2.35:1 (CIH) Skin Development
I'll post up some better screenshots later. If anyone else wants to try it out let me know.

Again, this suits people who have 1920x1080 resolutions on their projector and who are having difficulty getting (or are unable to get) a custom 21:9 resolution working on their Kodi system.
Few screenshots, dont look like much, after all its just a slight repositioning of things Smile But fits 2.35 fine. I might shrink some of the posters etc down as they are on a large screen anyways (mostly).

Hey Funkd,

I'm responding here to your PMs because I'm unable to send PMs atm. Don't know why.

Normally, there are no black bars in a video. Cinemascope HD format is e.g. 1920x800. The black bars are added by the video player, 140px above the video and 140px below it. In the Kodi video settings (while playing a video), you can adjust the vertical stretch of the picture. If it says 1.00 (thats what I'm using) the picture hits the bottom of the screen and you got a 280px black bar above the picture. If you would set it to -1.00 the picture hits the top with a 280px black bar below the picture.

I don't know the way you use to set the position of the GUI elements. Perhaps it would be possible to add some kind of offset like Kodi does it with the video? E.g. if the offset is 140, then all GUI elements should be placed 140px below their normal position.

If this is not possible, nevermind. Thanks for your work.
Yeah you are right. I was thinking along the lines of the system putting the bars in by centering vertically. I didn't realize kodi had that option. I'll look into it.
Just had a look through settings there, to get what you want you could go to Settings -> System -> Vieod Output and go to video calibration. Set the Top/Left overscan compensation to 0,133 then the Bottom/Right compensation to 0,-133. That will move the gui down so that you have about a 260 bar at the top as opposed to 130 top and 130 bottom. Give it a shot and see if it suits.
Wondering should I put this in the skins forum?
Sent the latest in PM eltopo, let me know if you can access your PMs.

Anyone else who is interested in testing it out let me know and I can send you a link.
Doesn't seem to be much interest in this so I won't be adding anymore updates. Not complaining! Just talking to myself (and eltopo) in here so needlessly taking up space in the forums Tongue
(eltopo if you spot any issues let me know and I'll see what I can do)
Works fine so far, but couldn't test much. Only thing I noticed is a layer "channel group" in fullscreen live tv mode I couldn't get rid of.
Hmm, I dont have Live TV set up so cant test that.... I didnt think I changed anything to do with it. The FullScreen xml file just has modified positions.
I am still very interested. Best news in long time. And nice to meet some understanding (Funkd). I would love to try your modified skin.
I have a 2.40:1 screen and projector with lens memory. I have used a self-modified version of confluence, but the end result was far from elegant.
I would have prefered confluence, but Aeon Nox in proper scope would be very good for now. I only use the movie part in my home theater, no pvr, music and so on.
PM sent. Still need to figure a way to do the 16:9 content. Maybe resize it. Sort of have a toggle working to switch between 21:9 and 16:9 skins on a key press.
I'm interested too. Would you be able to PM me the files as well?
Have recently moved to a projection system with an anamorphic lens and I'm now looking at my options, since Jriver media center doesn't cater very well for this scenario at the moment.
PM sent
Thanks for the PM. I will try the skin ASAP. For some reason I cannot reply to PM.
No real reason for using confluence, have been using it forever and got very familiar with it. Anyhow, a proper 1920*800 skin would be far better. Ideally you should be able to toggle between 2 aspects. This has to be possible with a shortcut to add it to the automation. I use iRule and have 1 button for each aspect, this controls lens memory on the projector and side masking of the screen. It would not be a big problem to live without though, you would just have all the controls 140px from the top/bottom. Not a huge problem when +90% viewing is scope.
As for setups with anamorphic lens: This requires a very different approach, also depending on weather you leave the lens in place or have a slide for 16:9

Thanks again Funkd. You have no idea how bad I want Confluence in scope (1920*800). As stated I only use the movie part of xbmc/kodi. I have spent countless hours on modifying the xmls, but never really got there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2.35:1 (CIH) Skin Development2