Release VideoSlimmer - remove unwanted audio/subs from mkv's
Ah, the same Binhex from unRAID forums who makes all the great dockers (thanks for them!)

Would it be possible to have a dry run functionality? I'd like to know what it plans to do as I can foresee some things I'd like to catch/check on.

eg. ISTR Avatar MKVs have some Naveen subs and LOTR have some Elvish - they would get stripped?

Say some automated tool downloaded a German rip for me instead of English - Videoslimmer would leave it untouched if it ONLY has German and I would never know until I come to play it but with a dry run I might spot that from some output?
(2017-07-10, 09:47)Methanoid Wrote: Ah, the same Binhex from unRAID forums who makes all the great dockers (thanks for them!)

Would it be possible to have a dry run functionality? I'd like to know what it plans to do as I can foresee some things I'd like to catch/check on.

Sure, i could add in a dry run option.

(2017-07-10, 09:47)Methanoid Wrote: eg. ISTR Avatar MKVs have some Naveen subs and LOTR have some Elvish - they would get stripped?

They would only be stripped if the sub language would be 'Naveen' and 'Elvish' (and your prefered language existed too), which i doubt they would be, more likely they would be shown as the language they are subbed to, e.g. 'English', you can use a tool such as mmg.exe from the mkvtoolnix to take a look at one of your mkv's to check this.

(2017-07-10, 09:47)Methanoid Wrote: Say some automated tool downloaded a German rip for me instead of English - Videoslimmer would leave it untouched if it ONLY has German and I would never know until I come to play it but with a dry run I might spot that from some output?

I guess you could use VideoSlimmer to do this, but the output would be tricky to decipher (logs are fairly verbose), it's not really designed to help you identify movies that have been downloaded with the wrong language, more of a space saving tool, and for the OCD amongst us who dont like chaff in their movie collection :-).

p.s. yes i am the same binhex as frequents unraid, glad you're enjoying the docker images :-).
(2017-07-10, 11:59)binhex01 Wrote:
(2017-07-10, 09:47)Methanoid Wrote: Ah, the same Binhex from unRAID forums who makes all the great dockers (thanks for them!)

Sure, i could add in a dry run option.

done, see github for usage (link in first post of this thread).
Stripping the unneeded content is a great idea. A friend wrote his own version but not as good! Just started (and aborted) a large dry run. Looks good and thank you for adding that requested function Wink

Is there (didnt get to end!) a way to stop it reporting warnings for each JPG, AVI etc file (the screen scrolls past very quick with all those warnings!)?
Does it also report total savings at the end of a run?

Also is there an easy way to add this to say SABnzbd downloading as a script so each downloaded movie gets auto processed? I see someone asked for that for NZBget over at your github but no response. Seems a great idea to me. Then all you need do is run the script on your whole library ONCE and clean as you download each movie
Thank you for this great tool, especially with the new 1080p web dl the number of subtitles is insane Smile
As I saw on Github it only currently works with MKVMerge v19 not the newer versions since the identify output has been changes. I've downloaded the old version of MKV merge and so far it is working great.
Are you still looking to change this in the script?
(2018-08-12, 12:08)Rouzax Wrote: Thank you for this great tool, especially with the new 1080p web dl the number of subtitles is insane Smile
As I saw on Github it only currently works with MKVMerge v19 not the newer versions since the identify output has been changes. I've downloaded the old version of MKV merge and so far it is working great.

Hi!
What is the current latest version of mkvtoolnix supported by videoslimmer? I am hitting this issue: "mkvmerge failed to identify file"
https://github.com/binhex/videoslimmer/issues/14
(2020-01-27, 04:39)liquidsmoke66 Wrote:
(2018-08-12, 12:08)Rouzax Wrote: Thank you for this great tool, especially with the new 1080p web dl the number of subtitles is insane Smile

Hi!
What is the current latest version of mkvtoolnix supported by videoslimmer? I am hitting this issue: "mkvmerge failed to identify file"
https://github.com/binhex/videoslimmer/issues/14

Since this one isn't updated I switched over to a different tool that works with the latest version of mkvmerge.
https://github.com/willforde/mkvstrip
Hi, Appreciate any support to get this process to work, I use MKVTool  regularly to clean my file but the process is very manual
System is
Windows 7
Java 1.8.0_241-b07
MVKTool 44.0

at the Command prompt I type
VideoSlimmer.py --mkvmerge "c:\Program Files\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" --media D:\BitTorrent Download\Completed --lang eng --dry-run no --edit-title yes

icrosoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
opyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

:\Users\U-Rock>java -version
ava version "1.8.0_241"
ava™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_241-b07)
ava HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.241-b07, mixed mode)

:\Users\U-Rock>VideoSlimmer.py --mkvmerge "c:\Program Files\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge
exe" --media D:\BitTorrent Download\Completed --lang eng --dry-run no --edit-ti
le yes
VideoSlimmer.py' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
perable program or batch file.

:\Users\U-Rock>```
```' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

:\Users\U-Rock>

```
(2020-03-11, 03:54)t123thomas Wrote: Hi, Appreciate any support to get this process to work, I use MKVTool  regularly to clean my file but the process is very manual
System is
Windows 7
Java 1.8.0_241-b07
MVKTool 44.0

VideoSlimmer.py --mkvmerge "c:\Program Files\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" --media D:\BitTorrent Download\Completed --lang eng --dry-run no --edit-title yes

ava version "1.8.0_241"

le yes

```
VideoSlimmer is not maintained anymore and it is better to switch over to https://github.com/willforde/mkvstrip
Since they are Python scripts, you need to install Python on your machine first to be able to run the script. https://www.python.org/downloads/
(2020-03-11, 09:22)Rouzax Wrote:
(2020-03-11, 03:54)t123thomas Wrote: Hi, Appreciate any support to get this process to work, I use MKVTool  regularly to clean my file but the process is very manual
System is
Windows 7
Java 1.8.0_241-b07
MVKTool 44.0

ava version "1.8.0_241"

le yes

```
VideoSlimmer is not maintained anymore and it is better to switch over to https://github.com/willforde/mkvstrip
Since they are Python scripts, you need to install Python on your machine first to be able to run the script. https://www.python.org/downloads/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoSlimmer - remove unwanted audio/subs from mkv's0