• 31(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
Just came across this visual inconsistency.

When viewing Concerts (or musicvideos), when bringing up the infoscreen the UI shows a cropped thumb. Looks like a landscape fanart shape. It doesn't show a thumb of the poster like the other video infoscreens do.

Intentional? It looks a little odd compared to movies and tvshows.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2015-01-24, 23:09)TheYetiWakes Wrote:
(2015-01-18, 00:33)bryanbrazil Wrote: Not sure about Linux, I use the TexturePacker.exe. I'll upload the xbt file when I get a chance.

Any update on this or are you holding back until the theme is at a more final stage? Only ask as i've been running into all sorts of hassles trying to compile kodi just to get the texturepacker tool on linux.

I uploaded the White.xbt file, you can find the link in the original white theme post.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1895709

(2015-01-24, 23:18)thrak76 Wrote: Just came across this visual inconsistency.

When viewing Concerts (or musicvideos), when bringing up the infoscreen the UI shows a cropped thumb. Looks like a landscape fanart shape. It doesn't show a thumb of the poster like the other video infoscreens do.

Intentional? It looks a little odd compared to movies and tvshows.

Yeah, music video support is lacking. I'm still not clear on the use case for music videos. I have all my concert videos scraped into the video library as they can all be found in tmdb. I thought the music videos section was for individual music videos that wouldn't have posters, but just extracted screenshots.

After looking at TheAudioDb scraper, it looks like it supports square album thumbs. Is this what you are expecting to see? Or are you using a different scraper?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TheAudioDb....sic_Videos
I don't use the audiodb scraper because it doesn't find anything for me. I'm using MQ's modified tmdb scraper. I've also used the Concert.org scraper as well. MQ's seems to work better for me.
I guess the section supports individual single videos, but i use it only for concerts with musicvideo nfos. This keeps them all out of the movies library without using playlists and such.

I'm expecting the posters, same as rest of the video library. I think a lot of other users use the section for concerts as well.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Quote:I uploaded the White.xbt file, you can find the link in the original white theme post.

Excellent, thanks for this. On a totally different note I just updated from git and I notice pausing video or live tv brings up no screen or info at all now, just pauses playback. Is this now the standard or a bug?
Will take another look at music videos, though won't be able to make everyone happy if some are expecting square album covers and others are expecting movie posters.

(2015-01-24, 23:58)TheYetiWakes Wrote:
Quote:I uploaded the White.xbt file, you can find the link in the original white theme post.

Excellent, thanks for this. On a totally different note I just updated from git and I notice pausing video or live tv brings up no screen or info at all now, just pauses playback. Is this now the standard or a bug?

This is the standard now. All additional info (poster, plot, etc) can be found by pressing "i". It used to be duplicated in both places, but several folks preferred to not have it on the pause screen. There's a discussion about this somewhere in this thread.
(2015-01-24, 23:58)bryanbrazil Wrote: Will take another look at music videos, though won't be able to make everyone happy if some are expecting square album covers and others are expecting movie posters.

Cool. Thanks. Maybe an optional setting to toggle between in the viewtype settings?
(2015-01-24, 23:58)bryanbrazil Wrote: This is the standard now. All additional info (poster, plot, etc) can be found by pressing "i". It used to be duplicated in both places, but several folks preferred to not have it on the pause screen. There's a discussion about this somewhere in this thread.

Oh right, that's a shame but as small quibble really. I agree you don't need all the info that was there before but a small pause icon or progress bar/time would be handy, especially with livetv.

Perversely the info that pops up with 'i' I always thought was excessive. Especially as it looks odd duplicating the channel icon on both the top and bottom bars.
(2015-01-25, 00:13)TheYetiWakes Wrote:
(2015-01-24, 23:58)bryanbrazil Wrote: This is the standard now. All additional info (poster, plot, etc) can be found by pressing "i". It used to be duplicated in both places, but several folks preferred to not have it on the pause screen. There's a discussion about this somewhere in this thread.

Oh right, that's a shame but as small quibble really. I agree you don't need all the info that was there before but a small pause icon or progress bar/time would be handy, especially with livetv.

Perversely the info that pops up with 'i' I always thought was excessive. Especially as it looks odd duplicating the channel icon on both the top and bottom bars.
I see what you're saying, pressing space bar to pause doesn't display the seek bar. If you press enter, then pause, it will show the seek bar, etc. I'll try to make it visible on pause as long as fullscreeninfo isn't visible.

Update: Pushed a fix to git that adds the seek bar back to the pause screen.
One other thing the change has thrown up is when changing between tv channels now there is no channel info displayed to tell you what channel you are on and what program is playing. Its an option under the menu/osd settings in kodi. By default it shows info for a few seconds before disappearing.
(2015-01-25, 01:21)TheYetiWakes Wrote: One other thing the change has thrown up is when changing between tv channels now there is no channel info displayed to tell you what channel you are on and what program is playing. Its an option under the menu/osd settings in kodi. By default it shows info for a few seconds before disappearing.
Probably one of the visibility conditions I removed, will take a look.

Update: Should be fixed on git, let me know if it isn't.
(2015-01-24, 22:18)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-24, 20:11)mac1202 Wrote: Hi, really nice theme, good looking, light on cpu usage but still highly configurable.
I add just a little problem with it, the widget doesn't show until i press the up key and give them the focus. I search everywhere and didn't find an option about it. It is the intended behavior or i had a problem with my setup.

Answered on the previous page, see post #423.

Thank you it worked great.
But this file will probably be overwritten at each theme upgrade, will it be better to add a setting to always display widget as it seem to be a popular request.
As explained several times, there won't be an option until someone creates an animation for it. No one has proposed any code yet. Wink

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid1869417
Ok, maybe you should add information about that on the first post to avoid new people asking the same question.
Another little problem your theme crop the cover of my game in advanced launcher.
two example :
ideally the big picture on the right shouldnt be croped and have the same aspect as the little on the left of the game title.
(2015-01-25, 19:51)mac1202 Wrote: Another little problem your theme crop the cover of my game in advanced launcher.

ideally the big picture on the right shouldnt be croped and have the same aspect as the little on the left of the game title.
I see the code that needs to be fixed, will be a while though as I am away from a computer this week.
The only thing I can report as Issue are the popup notifications are cut at end and sometimes text overflow text field space. "LOADING" is cut at end in Spanish Language "CARGANDO"
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9