• 41(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-02-16, 02:30)Abshole Wrote: I got OpenELEC to work, but I have this small colored square in the upper right hand corner. Not sure what it's from.

Your power supply isn't providing enough amperage.
(2015-02-17, 08:24)illiac4 Wrote: Hi!

From version 20272 to build 20281

Please don't quote these numbers, they're meaningless. Use the release build numbers #0215, #0216 etc. - any post quoting these meaningless upstream references requires me (and anyone else) to work out the actual build you are referring to. And frankly, I can't be bothered to do so. So if you want to post meaningful information, use the correct build numbers.

Geez, might as well add this to the first post...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
hi
Just updgraded my Pi2 from version 0215 to version 0216

215 was running ok but since i installed 216 after the openelec and kodi startup menus
where the new firmware is detected, I go into a frozen menu (the wallpaper from the PI without any menu item - no videos, no music, no tv show menus)

I tried to install a old backup via putty (putting a backup tar file under storage/.update ) but i got the message after startup "missing kernel or system"

can you help me in fixing or downgrading to the previous build?

thanks
Open the tar file (#0216 should be OK), and extract the KERNEL and SYSTEM files from the "target" folder. Copy these two files to your FAT partition, renaming KERNEL to kernel.img. Then try booting #0216 again. Sounds like your SD card glitched during the first boot.

If you need to copy the bootloader files too, then you'll find these in the 3rdparty/bootloader folder of the tar file - copy the *.dtb, fixup.dat, bootcode.bin and start.elf files to the FAT partition.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-17, 11:54)Milhouse Wrote: Open the tar file (#0216 should be OK), and extract the KERNEL and SYSTEM files from the "target" folder. Copy these two files to your FAT partition, renaming KERNEL to kernel.img. Then try booting #0216 again. Sounds like your SD card glitched during the first boot.

If you need to copy the bootloader files too, then you'll find these in the 3rdparty/bootloader folder of the tar file - copy the *.dtb, fixup.dat, bootcode.bin and start.elf files to the FAT partition.

thanks! when you mean the fat partition you mean the ./strage/update folder in putty? shall I also leave there the complete tar file or only the kernel.img and the SYSTEM ?

EDIT: i guess you meand the SD card partition sorry.
Is there some GUI problems on last builds? Take a look at the attached picture. The video is paused, but it doesn't show time information.

Tested on #0215 and #0216 RPi builds, #0214 is fine.

Thanks.
(2015-02-17, 11:54)Milhouse Wrote: Open the tar file (#0216 should be OK), and extract the KERNEL and SYSTEM files from the "target" folder. Copy these two files to your FAT partition, renaming KERNEL to kernel.img. Then try booting #0216 again. Sounds like your SD card glitched during the first boot.

Hi
just followed your instructions and copied/ renamed the mentioned files into the sd card. but same result: after the Kodi logo the Pi2 gets frozen/ stuck in the skin wihtout any items for the menus.

can you please help me downloading from the FAT/ file system to your previous build ? Is it just a matter of downloading the 215 build and doing the same operations that you mentioned for the SYSTEM, Kernel (renaming it to kernel.img) and the bootloader files into the FAT?

or in alternative can you please help me in restoring the previous backup tar file that I have using the SD card or putty?

thanks! and again great work!
(2015-02-17, 12:10)slack3r Wrote: Is there some GUI problems on last builds? Take a look at the attached picture. The video is paused, but it doesn't show time information.

Tested on #0215 and #0216 RPi builds, #0214 is fine.

Thanks.

Yeah, seems to be broken. Most likely this, will post a comment.
(2015-02-17, 12:32)galopogos Wrote: can you please help me downloading from the FAT/ file system to your previous build ? Is it just a matter of downloading the 215 build and doing the same operations that you mentioned for the SYSTEM, Kernel (renaming it to kernel.img) and the bootloader files into the FAT?

Yes, that's all you need to do.
(2015-02-17, 12:57)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-02-17, 12:32)galopogos Wrote: can you please help me downloading from the FAT/ file system to your previous build ? Is it just a matter of downloading the 215 build and doing the same operations that you mentioned for the SYSTEM, Kernel (renaming it to kernel.img) and the bootloader files into the FAT?

Yes, that's all you need to do.

And it worked thanks! back to the previous build that is working! thanks
(2015-02-17, 08:24)illiac4 Wrote: From version 20272 to build 20281 something must be changed since LiveTV when not in full screen starts to jitter (runs not fluent, it runs but stops every few seconds and then runs
and again stops and so on) every few seconds. I have also noted that the sound can get corrupted from this build on LiveTV. At first i thought it is network but then i have started to find the builds where this has started and the result is that it was not present
in build 20272 but has started with build 20281 and the same behavior is still present in latest build.

I've found the useful build number - #0215 is the first bad one. There are a few candidates:
Quote:Update ffmpeg to 2.5.4
Updated kodi-pvr-addons
RPi2: Disable omxplayer by default

First, @illiac4 if omxplayer is not enabled in video/acceleration settings, can you enable it and report if that helps (with latest build).
If it's not that, then we may need a build with kodi-pvr-addons or ffmpeg reverted (I would have thought pvr addons are the more likely candidate).
(2015-02-17, 14:14)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-02-17, 08:24)illiac4 Wrote: From version 20272 to build 20281 something must be changed since LiveTV when not in full screen starts to jitter (runs not fluent, it runs but stops every few seconds and then runs
and again stops and so on) every few seconds. I have also noted that the sound can get corrupted from this build on LiveTV. At first i thought it is network but then i have started to find the builds where this has started and the result is that it was not present
in build 20272 but has started with build 20281 and the same behavior is still present in latest build.

I've found the useful build number - #0215 is the first bad one. There are a few candidates:
Quote:Update ffmpeg to 2.5.4
Updated kodi-pvr-addons
RPi2: Disable omxplayer by default

First, @illiac4 if omxplayer is not enabled in video/acceleration settings, can you enable it and report if that helps (with latest build).
If it's not that, then we may need a build with kodi-pvr-addons or ffmpeg reverted (I would have thought pvr addons are the more likely candidate).

Right in debug log there is Build #0215 wich shows those errors and Build #0214 is good one. Will test with omxplayer and will report back.
(2015-02-17, 13:44)galopogos Wrote: And it worked thanks! back to the previous build that is working! thanks
I think it might be PR6453 that's the problem - I suspect that if you were to use a fresh guisettings.xml your Kodi would boot, and that you've possibly got an addon that is falling over or triggering a problem with the webserver during startup (there might be more details in your kodi.log). I'll be dropping PR6453 from the next build.

Edit: Or it might be the tvheadend client... are you using tvheadend? Or any other PVR client?
(2015-02-17, 14:14)popcornmix Wrote: I've found the useful build number - #0215 is the first bad one. There are a few candidates:

Thanks - I'm going to replace the meaningless upstream revision code with the meaningful build code in the tar filename starting with the next build.
It seems like the tvheadend PVR client is causing a crash/segfault or whatever which results in Kodi being stuck at splash screen. Once I disabled PVRmanager in guisettings.xml it booted just fine again.

@popcornmix - monoscopic 3D playback still doesn't work - so it was not related to my PR but seems to be another issue.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112