Android Could I install and run XBMC on this Android device?
I had been looking for a box (like the G-Box) to have designated for XBMC and maybe occasionally browsing the web on my television.

I stumbled upon this device for only 39.99. I like it because it is small but don't want to get it if it can't do what I want it to do or wouldn't be a good choice.

It is called the MK808B Plus Amlogic M805 Quad Core Android 4.4 Mini TV Dongle 1G/8G WIFI H.265 HW Decode Bluetooth DLNA.

Details, specs and pictures can be found HERE.

Like I said, I like it because it is small and quadcore. The boxes I have found for this price have all been dualcore.

Can I download/install XBMC on this device?

Do you think it has the Play Store installed?

Can I use a mini keyboard remote with this device?

Is this a good deal? If not, can you suggest a different quadcore (or better) device? It'd be cool I guess if it already had XBMC installed but if it doesn't, I can surely do that myself. I know some boxes claim to have "everything" installed and set up (addons etc). I really want a device that I can use for XBMC 90% of the time and maybe browsing the web %10 of the time. I would like to have the Play Store just in case I decide I want to install any apps or perhaps one day I will take an interest in gaming.

I of course want what will run the quickest/smoothest with the least glitches. I had been looking at all of the dualcore devices out there but I really would prefer have at least 1gb ram and 8gb or more storage.
1. Yes

2. Probably

3. Yes.

Looks fine. It won't be the fastest thing around, but should be faster than a Pi, GUI-wise. I have no idea if the wifi is any good (probably not), and for all I know, the ports will snap off in your hand (I've had that happen with Android sticks before), but spec-wise it seems okay.

There's no shortage of cheap android devices. There's actually a growing number of sub $50 boxes and sticks out there now.
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?2...only-29-99

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?2...r-under-50

you're welcome.

If i helped hit rep+
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
$30 for another chipset test on? What the heck. Thanks for the tip :)
(2014-12-15, 03:44)aaricwon Wrote: It is called the MK808B Plus Amlogic M805 Quad Core Android 4.4 Mini TV Dongle 1G/8G WIFI H.265 HW Decode Bluetooth DLNA.
Time to have a bit of a go at new users that are too lazy to use SEARCH !

Did you even bother searching the forum before asking ?? No

This review EXACTLY fitting what you are looking for popped up if you had made the effort:

ANDROID MK808B Plus Review

Rant OFF

I'm sorry I did etc realize chow big and comprehensive this forum is. I only found it by Googling for the chip that's in this thing and this forum came up.

I'm using a small phone right now to read the posts and haven't read anything about remote yet. I'm wondering how you control it and can input etc. I'll look again when I'm on my laptop and have a bigger screen in front if me that's easier to read.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Could I install and run XBMC on this Android device?0