• 34(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
Is there any way to remove the black overlay on the channel logos in the white theme? I'd like to keep the color in my channel logos if possible.

Thanks for the great theme!
(2015-02-03, 22:29)adambollinger Wrote: Is there any way to remove the black overlay on the channel logos in the white theme? I'd like to keep the color in my channel logos if possible.

I've been waiting for someone to mention this. Smile I use white logos with transparent backgrounds, so the color diffuse works well. I realize most people likely use colored channel icons, though, so I'll go ahead and remove the color diffuse.

Update: Pushed a change to github that removes the color diffuse from the Live TV channel logos. Let me know if I missed anything.
First of all I love the skin!
I was wondering if there is a way to customize the info screen.
The section where the commands Play, Cast, Custom Art and Trailer are located.
Would it be possible to substitute for example the Trailer command with one of the video add-ons that are listed when clicking on the + button. Alternatively these commands could be revolving when moving left or right.
Thanks for the great job on the skin.
(2015-02-04, 02:14)Kyselak Wrote: First of all I love the skin!
Would it be possible to substitute for example the Trailer command with one of the video add-ons that are listed when clicking on the + button. Alternatively these commands could be revolving when moving left or right.

Which video addons would you want integrated into the VideoInfo dialog? Not sure how feasible that would be, probably something you would need to mod.
(2015-02-03, 13:32)doeppi Wrote:
(2015-01-28, 02:23)bryanbrazil Wrote: Will definitely add AM/PM, will try other options too.

Update: Ok, AM/PM added to current/end times in the progress bars and bottom bar.

Can't see any difference on my end (latest git), maybe because we don't use AM/PM here but 24 hour format? Could you try adding words or maybe tell me where to insert them so I could try it myself? Again, thank you so much for your work!

I just pushed an update to git that restores the seek bar info variable from Aeon Nox 5. So it will show the time, buffering percentage, etc in the middle of the seek bar. If you want to change the format of the labels, look for SeekLabelVar in variables.xml.
Great Skin!!

I am wondering if an option could be added to have larger images for the home screen widgets. The images work well on my laptop but on my TV they are on the small size. I know that this would mean that there are fewer of them but I think that it is worth it. The Box skin has larger images for example.

Thanks,
(2015-02-03, 22:51)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 22:29)adambollinger Wrote: Is there any way to remove the black overlay on the channel logos in the white theme? I'd like to keep the color in my channel logos if possible.

I've been waiting for someone to mention this. Smile I use white logos with transparent backgrounds, so the color diffuse works well. I realize most people likely use colored channel icons, though, so I'll go ahead and remove the color diffuse.

Update: Pushed a change to github that removes the color diffuse from the Live TV channel logos. Let me know if I missed anything.

I installed it but there are no themes to chose from.. I checked the theme folder of the skin and it seems to contain folders instead of .xbt files.. Maybe this is the cause? I don't know anything about how skins are structured so I could be wrong.

Anyways thanks so much for your quick responses and fast work!
(2015-02-04, 08:52)adambollinger Wrote: I installed it but there are no themes to chose from.. I checked the theme folder of the skin and it seems to contain folders instead of .xbt files.. Maybe this is the cause? I don't know anything about how skins are structured so I could be wrong.

Anyways thanks so much for your quick responses and fast work!

You have to go to Settings --> Appearance and select the theme from there. The .xbt files are automatically created in the skin's media folder when you install from the repo.
To Adam Bollinger youll need to move those theme subfolders from themes folder into the media folder in order for them to be available for selection. Either that or copy the texture files from the latest repo version to the media folder if you ve pulled Mimic from GIT.
@bryan Brazil thanks for the updated MPAA flags for Australia they look great and I love the white theme. Only visibility issue I've found is accessing the channel config in Pseudo TV Live you cant read the text for setting channel types. Not a big deal as I just change to default theme to make changes but wanted to let you know.

The updated Aussie flags Ive copied and renamed to replace the default MPAA flags so I dont have to change Universal Movie scraper settings, add nfo files or rescrape a movie library of 2000+ titles.Big Grin

Much quicker and easier fix
(2015-02-04, 04:40)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 02:14)Kyselak Wrote: First of all I love the skin!

Which video addons would you want integrated into the VideoInfo dialog? Not sure how feasible that would be, probably something you would need to mod.

I would like to integrate the VideoExtras addon, maybe swap it with the Trailer one.

Thanks.
(2015-02-04, 07:15)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 13:32)doeppi Wrote:
(2015-01-28, 02:23)bryanbrazil Wrote: Will definitely add AM/PM, will try other options too.

Update: Ok, AM/PM added to current/end times in the progress bars and bottom bar.

Can't see any difference on my end (latest git), maybe because we don't use AM/PM here but 24 hour format? Could you try adding words or maybe tell me where to insert them so I could try it myself? Again, thank you so much for your work!

I just pushed an update to git that restores the seek bar info variable from Aeon Nox 5. So it will show the time, buffering percentage, etc in the middle of the seek bar. If you want to change the format of the labels, look for SeekLabelVar in variables.xml.

I'm using the latest version of Mimic from the repository.
Whenever I pause a movie the seekbar shows:
Left:
- progress (minutesConfusedeconds)
- current time (hour:minutes)
Right:
- total duration (minutesConfusedeconds)
- estimated end time (hour:minutes)

What I really miss, is the remaining time (minutesConfusedeconds).
I know a little calculus will solve this (it's 15:44 now and if it ends at 16:12, it will only be... ehrrr.. about... ehrrr... 28 minutes), but that's not really user friendly.

Is this (remaining time) one of the variables you added back from the Aeon Nox 5 skin?
(2015-02-04, 09:51)Kokonutcreme Wrote: To Adam Bollinger youll need to move those theme subfolders from themes folder into the media folder in order for them to be available for selection. Either that or copy the texture files from the latest repo version to the media folder if you ve pulled Mimic from GIT.
@bryan Brazil thanks for the updated MPAA flags for Australia they look great and I love the white theme. Only visibility issue I've found is accessing the channel config in Pseudo TV Live you cant read the text for setting channel types. Not a big deal as I just change to default theme to make changes but wanted to let you know.

The updated Aussie flags Ive copied and renamed to replace the default MPAA flags so I dont have to change Universal Movie scraper settings, add nfo files or rescrape a movie library of 2000+ titles.Big Grin

Much quicker and easier fix

I've never tried moving the theme folders to the media folder, does that really work?

Pseudo TV must have the font color hard-coded, nothing I can do for that. There's a similar issue with cdART Manager, but you can set the font color in the addon settings.
(2015-02-04, 14:52)Kyselak Wrote: I would like to integrate the VideoExtras addon, maybe swap it with the Trailer one.

Thanks.

Yeah, that's not an addon I use, you would need to try modding it.
(2015-02-04, 16:46)rvdgeer Wrote: I'm using the latest version of Mimic from the repository.
Whenever I pause a movie the seekbar shows:
Left:
- progress (minutesConfusedeconds)
- current time (hour:minutes)
Right:
- total duration (minutesConfusedeconds)
- estimated end time (hour:minutes)

What I really miss, is the remaining time (minutesConfusedeconds).
I know a little calculus will solve this (it's 15:44 now and if it ends at 16:12, it will only be... ehrrr.. about... ehrrr... 28 minutes), but that's not really user friendly.

Is this (remaining time) one of the variables you added back from the Aeon Nox 5 skin?

Remaining time is not included in that variable, you would need to replace the time labels with Player.TimeRemaining. They will now be displayed in the center of the progress bar.
(2015-02-04, 17:34)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 14:52)Kyselak Wrote: I would like to integrate the VideoExtras addon, maybe swap it with the Trailer one.

Thanks.

Yeah, that's not an addon I use, you would need to try modding it.

Sure I have no problem modding it if you just could give me some pointers on how/where to make the modification.Big Grin
I really appreciate your help.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9