Logitech Harmony Universial Remotes and XBMC for Xbox?
I picked Xbox with DVD, it said something about not being able to power on the device, but other than that my harmony works in activity mode. Have you tried creating a new activity from the harmony wizard? I think you can pick a "play a dvd" activity picking the xbox as the dvd player.
hired goon

You have to click on "Customice Buttons" at your XBMC device. And then add the buttons you want to use as standard/extended from your xbmc device.
You have to specify what buttons and from which device your activity shall use cause you can have many devices in one activity.

Try to set Inter-Key Delay and Inter-Device Delay to 0 ms for your xbmc device, speeds up the button response.
Sorry I ment: You have to click on "Customice Buttons" in your XBMC ACTIVITY.
G'day,

Thanks for the info.

I customized the buttons for my "Play Xbox" activitity. I had to manually map each 880 remote button to an Xbox remote button. I'm not sure why this was not done automatically.

I'll also try setting the delays as suggested.

-- Geoff
I was successfully using the 880.

Installed the XIR that was recommended and it works slick for On/Off! But, now my XBox DVD remote nor my Harmony 880 work for anything more than On/Off!?

I still have the DVD dongle in the Xbox.

What do I do?
When I installed the XIR I "bumped" the vertical circuit board at the front of the motherboard that controls the 4 controller inputs (one of which would be where the DVD IR dongle goes!) It had pulled out of its motherboard plug. When I pushed it back in place it worked again. And the XIR is a GREAT add on for turning unit On?off with a remote!

Success.
I have inherited an XBOX loaded with XBMC. I intend to use this to watch movies and a remote would be handy. I already have a harmony 880. Can I program the 880 to use with the xbox, or do i need the microsoft remote to "learn" from? If I dont need the microsoft remote can I buy just the IR receiver?
You just need the receiver, not the remote, but I haven't really found any place to buy just the receiver.

You can get the receiver/remote kit on eBay for as little as $8 shipped (I bought 6 for $6/a piece).

You can program your harmony (or any other Universal remote) as an RCA DVD player and it will work just swell.

I'm using the remote for my Yamaha receiver, and it's outstanding.

Smile
waldo22 Wrote:You just need the receiver, not the remote, but I haven't really found any place to buy just the receiver.

You can get the receiver/remote kit on eBay for as little as $8 shipped (I bought 6 for $6/a piece).

You can program your harmony (or any other Universal remote) as an RCA DVD player and it will work just swell.

Smile
Thanks for the info...
waldo22 Wrote:You just need the receiver, not the remote, but I haven't really found any place to buy just the receiver.

Smile

Aha!!! I have a Yamaha reciver! never thought of that! Big Grin good idea!

Hmmmm got no idea where the manual is thou Sad bugger....
Hi,

I got the Logitech harmony 525 and all buttons are mapped and work correctly. The problem is that there is a noticeable delay/lag.

I have set the Inter-key Delay: 0ms and Inter-Device Delay: 0ms.

Still is much smaller than original xbox remote.

i got 7.4.2 Logitech Harmony Remote software.

Any tips how to make it respond same as original remote?
Note! You guys need the original Xbox IR-reciever dongle that comes with the origina Xbox DVD Remote Kit from Microsoft, ...the reason for this is that not all those third-party Xbox remotes uses tha same infrared-protocol as the original Xbox remote from Microsoft.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:Note! You guys need the original Xbox IR-reciever dongle that comes with the origina Xbox DVD Remote Kit from Microsoft, ...the reason for this is that not all those third-party Xbox remotes uses tha same infrared-protocol as the original Xbox remote from Microsoft.

Yeah i have the original IR-receiver and remote, which is quite fast. The harmony feels so laggy.
mikef Wrote:Hi,

I got the Logitech harmony 525 and all buttons are mapped and work correctly. The problem is that there is a noticeable delay/lag.

I have set the Inter-key Delay: 0ms and Inter-Device Delay: 0ms.

Still is much smaller than original xbox remote.

i got 7.4.2 Logitech Harmony Remote software.

Any tips how to make it respond same as original remote?

I've also got the same problem. All my other Inter-Device Delay settings work nice, except for the xbox. Not sure why the Harmony won't accept the setting for xbox.
Gamester17 Wrote:Note! You guys need the original Xbox IR-reciever dongle that comes with the origina Xbox DVD Remote Kit from Microsoft, ...the reason for this is that not all those third-party Xbox remotes uses tha same infrared-protocol as the original Xbox remote from Microsoft.

Ordered one from EBay. thanks for the tip.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony Universial Remotes and XBMC for Xbox?0