• 17(current)
ODROID-C1 from Hardkernel is a $35 Development Board powered by AMLogic S805
Now this looks very nice for the C1+. Uses the new 7-pin I2S Header Socket leaving the 40 GPIO pins exposed.
Should be competitively priced too going by the cost of other HardKernel peripherals.

HiFi DAC shield board for C1+

My new C1+ arrived yesterday and its a very nice upgrade Big Grin

That DAC shield looks very nice! The line-out jack looks off though. Looking forward to your pictures of the ODROID-C1+!
Nice peripheral for Hardkernel to make. Suspect a few people would quite like an I2S to Toslink/SPDIF converter too.
(2015-07-26, 17:25)wrxtasy Wrote: Speaking of OpenElec and properly synced 23.976/59.94Hz video output.

Hot off my iMac Ubuntu Virtual Box compiler - OpenElec 5.0.8.0 with that new Frame Rate Automation Kernel included.

No more 41 second duplicate video frame glitches with 23.976 video played at 24Hz or 3:2 pulldown judder at 60Hz.
Plays video as smooth as the new Android 24p Linux Kernel now. Smile

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=...646#p98646

Smile

I'm interested in the C1+. Are you the only person working on getting OpenELEC to run on it?
No Zalaare is the main man with a OpenElec Github Repo. There have been a bunch of Linux guys contributing too:
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=5915

I do pulls from his sources and patch in a few test bits n bobs and compile and test.
Its a nice knowledgable development community over on the HardKernel Forums

Odroid-OpenElec 6.0 Isengard will have the amcodec am-h265 (HEVC) decoding in it when it is released shortly.
Current OpenElec 5.0.8.0 is Helix that has no HEVC decoding.

A small Mali video driver issue is effecting video playback when Subtitles are displayed and needs to be fixed on all Android/OpenElec/Ubuntu images. These fixes are currently being tested.

Kodi Isengard 15.1 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS runs nicely indeed on the C1. I'm currently compiling that to work with the 23.976/59.94Hz video output Kernel . Its better than OpenElec Helix at the moment.
It will run well with the correct Mali video drivers and I will be using that going forward. Big Grin

To make it easy the HardKernel devs compile Kodi/Ubuntu releases for us from time to time after small bugs are ironed out. Updating is very easy then.

They should use pcm5122 on dac instead of. old pcm5102.
(2015-07-29, 06:58)illiac4 Wrote: They should use pcm5122 on dac instead of. old pcm5102.

Why?
For example:
PCM5122 has built in HW volume control.
That is usually best to have on the amplifier and not the DAC as one doesn't know how the DAC would adjust the signal in order to adjust the volume.
Another wee update..

OpenELEC 5.95.3 is now running on this beastie and its quick. Actually the quickest Kodi Isengard machine I have in the house now. Smile
There are a few rough edges and bugs to sort out but progressing nicely all the same.....

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=...117#p99538

I love your updates wrxtasy! I think a few more months and I'll have a bite, seriously I'm hearing good stuff from this, well for my needs it's ideal.
Is there a way to include the patch for samsung sd cards not booting or. Is the one unusable for openelec?
Hi guys,

I am new to this Odroid thing. Up to now I was using Kodi on two Rasperry Pis,
but I want to play .265 files.

That is, why I thought to get a Odroid C1. Is there somewhere a complete installation
tutorial on how to install Kodi on it?

Thanks, mates.

Greetings
(2015-08-01, 17:16)syco Wrote: Hi guys,

I am new to this Odroid thing. Up to now I was using Kodi on two Rasperry Pis,
but I want to play .265 files.

That is, why I thought to get a Odroid C1. Is there somewhere a complete installation
tutorial on how to install Kodi on it?

Thanks, mates.

Greetings

Have a look at wrxtasy's posts here and in the odroid forums.

For H265/HEVC playback I think you have to use Android builds at the moment. The latest Android builds support frame rate switching, but have issues with DD/DTS pass through in my experience.

The (unofficial) OpenElec C1 builds are good for DD/DTS passthrough, but I don't think they support HEVC/H265 playback yet?
Yes Noggin is correct, we are nearly there sorting out various issues.

Images available: (fastest Kodi Isengard operation to slowest):
(all images can output 23.976/59.94Hz video correctly synced)

- OpenELEC Custom / 6.0 / Isengard 15.1RC1 = only limitation is HEVC(H265) hardware decoding does not work at the moment.
EDIT: HEVC FIXED
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=...7&start=50

I now get Amcodec HEVC hardware decoding (am-h265) with Isengard 15.1RC1, maybe a first for an Unofficial OpenELEC release.
Isengard using this image is noticeably quicker than my overclocked RPI2 which is now gathering dust.
I really like this device now Smile

- Ubuntu 14.04 = only limitation at the moment is dynamic refresh rate switching does not work. Ubuntu requires updates before getting started with Kodi. Easily done with a few commands. You can boot straight into Isengard easily. H265 works well.
If you boot the device first in 1080p24 mode, this release makes a fine H264/H265 player with perfect 23.976fps video sync.

- Android 4.4.2 = dynamic refresh rate switching works, H265 decoding works when using Android App MX Player from within Kodi. (Setup easily). Android DD/DTS passthrough limitations (licensing issue maybe ?)

All the images install just like a RPi does, download the .img file and flash to a microSDHC.
For Android you then install the Google Apps Store (GAAPS) - its point and click basically.
Grab Android MX Player - then a playercorefactory.xml file from my Dropbox folder to store in Kodi userdata folder. H265 will then play.

There is an bloody annoying Android limitation with this and that is you can only play video with MX Player from a directly connected usb stick/HDD.

W.

• 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID-C1 from Hardkernel is a $35 Development Board powered by AMLogic S8051