Landscape art is displayed instead of my fanart in Extended view.
I'm currently using the 'Extended ' view for movies. As of a few days ago, all my saved fanart has been showing up in the same rectangular window as the movies title, plot, rating, a/v info, etc. Instead of my fanart being displayed, now landscape art is being displayed in place of my saved fanart. I'm not even sure where this art came from. I never downloaded it, and cannot find it anywhere in the Titan's skins folders. Is there a way to switch back? FYI, my fanart still shows up in the background.
Thanks!
All landscape-oriented views use landscape artwork by default and fallback to fanart if no landscape thumb is available, this is like that by design.

If you don't want landscape art you have to remove the landscape thumbs from your library-folders.
Also make sure that addons like artwork-downloader do not pull the landscapes again.

In case other users also prefer fanart over landscapes I can create an option somewhere to set the prefferred thumb for the landscape-oriented views.
Or is it only the case in the extended view ?
(2014-12-08, 12:46)marcelveldt Wrote: All landscape-oriented views use landscape artwork by default and fallback to fanart if no landscape thumb is available, this is like that by design.

If you don't want landscape art you have to remove the landscape thumbs from your library-folders.
Also make sure that addons like artwork-downloader do not pull the landscapes again.

In case other users also prefer fanart over landscapes I can create an option somewhere to set the prefferred thumb for the landscape-oriented views.
Or is it only the case in the extended view ?

Thats the thing, I dont have any landscape thumbs. Like I said, Ive never downloaded any landscape art and I couldnt find it anywhere in the Titan skin folders. I thought maybe I downloaded it accidentally and checked my movie folders but there isnt any there either. I dont know how or why it just appeared.
(2014-12-09, 06:42)jz1276 Wrote: Thats the thing, I dont have any landscape thumbs. Like I said, Ive never downloaded any landscape art and I couldnt find it anywhere in the Titan skin folders. I thought maybe I downloaded it accidentally and checked my movie folders but there isnt any there either. I dont know how or why it just appeared.

That's strange! You do not see a file landscape.jpg in your movie folders ?
I can offcourse create an option in the skin to use fanart instead of landscape but the skin allready falls back to fanart if no landscape thumb exists.

Maybe you can clear XBMC's cache ? Also look at the scaper settings to not use landscapes.

Anyone knows the answer to this problem ?

The skin just calls "ListItem.Art(landscape)" and if fails, it falls back to "ListItem.Art(fanart)". If you don't have any landscape it should always return the fanart images.
No landscape art anywhere to be found. Like I said, all my fanart was displayed up until recently. I also noticed when changing views that there are thumbnails and banner art for movies which I also have no idea where they came from.

One more question... I noticed that the only flag that comes up for video resolution is 16:9. All other resolutions have a question mark in it's place.
I fixed the issue with the video resolution flags in latest beta.

About the landscape thumbs... I rally have no idea where this comes from.
You are shure you doný have any landscape.jpg files in your media folders ?

These could be downloaded by the artwork downloader addon.

I will also create option in the skinsettings to prefer fanart instead of landscape images...
(2014-12-13, 00:43)marcelveldt Wrote: I fixed the issue with the video resolution flags in latest beta.

I will also create option in the skinsettings to prefer fanart instead of landscape images...

OK I figured out where the art is. If 'Use Local Files' is not ticked in the Artwork Downloader menu, the artwork is associated remotely.

Is the option to only show fanart in the extended view in the latest beta also? If not I'll wait to download it. Thanks for all the help BTW.

sent u a small donation for all your help. thanks again.
(2014-12-13, 07:29)jz1276 Wrote:
(2014-12-13, 00:43)marcelveldt Wrote: I fixed the issue with the video resolution flags in latest beta.

OK I figured out where the art is. If 'Use Local Files' is not ticked in the Artwork Downloader menu, the artwork is associated remotely.

Is the option to only show fanart in the extended view in the latest beta also? If not I'll wait to download it. Thanks for all the help BTW.

sent u a small donation for all your help. thanks again.

Thank you very much for the donation !

Beta is not yet available, I'm finishing the latest bits of it and will provide it later today.
Just have one more question... is there a way to update the music library? So far, the only way I have found is by doing an auto update upon start up.
Been using the Beta (Helix) & so far so good except one minor issue. The aspect ratio flags are still a little off. Whether a film is 1.78:1 or 1.85:1 or 2.35:1 or 2.40:1, the flags read 16:9 or 21:9 (which I've never heard of) respectively. Looks to me like the only flags that ever show are 4:3, 16:9, and 21:9.
(2014-12-20, 09:56)jz1276 Wrote: Just have one more question... is there a way to update the music library? So far, the only way I have found is by doing an auto update upon start up.
Been using the Beta (Helix) & so far so good except one minor issue. The aspect ratio flags are still a little off. Whether a film is 1.78:1 or 1.85:1 or 2.35:1 or 2.40:1, the flags read 16:9 or 21:9 (which I've never heard of) respectively. Looks to me like the only flags that ever show are 4:3, 16:9, and 21:9.

I'll add button to update the library to the sideblademenu in music library, good suggestion.

The aspect ratio flags are indeed "translated" to the more public known aspect ratio's, most skins do this but you're right, strictly taken this is not the exact aspect ratio but it's a more recognizable format for most users.

I can create option to show the original (non translated) flags instead but there's only limited space in the locations that show the flags so I have to see if that's going to work without the text beiing unreadable.
If it's not too much trouble, thanks!
(2014-12-20, 22:28)jz1276 Wrote: If it's not too much trouble, thanks!

This is now adjusted in latest beta of the skin, version 3.2.18.
Please try it out and let me know.
Looks good to me..thanks!
Hey, just came across a minor bug. Movies with a DTS soundtrack that are marked as 'dca' in the nfo file are coming up with a Dolby Digital flag.
Happy New Year!
(2015-01-01, 05:26)jz1276 Wrote: Hey, just came across a minor bug. Movies with a DTS soundtrack that are marked as 'dca' in the nfo file are coming up with a Dolby Digital flag.
Happy New Year!

Thanks for the catch, fixed in new beta

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Landscape art is displayed instead of my fanart in Extended view.1