Audio setting keeps changing on startup
My audio card has 4 outputs (as far as XBMC sees): HDMI, SPDIF, analog, and default. I will set it to SPDIF (which I am using as the pass-through), and all works well. But quite often, when I start up XBMC, the audio setting (Settings->System->Audio->device) gets set to analog, and I need to manually set it back to SPDIF.

This shouldn't happen, right? So is there a settings file I can manually edit to keep the correct setting?

TIA

ken
If the card is not yet ready on kodi start, we fallback to whatever is currently there.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-12-15, 19:29)fritsch Wrote: If the card is not yet ready on kodi start, we fallback to whatever is currently there.

When I start kodi (actually still xbmc) I have already booted up linux. Shouldn't the card be ready by then?
It should, please provide two debuglogs, one with it working and with it having changed, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ever figure this out?

I had issues with KODI so went back to XBMC (Gotham). This weekend I had to wipe my computer out so, decided that there have been 2 updates since I last tried KODI so give it a try again.

Not having the same issues as before but, today alone I've had to switch the audio back 3x. Never had this issue before, been using XBMC for years. Hoping it's just a setting or something....?
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
It most likely want figured out because what was asked for in the post above yours was never provided...
THRobinson....do what fritsch asked for. Otherwise thsi thread will be picked by someone else in half a year and maybe he will ask the same as you...was this ever solved? - no, we need two logifles....half year later....was this solved ... Wink
If you don't know how to do a debug log look here debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Well, I was asking daytooner 'because' he never posted any files... figured maybe he didn't need to because he figured it out on his own.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
ok...then wait for an answer...his last visit at forums was at 2015-02-19 and he didn't even answered this thread then. Let's see how long it will take to get an answer Wink
True, but so what... I don't go to forums on a daily basis, especially if I fixed the problem... but, if I get an email saying someone replied to a thread I started, regardless how old, I go check it out.

Well, to the OP... if you found a fix, fire me a PM. Smile
Maybe he never found one and changed devices or OSs....

Is it really that hard to provide logfiles to make things better? Maybe you found a bug and you could help things getting better...

But ok...your choice...have fun with your issue Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio setting keeps changing on startup0