XMBC Setup (User Friendly for Spouses)
I like the XMBC platform. However, I am looking for a resource or resources that will help me setup the system with a user-friendly interface so my wife and kids can use it as well. (like a PseudoTV type guide). Is there a way to have a one-step programming guide that combines streaming and live OTA channels? A step by step walk-through or guide for setup would be great. I would love to make a donation to the cost of this website or forum in exchange (which I am sure would save me money as compared to spending dozens of hours in trial and error!) I have 30 GB internet and using HD Homerun Dual for OTA channels. Currently hard-wiring network from central router/switch to living room main TV. Also want to be able to view same thing on bedroom monitors or computers which will also have network cable connections. Have a Xbox 360 in living room as well if needed. Thanks!
This is really what the Wiki is for. It may seem daunting but there's not that much to read through. All you really need to familiarise yourself with is adding sources into Kodi, applying skins and selecting the right PVR addon during install.

You've not really given much detail on your setup so I'll have to make some wild assumptions here:
  • Install Kodi and select the relevant PVR addon - this will be what takes care of steaming live TV from the TV card in your PC(?) to Kodi (which is running on what?)
  • Add your media sources (where is your media?)
  • Choose a skin which best suits your usage style - I like AeonMQ5 as it has very nice wall views for streaming TV/movies from my windows server and an attractive, relatively easy to use EPG Timeline for dealing with live TV via the dvbviewer addon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC Setup (User Friendly for Spouses)0