Android Database-View, where do all the images come from ?
Shocked 
Hi,

I'm new here and probably this question was asked a 100 times before, but I could'nt find an answer in the online doku or in the community so may be someone can help me.

I'm using Kodi RC2 for Android and I'm quite happy (really great work guys!) if there weren't some prettty strange effects. For Media management I'm using Ember and all is stored on a small server from Synology. Kodi accesses the movies via SMB and the file-view is perfect, im using seperate folders for each movie and folder.jpg and fanart.jpg. As a scraper I'm using the .nfo created by Ember. This is the happy path...

But if I switch to the database-view most but not all (wtf ??) images are wrong. Actually saying that they are wrong is not correct, but I'm from Germany and in database-view all the posters are from the English/US version of the movie. The funny part is that the description is still in German, only the images/posters (at least as far as I can see) are switched. This an really interesting effect, because I don't have the American/English posters in my library. For me this looks like the posters in the database-view are always taken from an internet scraper, instead of the local images in the movie directory. I already tried some (but not all) of the nameing conventions suggested in the online docu to no effect.

Any suggestions someone ?
Is there any link in the nfo file that might point to the pictures?
Big Grin 
OK, the first part of the answer I have found:
1. The database-view definitely uses at least for the movie-posters an online scraper, independent from what you select as your scraper and the images in the movie directory
2. Obviously this scraper uses the language setting from the system and NOT the language setting from Kodi/XBMC which is odd (to say the least). On my Android set-top box the language setting was pretty good hidden in Other Settings / More Settings / Language
3. So now I still have posters I did not choose, but at least these are now German posters, which makes it less obvious

I definitely would like to have a setting to select which scraper is used for the images, my media library is well groomed, so an option to use it would not hurt.

(2014-12-08, 00:07)David1977 Wrote: Is there any link in the nfo file that might point to the pictures?

Hi David,

I did not check the .nfo but I don't think so, because since I switched the System Language of my Set-Top Box to German, I now have German posters. I think the poster-scraper from the database-view uses the movie-id in the .nfo to select the poster. At least I always got the right movie, only the wrong language...
But its still strange that local images arent detected, because it does it for me and i create my nfo files for myself (by hand) and i put those image files in the folders, too. My structure is nearly the same as yours and kodi detects always the folder.jpg or the fanart.jpg. But im using linux/ubuntu and not android. Maybe a little bug
Hi David,

sorry I was 2 days away for work, but I found the reason and a solution.

Actually you were right, Ember 1.3.x downloads all the links for the images (including all languages) to the .nfo. I still think that this is a Bug in Kodi/XBMC, especially that the automatism is using the system language setting and not the setting from Kodi, but anyway I found a solution, other than manually deleting the links in the.nfo.
Actually I switched to Ember 1.4.x and there it is, a setting called "Don't store (image) URL's in .nfo", so I'm not the first with this problem ;-)

You should also think about using ember 1.4, it is still quite slow, but way faster than creating all the information manually. The setup is a bit more tricky than ember 1.3 but now you have a very fine control on the scraped data. Great tool for nerds and movie freaks...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Database-View, where do all the images come from ?0