Renaming Home Buttons
I am trying to rename the home buttons and have been having some problems. I want to change "My Pictures" button to "My Emulators" and followed the directions stated here:

http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.p...omeButtons

I couldn't find any mention of it in the wiki so I don't know if this method is still valid. When I followed the directions the name on the button changed and when I clicked on the button it went into my program folder (F:\apps) instead of my emulator folder (F:\apps\emulators) even though I specified the following for the button:

<label>Emulators</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyPrograms, Emulators)</onclick>

Is there something I am doing wrong? I checked the bookmark for Emulators and it is valid...

One other strange thing I ran into is that if I select "Emulators" and manually enter the emulators folder all my emulators are listed. If I then go back to the main menu and select "My Programs" usually all my games are listed if selected first, but now the emulators are listed. It seems that since they are both program actions going back and forth between the two causes the last window to be displayed.. Any way to work around this?

I am using the July 16th build....

Thanks
remove the space, so like
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyPrograms,Emulators)</onclick>
the second question: XBMC is supposed to do that. it keeps track of what state each main window is in, and when you return to that window it restores the last state AFAIK. i don't really understand why you'd want to "work around" this feature...
Thanks for the reply Sleepy.. That seemed to be one of the issues as well. I figured out what I was doing wrong. It looks like when the resolution is set to "auto" in appearance setting it defaults to 16x9. So when I originally made my change I made it to both the pal and pal 16x9 directory. I had a formating error but only made that change to the pal directory so nothing seemed to make it work. Once I changed the resolution to 4x3 from auto everything works like a charm.

The reason I wanted to work around the window memory was because if I selected emulators all of my emulators would be selected but if went back to the home window selected "programs" the emulators would be displayed since that was the last window I viewed. All of my games would be displayed only if I went into programs first since games was the default bookmark.

I was able to work around the window memory by placing the following for the "programs" button:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyPrograms,Games)</onclick>

So every time I clicked on programs it brought me to my games rather than the last window I was at...

Thanks again for your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Renaming Home Buttons0