• 18(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
(2015-01-05, 00:49)Dojoroda Wrote: I really like the skin and it's awesome features. I was wondering how tough would it be to go vertical with the main menu?

This skin only uses script.skinshortcuts for the submenu, the main menu is handled differently. So I doubt it would be possible to create a vertical menu without redoing the entire menu system.

(2015-01-05, 00:54)Hypnagogic Wrote: Great skin!

I just have a few feature requests. I'm hoping these aren't a pain to implement.

1. Toggle hide/show sub menu on home screen.
2. Toggle hide/show widgets on home screen.
3. Toggle hide/show top bar in library.
4. When accessing a widget force to beginning of list, so that the focus always lands on the first item in the list. Right now it focuses the list to the next item from the last item i was on when i exited the widget. An example would be I access Recently Added Movies widget navigate around, see whats new, then exit the widget. I now go to the Recently Added TV Shows widget, and instead of the widget showing me the beginning of this list it shows me where i left off navigationally on the last widget. It would be nice if every widget, every access, showed the beginning of its associated list. If memory serves me, I think what I'm describing is default in other skins. Maybe an option between the two for those who like it the way it is.

Great skin and many thanks for all your time.

1. No plans to add an option, users can remove the submenu items if they don't want the submenu visible. The submenu background will stay as it helps anchor the main menu to the bottom of the screen.
2. No plans to add an option, users can just not configure any widgets if they don't want them shown.
3. This has already been implemented, will be in the next version. Update: I just noticed you said library. The option will remove it from the home screen, there won't be an option to remove it from the library views.
4. As far as I know, Kodi remembers the list position and this isn't something that skins influence. Will look into this when I have time, though not a high priority for me.

Thanks for your input!
(2015-01-04, 01:19)bryanbrazil Wrote: Hmm, I give up, can't figure out what the issue is. Checked Aeon Nox 5, on which this is based, and it doesn't have the problem. The AN5 progress texture is 30x30 and the progress bar is 270px wide. The Mimic progress texture is 32x32, so I though the issue might be that the texture does not divide evenly into the width of the progress bar. Changed the progress bar width to 288, but the issue remains. I'm open to suggestions.

I won't say I understood what you explained there. But, I don't think its big of an issue.

Thanks for trying,
V
Where and how can I change the color theme?
@bryanbrazil

Seems Cinema Experience is already there

Video Info Dialog, Plus button

/edit:
Looks like it has been disabled/partially removed.
strings.po

msgctxt "#31070"
msgid "Enable Cinema Experience integration"
msgstr ""
(2015-01-05, 10:46)misa Wrote: Where and how can I change the color theme?

System > Appearance > Skin > Colours

Settings Level must be above Basic... Colours shows only in Standard, Advanced or Expert Levels.
(2015-01-05, 15:30)schumi2004 Wrote: @bryanbrazil

/edit:
strings.po

msgctxt "#31070"
msgstr ""

So, does Cinema Experience work correctly from the extras menu? That string is a carryover from Aeon Nox 5 and it isn't used by either skin.
(2015-01-05, 09:24)vab.patel Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 01:19)bryanbrazil Wrote: Hmm, I give up, can't figure out what the issue is. Checked Aeon Nox 5, on which this is based, and it doesn't have the problem. The AN5 progress texture is 30x30 and the progress bar is 270px wide. The Mimic progress texture is 32x32, so I though the issue might be that the texture does not divide evenly into the width of the progress bar. Changed the progress bar width to 288, but the issue remains. I'm open to suggestions.

I won't say I understood what you explained there. But, I don't think its big of an issue.

Thanks for trying,
V

Fixed on git, didn't realize that texturebg and midtexture need a border.
(2015-01-06, 05:54)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-05, 15:30)schumi2004 Wrote: @bryanbrazil

/edit:
strings.po

msgctxt "#31070"
msgstr ""

So, does Cinema Experience work correctly from the extras menu? That string is a carryover from Aeon Nox 5 and it isn't used by either skin.
Yes it works from the extra menu.
I think i'm going to change the default launch behaviour so it will always launch via CE when addon is installed.

I also found out it's a leftover from Nox
@bryanbrazil

been using mimic(renox) a few months.... its just keeps getting better from strength to strength, so just really wanted to show my appreciation! great work !

...really love what you did with the 'Favourites ICON View' (heres the but) ...I find the selected favourite 'Title' in the bottom left hand corner very distracting, my eye naturally follows the highlighted icon whilst also keeping an eye on whats coming next or where I want to go. Would you please consider denoting the title of the selected panel in the panel itself? (instead of hiding it and denoting bottom left) a bolder themed font color may work well. In my opinion it would just bring it altogether nicely (less separated). Fairly sure you originally created it this way and since changed it, so just wanted to request it back... appreciate this might not be your opinion, but also know you take onboard other views.

ps. have you changed the Home menu animation? Just noticed the menu titles seem to move independently of the background colored background stays static... a nice touch works really nice!
Great skin again,

Another suggestion for list view, is there a way to have a medium sized list ?

Thanks
Is there a way to put the current time on the video osd and what time the video will finish (Current time: 9:16 P.M., End time: 9:36 P.M.)?
(2015-01-07, 04:17)radicalonions Wrote: Is there a way to put the current time on the video osd and what time the video will finish (Current time: 9:16 P.M., End time: 9:36 P.M.)?

It's already added in the github version.
So it will be in the next release.
(2015-01-06, 22:20)stueeey Wrote: @bryanbrazil

been using mimic(renox) a few months.... its just keeps getting better from strength to strength, so just really wanted to show my appreciation! great work !

...really love what you did with the 'Favourites ICON View' (heres the but) ...I find the selected favourite 'Title' in the bottom left hand corner very distracting, my eye naturally follows the highlighted icon whilst also keeping an eye on whats coming next or where I want to go. Would you please consider denoting the title of the selected panel in the panel itself? (instead of hiding it and denoting bottom left) a bolder themed font color may work well. In my opinion it would just bring it altogether nicely (less separated). Fairly sure you originally created it this way and since changed it, so just wanted to request it back... appreciate this might not be your opinion, but also know you take onboard other views.

ps. have you changed the Home menu animation? Just noticed the menu titles seem to move independently of the background colored background stays static... a nice touch works really nice!

I agree that the eye doesn't always follow the label in the lower left. I may try making it bigger and/or moving the icon panel further up. Will likely leave the label though, as that is how the Icon views are for videos and music.

I did change the Home menu background, partly because the animation wasn't very smooth on my system and also to facilitate optional menu styles. Not sure if I'm completely satisfied yet, though will likely leave it like this for a while.

(2015-01-07, 00:37)desperado77 Wrote: Great skin again,

Another suggestion for list view, is there a way to have a medium sized list ?

Thanks

Do you mean in addition to the slim list option? Default is 7 rows and slim list is 14. I don't plan to add another list option...someone could always mod one of the existing view to have more or less rows though.

(2015-01-07, 04:17)radicalonions Wrote: Is there a way to put the current time on the video osd and what time the video will finish (Current time: 9:16 P.M., End time: 9:36 P.M.)?

Already implemented on git, will be in the next version.
When I install the master from github, do I get auto updates form this skin? and is it possible to have 1 background image
(2015-01-07, 15:11)misa Wrote: When I install the master from github, do I get auto updates form this skin? and is it possible to have 1 background image
You will need to manually update using the zip from github, or install a git client to pull down the updates. I use SmartGit.

To have one background, just don't set any backgrounds. Then replace backgrounds/default_bg.jpg in the skin folder with your desired background,it will be used everywhere.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9