• 32(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
(2015-01-25, 22:46)CaBrA Wrote: The only thing I can report as Issue are the popup notifications are cut at end and sometimes text overflow text field space. "LOADING" is cut at end in Spanish Language "CARGANDO"
Are you using Mimic 1.02 from repo or the latest git? I think I fixed this one already.

https://github.com/bryanbrazil/skin.mimi...0bdf14c1ce
(2015-01-25, 22:49)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 22:46)CaBrA Wrote: The only thing I can report as Issue are the popup notifications are cut at end and sometimes text overflow text field space. "LOADING" is cut at end in Spanish Language "CARGANDO"
Are you using Mimic 1.02 from repo or the latest git? I think I fixed this one already.

I´m using from normal Repo
(2015-01-26, 16:39)CaBrA Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 22:49)bryanbrazil Wrote:

I´m using from normal Repo
Ok, fix will be in 1.03.
Hey bryanbrazil, i'd have another humble suggestion:

I've been on Mimic for some time now and still have one minor issue I just can't get used to. Often I want to check the current time/remaining time/finish time while watching a video, so I bring up the OSD. It sounds dumb, but often I can't figure it out at first glance. My brain just needs that extra second to figure out which number to look at for the information I wanted. So maybe you could add some words to the bottom bar, like "Remaining:" or "Ends:" etc. - that would help a lot!

Here's a screenshot of my problem (I admit this is an extreme example):

And here are examples of solutions in other skins:

Or maybe even adding seconds would be enough:

Again, this is just a minor issue with an otherwise perfect skin! Smile
Raspberry Pi 2 B / OpeneELEC
I completely agree with doeppi about the way the times are displayed. It just looks like a load of numbers at first glance and I often find myself thinking there are 20 minutes left when really it will finish at 8pm (20:00) etc.

It would be nice if they could be made a little more glance-able. I still love this skin though, it's my favourite by far. Thanks for all your hard work.
Will definitely add AM/PM, will try other options too.

Update: Ok, AM/PM added to current/end times in the progress bars and bottom bar.
Changed all the dialog and context menu backgrounds to now have a slight drop shadow. Also added two new themes, BoldDialog and FlatDialog. BoldDialog gives dialogs a thicker border, and FlatDialog is the previous flat look.

New dialog textures with drop shadow:

Here is the BoldDialog theme that provides another option. And the previous design is still available using the FlatDialog theme.

The new default textures are available now on github. The BoldDialog and FlatDialog themes will be available in the next version submitted to the repo (1.0.3).
Mimic 1.0.3 has been accepted to the repo, should show up for you soon.

Here are a couple of fixes now available on github (will be in version 1.0.4):

(2015-01-24, 20:11)mac1202 Wrote: Hi, really nice theme, good looking, light on cpu usage but still highly configurable.
I add just a little problem with it, the widget doesn't show until i press the up key and give them the focus. I search everywhere and didn't find an option about it. It is the intended behavior or i had a problem with my setup.
Rearranged the home screen widgets and added a skin setting to always display them rather than have to press up from the main menu. I still recommend hiding them initially as the transition between widget types is not very smooth.

(2015-01-25, 19:51)mac1202 Wrote: Ok, maybe you should add information about that on the first post to avoid new people asking the same question.
Another little problem your theme crop the cover of my game in advanced launcher.
two example :
ideally the big picture on the right shouldnt be croped and have the same aspect as the little on the left of the game title.
I changed how the thumbnails are displayed for Files and Addons. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.
I have a problem with the skin. Sometimes suddenly Kodi turns all black screen and when I restar Kodi the default skin (confluence) is loaded and Mimic is ausent, as if I never downloaded it. I have to re download Mimic three times by now.
(2015-02-02, 02:27)CaBrA Wrote: I have a problem with the skin. Sometimes suddenly Kodi turns all black screen and when I restar Kodi the default skin (confluence) is loaded and Mimic is ausent, as if I never downloaded it. I have to re download Mimic three times by now.

This happened to me when I used the update function in the addons browser. I had to pick mimic again from the skin category and download - but only one more time for it to be good. All my guisettings were intact.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Are you using Kodi 14.1? Looks like it might fix some crashes. Also post a debug log if you get a chance.
Hello there. I got a small question. I now have Mimic SlimStar for Helix on my Pi but want to switch to the full skin. I already have setup my menu in skin settings and like to ask if it's possible to copy those skin setting to Mimic

I have seen my guisettings file so when I got for example:

</setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.mimic.slimstar.Custom2HomeItem.MultiFanart">/storage/pictures/phoenix.jpg</setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.mimic.slimstar.Custom2HomeItem.Icon"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.mimic.slimstar.Custom2HomeItem.Path">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.phstreams&quot;,return)</setting>

Can I just replace skin.mimic.slimstar to skin.mimic?
(2015-02-02, 09:17)misa Wrote: Hello there. I got a small question. I now have Mimic SlimStar for Helix on my Pi but want to switch to the full skin. I already have setup my menu in skin settings and like to ask if it's possible to copy those skin setting to Mimic

I have seen my guisettings file so when I got for example:

</setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.mimic.slimstar.Custom2HomeItem.MultiFanart">/storage/pictures/phoenix.jpg</setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.mimic.slimstar.Custom2HomeItem.Icon"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.mimic.slimstar.Custom2HomeItem.Path">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.phstreams&quot;,return)</setting>

Can I just replace skin.mimic.slimstar to skin.mimic?

Haven't tested it, but that should work. You may also have to copy the script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file from the slimstar folder to mimic/1080i.
Hello,
Using Mimic 1.03 from Kodi repository.

How do I disable film logo's in gallery view?
Can't see an option to turn them off, don't remember them being there in 1.02?
(2015-02-02, 19:50)navanman Wrote: Hello,
Using Mimic 1.03 from Kodi repository.

How do I disable film logo's in gallery view?
Can't see an option to turn them off, don't remember them being there in 1.02?
There is no option to turn them off, you would need to edit the gallery view xml and delete the cdART control.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9