• 35(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
(2015-02-04, 17:43)Kyselak Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 17:34)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 14:52)Kyselak Wrote: I would like to integrate the VideoExtras addon, maybe swap it with the Trailer one.

Thanks.

Yeah, that's not an addon I use, you would need to try modding it.

Sure I have no problem modding it if you just could give me some pointers on how/where to make the modification.Big Grin
I really appreciate your help.
Sounds like you want to put it in DialogVideoInfo.xml. Not sure what you would need to do though, I'm not familiar with that addon.
(2015-02-04, 17:45)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 17:43)Kyselak Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 17:34)bryanbrazil Wrote: Yeah, that's not an addon I use, you would need to try modding it.

Sure I have no problem modding it if you just could give me some pointers on how/where to make the modification.Big Grin
Sounds like you want to put it in DialogVideoInfo.xml. Not sure what you would need to do though, I'm not familiar with that addon.

I use it as well, and I successfully modded the DialogVideoInfo.xml from ReFocus for this. Since this one comes from Nox, it's a little different. On one hand, the file is more complex. But since the VideoExtras add-on is already supported and in there, it shouldn't be too hard. I'll check it out, and see if I can swap it with something (I'd probably choose the "Choose Art" option to swap it with.)
(2015-02-04, 21:36)Tortuga Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 17:45)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 17:43)Kyselak Wrote: Sure I have no problem modding it if you just could give me some pointers on how/where to make the modification.Big Grin

I use it as well, and I successfully modded the DialogVideoInfo.xml from ReFocus for this. Since this one comes from Nox, it's a little different. On one hand, the file is more complex. But since the VideoExtras add-on is already supported and in there, it shouldn't be too hard. I'll check it out, and see if I can swap it with something (I'd probably choose the "Choose Art" option to swap it with.)

Thanks Tortuga I appreciate the help Big Grin
Is there a way to get these widgets to point at a plexbmc library instead? I know there's a custom option but I can't seem to get it working. Confused
(2015-02-04, 23:54)JoeC21 Wrote: Is there a way to get these widgets to point at a plexbmc library instead? I know there's a custom option but I can't seem to get it working. Confused
I have no experience with Plex, maybe a Plex user can chime in.
(2015-02-05, 00:38)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 23:54)JoeC21 Wrote: Is there a way to get these widgets to point at a plexbmc library instead? I know there's a custom option but I can't seem to get it working. Confused

Plexbmc basically just takes videos from your plex server and presents them as an xbmc library would show up but in the form of a video addon. I'd assume it would be the same as pointing the widgets at a video addon but i'm not too sure how to do that! I thought the "custom" option under widgets maybe allowed that?
(2015-02-04, 08:32)Scott00007 Wrote: Great Skin!!

I am wondering if an option could be added to have larger images for the home screen widgets. The images work well on my laptop but on my TV they are on the small size. I know that this would mean that there are fewer of them but I think that it is worth it. The Box skin has larger images for example.

Thanks,

I quickly tested it out, but ended up deciding to leave it as-is. Making them bigger made it difficult to position them so part of a poster is shown at the beginning and end. And it pushed the title label down too close to the main menu.
(2015-02-05, 05:03)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 08:32)Scott00007 Wrote: Great Skin!!

I am wondering if an option could be added to have larger images for the home screen widgets. The images work well on my laptop but on my TV they are on the small size. I know that this would mean that there are fewer of them but I think that it is worth it. The Box skin has larger images for example.

Thanks,

I quickly tested it out, but ended up deciding to leave it as-is. Making them bigger made it difficult to position them so part of a poster is shown at the beginning and end. And it pushed the title label down too close to the main menu.

Fair enough....thanks for taking a look.
I have noticed something slightly off with the home screen widgets. I have the "recent tv shows" widget on my TV shows screen (always there) and it will constantly move to the right. I watch it move over one at a time without any input from me. So I end up with the oldest most recent show when I push up from "TV Shows" when I would want to go to the most recent one.

Thanks
(2015-02-05, 22:42)Scott00007 Wrote: I have noticed something slightly off with the home screen widgets. I have the "recent tv shows" widget on my TV shows screen (always there) and it will constantly move to the right. I watch it move over one at a time without any input from me. So I end up with the oldest most recent show when I push up from "TV Shows" when I would want to go to the most recent one.

Thanks
It is set to autoscroll. Does it stop at the end of the list or does it start over when reaching the end? I'll test it when I get a chance.
Hi love this skin its really freshened up my HTPC. One thing though the skin I came from automatically went into the now playing music screen (from your screenshots):
However using this skin it waits the default screensaver timeout before showing it. Is there any way to set it to go straight to that whenever a song is played? I use the lyric plugin and if you wait you miss a good portion of the song before that happens and the lowest screen saver timeout is 1 min.
(2015-02-06, 04:05)richardmeehan Wrote: Hi love this skin its really freshened up my HTPC. One thing though the skin I came from automatically went into the now playing music screen (from your screenshots):

However using this skin it waits the default screensaver timeout before showing it. Is there any way to set it to go straight to that whenever a song is played? I use the lyric plugin and if you wait you miss a good portion of the song before that happens and the lowest screen saver timeout is 1 min.

Hmm, I never knew it went to the music viz screen on the screensaver timeout. I always just press back from the home screen to show the music visualization. I think I'll leave it as is, I would imagine that a lot of folks would like to continue browsing after pressing play rather than have it go to the fullscreen player.
(2015-02-06, 04:51)bryanbrazil Wrote: Hmm, I never knew it went to the music viz screen on the screensaver timeout. I always just press back from the home screen to show the music visualization. I think I'll leave it as is, I would imagine that a lot of folks would like to continue browsing after pressing play rather than have it go to the fullscreen player.

I didnt know about pressing back from the Home menu! That's easy enough for me! Thanks.
I checked out the DialogVideoInfo.xml to move the Extras button. Unfortunately it's way more complex than ReFocus. I kind of see where things might go, but am not getting anything to work. I'm not completely giving up yet, and if I do get something usable, I'll post in the mods section.
(2015-02-05, 00:41)JoeC21 Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 00:38)bryanbrazil Wrote:

Plexbmc basically just takes videos from your plex server and presents them as an xbmc library would show up but in the form of a video addon. I'd assume it would be the same as pointing the widgets at a video addon but i'm not too sure how to do that! I thought the "custom" option under widgets maybe allowed that?

I'm on Plex, and the way I got it to show on my home screen is as follows, not sure if this is what you're looking for, but it suited my needs:

Movie Library Example
1. Settings/Skin Settings/Setup Main Menu
2. Movies/default select action/programs/plexbmc/movies/create shortcut to here

On the homescreen, selecting movies should take you directly into your Plexbmc movie library.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9