.com/MilhouseVH/texturecache.py

And you can also overclock it a bit if its not already done.
(2015-01-05, 00:55)desperado77 Wrote: @Jocatheo

You can use texturecache script from MilhouseVH to re-cache artworks.
https://github.com/MilhouseVH/texturecache.py

And you can also overclock it a bit if its not already done.

Thanks, I´ll give it a try Smile
(2015-01-05, 00:29)Jocatheo Wrote: Does this have something to do with the size of the library? I've got almost 1000 movies and 100 series, and some other media files.

Other than that, I've not noticed any other problem with the skin, so far.

It was for that reason that I asked if someone was using this skin with a raspberry pi, and if so, what should be the best setup to run this skin smoothly, because I really like this skin.

Thanks anyway

I've used in on a Pi and, yes, there is a bit of a lag. But there's a lag with any skin on the Pi -- it's not a very fast device! You may experience more of it since the library needs to be loaded into memory in order to be displayed, and the Pi has an even smaller memory footprint than most tablets. This is simply a physical/hardware limitation.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9