XBMC exits to desktop when playing
4.97.2 ...

Yeah, I ignore most of the walls of text. Fanboys or not Baytrail support is shit as of mesa 10.1, in windows it's even more funny - they patched out bitstream support.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
My story could be called "Breaking Bad", I'm trying an install with Windows 8.1 and I have a similar issue (not equal but similar):

Playing the film trailers in a given moment video gets frozen and sound works at tumbles. Then I can't do nothing until this video ends and starts next one, in this moment it works ok. I've download latest intel drivers for bay trail D 64 bits (15.33.30) and solves nothing.

I've try with XBMC 13.2 and a fresh install of Helix with identical result.

Regards

EDIT: I had not see your last post when writing this but according to that, J1900 doesn't word OK in Windows neither in Linux.

EDIT 2: Same problem with Windows 7 Home Edition x64 and XBMC 13.2.... Now the question is: How to install/configure in Windows System to have best possible result?
I think, before we continue. Please make a fully running memtest, please.

I cannot suggest windows, cause I know the state of DXVA in xbmc code. This old DX9 code + new and not well working Baytrail drivers -> no, please not.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-12-16, 18:54)fritsch Wrote: I think, before we continue. Please make a fully running memtest, please.

I cannot suggest windows, cause I know the state of DXVA in xbmc code. This old DX9 code + new and not well working Baytrail drivers -> no, please not.

Thanks again,

The computer in with I've try Windows 8.1 is a different one from the one in with I've try Windows 7, so hardware problem are discarted (even more, I passed memtest on one of them yesterday)

I'm more surprised by moments, I can't believe so many problems.

I'm quite sure my settings in XBMC are OK, but I'm writing here, in this point I'm not sure about nothing:

System, Settings, Video, Playback:
-Adjust display refresh rate to math video: On start/Stop
-Pause during refresh rate change: 1 second
-Sync playback to display: Yes
-A/V Sync method: Video Clock (Drop/Dupe Audio)

System, Settings, Video, Acceleration:
Render Method: Auto Detect
Enable HQ Scalers for scaling above: 20% (I've try 0% with same result)
Decoding Method: Hardware Accelerated*
Allow Hardware Acceleration (DXVA2): Yes

*I've try Software Allowing multi threaded software decoding with same result.

System, System, Video Output
-Display Mode: Full Screen #1
-Resolution: 1920*1080p
-Use Fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen: Enabled (I've try disabled, same result)
-Blank other displays: Disabled
-Vertical blank sync: Enabled

System, System, Audio Output
Audio Output device: Wasapi: default (I've also try DirectSound, same result)
Channels: 2.0
Output Configuration: Optimized
Stereo Upmix: Disabled
Normalize levels on downmix: Enabled
Resampled quality: Medium
Keep Audio device alive: 1 minute
Enable passthrought: Disabled (connected to TV by now, not AV)

I continue making tests, I'll back to tell, now I'll try with a Haswell instead a Bay Trail D.

Regards and MANY thanks
Unbelievable, using a i5 Haswell w/Windows 8.1/XBMC 13.2 the same problem....

I'm playing some film trailers and if I play them in order, it gets hanged always in exactly the same point: at the half of the third video and then at the half of all the videos I play later. If I play directly this third video there is no problem with this, I'm going to leave playing and see if happends later.

Fritsch, if I don't commit suicide affer this, I debt you one beer (or a lot of them).

Regards
No idea, no log.

Play the files from local disk. and if you can repeatadly reproduce with the third video, try to provide a sample. Btw. your jumping between 14, 12.3 and linux and windows won't get us anywhere. Play the same three videos from an OpenELEC usb stick and see if the same error occurs. -> 4.97.2

Edit: And yeah 13.x won't be developed any further. So only chance for a possible fix (if it's not your memory <- not the same stick, right?) is to use v14
(2014-12-16, 21:06)fritsch Wrote: No idea, no log.

Play the files from local disk. and if you can repeatadly reproduce with the third video, try to provide a sample. Btw. your jumping between 14, 12.3 and linux and windows won't get us anywhere. Play the same three videos from an OpenELEC usb stick and see if the same error occurs. -> 4.97.2

Edit: And yeah 13.x won't be developed any further. So only chance for a possible fix (if it's not your memory <- not the same stick, right?) is to use v14

Hi fritsch

I think it's a problem of those videos, in new test the problem happend even erasing this third video (problem appears later with other ones). Perhaps those videos have corrupted audio or something that causes the problem (all them are movie trailers downloaded from the same site):

http://www.baldovi.net/

Of course, I'll activate logging in XMC and try again, uploading it to pastebin when it fails, I'm sure it will be useful (the logs of those videos failing on ubuntu are on the start of this thread, but I'll upload the logs under Windows OS)

In an installation of Kubuntu + XBMC I have left a lot of videos dowloaded some time ago from other site (http://www.demo-world.eu/ if I'm not wrong) and it has been playing for more than one hour (around 30 test videos) with no problem at all.

You can be sure I'll install openelec and try the videos that causes the problem, and I'll tell the result.

Now, althought I know you don't agree with using kubuntu, I ask you for advice: What version of Kubuntu and XBMC do you think that is going to give more stability? I mean, with XBMC 13.2 I guess that Kub 14.04 is best since it's supported with ppa:team-xbmc/ppa. But I suspect that you're going to reccomend me XBMC 14 even when it's release candidate, am i wrong?

In case you recommend me Helix, What ubuntu? 14.04 or 14.10?

Many thanks again
I already linked you the howto some hours ago, option b) if you remember. Though I am not sure it will be suitable for you, as you need to read line by line :-)

OpenELEC test still pending, also.
(2014-12-16, 21:33)fritsch Wrote: I already linked you the howto some hours ago, option b) if you remember. Though I am not sure it will be suitable for you, as you need to read line by line :-)

OpenELEC test still pending, also.

Many thanks again for your answer,

I rode the link about intel with the 3.18 kernel and even followed the steps with Kubuntu, and in this installation is where I've been playing the other 30 videos without problems. I'm sorry if i bother you with my question, I don't want to take more time to you than needed but I want to be sure I took the best possible way.

In the link you menction that the best bet is Ubuntu Trusty mini x64 with Helix, but since you don't talk about the possibility of kubuntu or other distros I wanted to be sure. I understand then that inside the option of kubuntu (that I know you don't reccomend) the best option (or the less bad) is try with Kubuntu 14.04 trusty + Kodi 14 RC3, am I wrong?

Of course, I'll test the failing videos with openelec, it will be usefull for me and if you ask me to, its the less I can do given all the help you're providing me.

Regards
Everything that does compositing interfers with xbmc's swapBuffers and you will non perfect sync. Use Lubuntu if you want.
(2014-12-16, 22:54)fritsch Wrote: Everything that does compositing interfers with xbmc's swapBuffers and you will non perfect sync. Use Lubuntu if you want.

Many thanks again,

I'm going to try openelec for the tests and also Lubuntu in order to have a whole OS, I suppose that 14.04 x64 is the best choice.

Regards
So, now carefully listen: I told now at least triple times, about the option b) there is nothing, really nothing to "assume" at all, cause I have written it now multiple times.
Many thanks for your answer, fritsch,

I tested OpenElec 4.97.2 and the trailers of the films that caused the problems also fails, so it must be a problem of those videos or something with XBMC (I assume that OpenElec is configured best as possible).

I've been making some other tests and I have some doubts but I'll ask later, by now I'm going to open a thread on Windows section since I've a problem of image smoothness with this OS

Regards and thanks
A sample that shows the issue would be fine. Or at least a Debug Log.
(2014-12-18, 15:57)fritsch Wrote: A sample that shows the issue would be fine. Or at least a Debug Log.

Hi Again,

In the beggining of this thread I published a crash log and in a second post a complete debug log of the problem under kubuntu. Since the problem is exactly the same (even happends in the same second of the video) I think it could provide information, but of course, if you told me how to send those logs under OpenElec I will (since there is no operative system to access I don't know how to get those files).

The only difference is that under kubuntu/ubuntu/lubuntu (I've test all of them) when exiting it goes to operative system destop and with openelec it exits to XBMC/KODI's main menu.

I remember that those videos also cause a problem using Windows OS, but it this case instead of exiting XBMC the image is frozen and audio works stuttering, when video ends at starts a new one all works ok again until the moment that problem is again produced with other video.

Even I can send you a link to download the videos so you can test them by yourself if you want.

Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC exits to desktop when playing0