Linux XBMCbuntu stuck at install screen?
Question 
Hey all. I'm trying to install XBMCbuntu from a flash drive a few iv tried and at boot I just get this screen and hit try XBMCbuntu without installing, nothing happens do... just hangs there iv to use the power switch to turn off my PC to get back to windows. Iv tried different USB drives iv tried different methods of making the bootable USB but none work. I can use other Linux distros no problem, mint works great. I have even used Unbuntu but this I need help with...

I would really love some help to get this working, thanks all.

this is were I'm stuck..

http://imgur.com/FJgstG8.jpg
A thing that can help solve the issue is to unplug the keyboard from the usb when the hang occurs and simply reinsert it after like 5 secs. Then you might actually be able to use the keyboard.
no I can use my keyboard fine, I can select whatever option but when I select install or try to install then it get stuck on that screen. I can get into advanced options and help but the rest just freeze up my PC. Damm its annoying me why other Linux distros will installl from USB the same USB/s I'm trying this with XBMCbuntu.

There has gotta be a way ??
Tried the new kodibuntu beta?
I had the same issue with Kodibuntu. You might having the same problem as i had.I was trying to install it on a machine that had pentium m processor. This issue also happens with celeron m. The problem is that those processors dont support PAE, and the latest ubuntu version need PAE to be supported.

I passed that problem however with the option forcepae. To do that follow these instructions.

1) Boot the Kodibuntu disk.
2) At the installation Screen press Esc. It will prompt "boot:"
3) There type all this line
/casper/vmlinuz append file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper only-ubiquity debug-ubiquity initrd=/casper/initrd.lz quiet splash -- forcepae
4) Than if everything is ok the installation will start.

That did the Trick for me!!
I have the same problem.

I don't understand when i have to push esc.
If i force my usb to start with usb 1, i'll get the sentence boot:, but my keyboard allready stopt working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu stuck at install screen?0