using Kodi/XBMC add-ons without a monitor
Hello,

I currently have 2 different XBMC boxes. One of these has no monitor and acts only as a Music center. This works great in conjunction with XBMC Remote for iPad.

The problem I have is that this only works for my local Music Library - I have no way to play Pandora using the Pandora add-on in XBMC.

Is there any creative way to get around this? Any sort of app for iPad that would allow me to start the Pandroa app in XBMC and select one of my channels? I know that Yatse has a 'plugin' option/feature, but that doesn't seem to work with Pandora for XBMC.

Thanks...
You should be able to access addons from the XBMC remote app. I can use subsonic the subsonic addon through it.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
XBMC Remote for iPad gives an error when accessing the Pandora add-on:

Code:
XBMC JSON-RPC Error: Invalid params.
(Code: -32602)
Data: (null)

METHOD
Files.GetDirectory

PARAMETERS
{directory="script://script.xbmc.pandora";"file_properties"=(thumbnail);media=music;sort={ignorearticle=0;method=none;order=ascending;};}

The "Radio" add-on works fine, though.

I also tried Yatse on my Android phone. Again, The "Radio" add-on works fine. Pandora though says it's "starting' but nothing happens.

Is this because of the login that is required for the Pandora add-on? (my credentials are already saved and it works fine when using a monitor on the system). Is there any XBMC app that will actually work with the Pandora add-on?
you can't use scripts, only plugins. scripts have a ui.
Ah, I see. Thanks. I assume any add-on that allows you to use Pandora would be a script with a UI?

Sounds like there is no way to do what I am trying to do...
Use the pandora IOS app and airplay?
I don't know anything about airplay, but I don't have appleTV. Can I do what you're describing with an iPad + PC combo?
You should be able to use your ipad and pc/kodi to airplay.

Switch on zeroconf and the airplay settings in kodi, settings>services

On the ipad it should just be a case of using the pandora app but setting the output to kodi. Double click the home button, tap the little rectangle with a triangle on it (it may or may not say airplay) and choose your output source.

That should be all that is involved.
any one can help from the start to install xbmc after download. im new user and don t know to much . any help is appriciated
(2014-12-10, 20:53)Madmuhfuh Wrote: You should be able to use your ipad and pc/kodi to airplay.

Switch on zeroconf and the airplay settings in kodi, settings>services

On the ipad it should just be a case of using the pandora app but setting the output to kodi. Double click the home button, tap the little rectangle with a triangle on it (it may or may not say airplay) and choose your output source.

That should be all that is involved.

thanks. unfortunately, airplay doesn't work (using iPad2 on iOS 7.1.2). it tries to send it to XBMC, but XBMC just leaves the main menu for a second and comes right back to it, and nothing plays. I tried this with both XBMC systems (video and no video), using both Music and Videos - nothing works.

I checked some airplay threads around here and it seems like this is a common airplay issue with XBMC (leaving the main menu for a second and coming right back)
What build of xbmc are you using man? I had no problems with airplay on Gotham, iphone 4, 7.1.2JB here. Video could be a bit ropey but audio and photos worked fine.
I don't have bonjour installed at the mo to try with kodi RC3 but it's on my list.

I'll let you know if I get anywhere.

Edit : OK so I just tested it and it worked fine in rc3.

Installed bonjour, only bonjour not the full itunes package, switched on zeroconf and airplay, left IOS 8 compat mode on.

On iphone I tried my photos, TVcatchup and Tunein radio. All played via airplay with no probs.
TVcatchup made kodi drop back to main menu first and gave me the waiting notification twice but then started the stream paused and worked fine on pressing space.

Works better than gotham did in fact, faster.

Make sure you set your ipad output to xbmc first, dont play the stream then select. Other than that you should have no probs.

Edit 2: OK I am seeing audio errors in the log. Isnt an issue to me as I am passing thru to a sony av amp, but could be the cause of your crash?

22:03:44 T:2188 NOTICE: Thread PAPlayer start, auto delete: false
22:03:44 T:3996 ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::InitializeExclusive: IsFormatSupported failed (AUDCLNT_E_UNSUPPORTED_FORMAT) - trying to find a compatible format
i needed to install bonjour on the XBMC system. not sure why i could select it with airplay to begin with if I needed bonjour installed?

anyway, it's working now. you're right, i could not get it to work playing on iPad first then switching to XBMC. Switching to XBMC first works great.

thanks for all the help.
Cool Smile good stuff

No worries man
well, it has stopped working. back to the original menu problem. rebooting both devices doesn't help.

i guess this comes with the territory. i'll try to grab a debug log.
Airplay is twitchy at best. I have audio airplay on the AV amp itself and even in hardware it's ropey. But other than serving it transcoded from another machine I'm not sure how else you could do what you want.

If you want to try that though, I think Universal Media Server has a plugin. I don't know how functional it is though, never used pandora. If it's just streams, in theory youre back to controlling them via your phone again.
You should be able to serve it from the same machine even, its just a upnp server.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
using Kodi/XBMC add-ons without a monitor0