Problem connecting to TV shares in Active Directory domain
Hi,

I am using a Raspberry Pi client with the TVServerXBMC plugin enabled to connect to a Windows 7 MediaPortal TV Server backend. I am using TSreader on client and have both my LiveTV and RecordedTV paths shared on the MediaPortal server.

I have other remote Windows MediaPortal clients that are able to connect and play both Live and Recorded TV.

The problem seems to be that when my MediaPortal server is part of a Windows active directory domain, the XBMC client is unable to access either Live or Recorded TV from the server. The plugin connects correctly, downloads the TV channels and schedules successfully, but when I go to access Live or Recorded TV I get:
- Live TV, the "Working" message which eventually just disappears and no further message (error or otherwise) is displayed, but LiveTV does not start
- Recorded TV, I almost instantaneously get a "permission denied" error

I have tested from the client command line that I can successfully map to and access the Live and Recorded TV shares, but TVServerXBMC doesnt seem to be able to. I have tried various permutations of username (in the TVServerXBMC configuration) but so far no success.

I quickly built a stand alone Media Portal TVServer (in a workgroup) and was able to connect successfully to that from TVServerXBMC (Live and Recorded TV) - so I suspect its something to do with my server being in a domain, but I'm not sure what.

Has anyone else run into this?

Cheers,
Did you try to add your raspberry pi client into Active directory, so that it would be a part of the same domain as server? Maybe this could solve your problem, I think that you have some problems with permissions. You can find some directions here. Or you need to check firewall on server, maybe some ports that xbmc addon uses are blocked.
(2014-12-11, 09:25)qzem Wrote: Did you try to add your raspberry pi client into Active directory, so that it would be a part of the same domain as server? Maybe this could solve your problem, I think that you have some problems with permissions. You can find some directions here. Or you need to check firewall on server, maybe some ports that xbmc addon uses are blocked.

Thanks, thats a good idea. I will have a read and give it a go.

Cheers,
You might need to edit the group policy for your DC to disable SMB signing (google it if you aren't sure).
Hi all,

A quick update - I was able to get this working, but only by enabling the local guest account on the Media Portal server, allowing it to logon via the network (local group policy) and then assigning the guest account share and file system permissions (read only) to the Recorded and Live TV shares. I also removed the credentials from the TVServerXBMC plugin configuration (so username/password were blank).

I couldn't get any other combination of username/password (domain or local accounts) working - but this is ok.

Cheers,
There have been some internal changes in XBMC Gotham which basically make the "Username/Password" settings in the PVR addon settings useless. The best way to access a share which requires credentials is first to add it to the normal "Video" section. XBMC should ask for login details and store it. When XBMC can access the share with the stored credentials, the addon can do that too (leaving the username/password fields empty).
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
(2014-12-24, 14:51)margro Wrote: There have been some internal changes in XBMC Gotham which basically make the "Username/Password" settings in the PVR addon settings useless. The best way to access a share which requires credentials is first to add it to the normal "Video" section. XBMC should ask for login details and store it. When XBMC can access the share with the stored credentials, the addon can do that too (leaving the username/password fields empty).

Thanks Margo! Thats very useful info. I will try again with credentials following your advice.

Cheers,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem connecting to TV shares in Active Directory domain0