Kodibuntu is born...
I was going to test this in a live environment only until a 64 bit version comes out that I can upgrade to. But I can't even get a USB drive setup to test it.

When I use "Startup Disk Creator" on my Ubuntu laptop it gets to 95% then fails with this error

An uncaught exception was raised:
Invalid version string '"Trusty"'
you should try unetbootin.
Any news about the 64 Bit version?
(2014-12-16, 10:18)b0mb Wrote: Any news about the 64 Bit version?

Yes see post lucky #13 on this thread and wait patiently.
I have one issue, don't know if it's related to kodibuntu or kodi in general, but I stumbled upon this problem only after installing kodibuntu...

When listening to music, if I select a track manually, it plays fine. My library includes songs encoded in flac 16/44 or 24/96 192 or 24/88 176, some in alac and few in wave or ape format. I can select any format and it plays fine.

However, if I try to play a playlist (partymode, personal playlist or even play an album), paplayer gonna play some track and some other it complains it can't load the codec ("caudiodecoder unable to init codec while loading file") and skip that song. The weird thing is if I chose the same track individually, it's gonna play it without any issue.

I'll get a debug log asap. Are there anyother users experiencing the same bug? I've looked in the forum, I didn't find a single report related to this problem.
Does this have a version of Kodi that has been compiled separately than the one available in the unstable branch? (RC3)

I only ask because on my AMD legacy card in my microserver (Radeon HD5450) I only get a maximum of 30fps in the GUI, at 1080p / 60hz and I have noticeable rendering Lag with transitions and the loading wheel etc. You can definitely notice it too. Video playback is fine though so its just the UI.

Rolling back to Gotham, and everything is sweet again - around 45fps in Video information, but no lag with rendering / transitioning.

I'm not running KodiBuntu / XbmcBuntu - I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 with a true gnome shell.
Newbie question or two.

I installed 64bit kodibuntu on a new AMD A1 HTPC I put together. My goal was to run 6 things:

Kodi
Flirc (remote control IR USB)
Netlix (now supported on Ubuntu 14.10)
Torrent client
Steam
Blue ray playback (hopefully sometime)

Xbmc worked great, but the Lubuntu was frustrating to me. Switching back and forth is too hard to do on a TV 8ft away. So I installed Ubuntu 14.10 instead and then installed xbmc/Kodi.

Question 1: what XBMC addons come along with the kodibunu distribution?? I can't seem to find a list.

Question 2: I also can't seem to figure out how to point it to my NAS. Kodibuntu found it automatically. (Which is great!)
After successfully installing RC3 on my htpc, Im getting KODI to boot and it runs perfectly, but whenever I exit it, the screen just goes black and doesn't respond.
When going into tty while KODI is working and trying xrandr, I get "Can't open display".
Any suggestions to fix this?
Im using nvidia gt520 and its hooked with hdmi to my tv.
(2014-12-21, 17:55)bilmicee Wrote: Newbie question or two.

Question 1: what XBMC addons come along with the kodibunu distribution?? I can't seem to find a list.

Question 2: I also can't seem to figure out how to point it to my NAS. Kodibuntu found it automatically. (Which is great!)

A1) All the addons that come officially and by default are in the Kodi repo for instance see Category:Helix_add-on_repository (wiki) and if you interested also Category:All_add-ons (wiki)

A2) Adding sources is fairly easy see Adding_video_sources (wiki). With regards to your NAS then its either SMB or NFS or some other supported protocol like Sources.xml/Types (wiki). Confused yet?

(2014-12-23, 15:42)100kotob Wrote: After successfully installing RC3 on my htpc, Im getting KODI to boot and it runs perfectly, but whenever I exit it, the screen just goes black and doesn't respond.
When going into tty while KODI is working and trying xrandr, I get "Can't open display".
Any suggestions to fix this?
Im using nvidia gt520 and its hooked with hdmi to my tv.

This sounds like you messing around via ssh and of course, in ssh you have no display attached. Usually Display is :0 so to get some results via ssh when messing around with xandr you can do

Code:
DISPLAY=:0 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr

Or

Code:
EXPORT DISPLAY=:0

And then play around with with your xandr to suit your inner geek.
he should actually be bumped to the lightdm login screen when exiting kodi.
(2014-12-23, 17:09)uNiversal Wrote: This sounds like you messing around via ssh and of course, in ssh you have no display attached. Usually Display is :0 so to get some results via ssh when messing around with xandr you can do

Code:
DISPLAY=:0 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr

Or

Code:
EXPORT DISPLAY=:0

And then play around with with your xandr to suit your inner geek.

I'm actually doing it in front of the tv with my keyboard attached.

(2014-12-23, 17:28)wsnipex Wrote: he should actually be bumped to the lightdm login screen when exiting kodi.

Yeah, that's exactly what my goal is.
anything in /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log?
Here's the cat from /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log

Code:
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Starting Light Display Manager 1.10.3, UID=0 PID=1362
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-greeter-wrapper.conf
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-guest-wrapper.conf
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-unity-greeter.conf
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-xserver-command.conf
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/60-lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from /usr/local/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from /etc/xdg/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/20-kodibuntu.conf
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Using D-Bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Registered seat module xlocal
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Registered seat module xremote
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Registered seat module unity
[+0.04s] DEBUG: Registered seat module surfaceflinger
[+0.05s] DEBUG: Adding default seat
[+0.05s] DEBUG: Seat: Starting
[+0.05s] DEBUG: Seat: Creating user session
[+0.44s] DEBUG: Loading users from org.freedesktop.Accounts
[+0.44s] DEBUG: User /org/freedesktop/Accounts/User1000 added
[+0.94s] DEBUG: Seat: Creating display server of type x
[+0.94s] DEBUG: Deactivating Plymouth
[+0.96s] DEBUG: Using VT 7
[+0.96s] DEBUG: Seat: Starting local X display on VT 7
[+0.96s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/x-0.log
[+0.96s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Writing X server authority to /var/run/lightdm/root/:0
[+0.96s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Launching X Server
[+0.96s] DEBUG: Launching process 1391: /usr/bin/X -bs -nolisten tcp :0 -seat seat0 -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt7 -novtswitch
[+0.96s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Waiting for ready signal from X server :0
[+0.96s] DEBUG: Acquired bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
[+0.96s] DEBUG: Registering seat with bus path /org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Seat0
[+7.12s] DEBUG: Got signal 10 from process 1391
[+7.12s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Got signal from X server :0
[+7.12s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Connecting to XServer :0
[+7.13s] DEBUG: Quitting Plymouth; retaining splash
[+7.15s] DEBUG: Seat: Display server ready, starting session authentication
[+7.16s] DEBUG: Session pid=1532: Started with service 'lightdm-autologin', username 'zal'
[+7.34s] DEBUG: Session pid=1532: Authentication complete with return value 0: Success
[+7.34s] DEBUG: Seat: Session authenticated, running command
[+7.34s] DEBUG: Registering session with bus path /org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Session0
[+7.34s] DEBUG: Session pid=1532: Running command /usr/sbin/lightdm-session kodi-standalone
[+7.34s] DEBUG: Creating shared data directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/zal
[+7.34s] DEBUG: Session pid=1532: Logging to .xsession-errors
[+7.40s] DEBUG: Activating VT 7
[+8.11s] DEBUG: User /org/freedesktop/Accounts/User1000 changed
[+92.53s] DEBUG: User /org/freedesktop/Accounts/User1000 changed

And here's the part right after closing KODI:

Code:
[+177.76s] DEBUG: Session pid=1532: Exited with return value 0
[+177.76s] DEBUG: Seat: Session stopped
[+177.76s] DEBUG: Seat: Stopping display server, no sessions require it
[+177.76s] DEBUG: Sending signal 15 to process 1391
[+178.28s] DEBUG: Process 1391 exited with return value 0
[+178.28s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: X server stopped
[+178.28s] DEBUG: Releasing VT 7
[+178.28s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Removing X server authority /var/run/lightdm/root/:0
[+178.28s] DEBUG: Seat: Display server stopped
[+178.28s] DEBUG: Seat: Active display server stopped, starting greeter
[+178.28s] DEBUG: Seat: Creating greeter session
[+178.30s] DEBUG: Seat: Creating display server of type x
[+178.30s] DEBUG: Using VT 7
[+178.30s] DEBUG: Seat: Starting local X display on VT 7
[+178.30s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/x-0.log
[+178.30s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Writing X server authority to /var/run/lightdm/root/:0
[+178.30s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Launching X Server
[+178.30s] DEBUG: Launching process 2159: /usr/bin/X -bs -nolisten tcp :0 -seat seat0 -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt7 -novtswitch
[+178.30s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Waiting for ready signal from X server :0
[+178.62s] DEBUG: User /org/freedesktop/Accounts/User1000 changed

And right before going black screen it says:
  • Starting LightDM Display Manager [ok]
  • Stopping Send an event to indicate plymouth is up [ok]
So as the final has been released now is there finally a release date for the 64 bit version of Kodibuntu?
Final kodibuntu image is on its way to the mirrors, it should appear in the download page soon.
Apart from being 64bit it contains a special gift from portuga2000 Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodibuntu is born...1