• 78(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
That's a handy trick!

http://sprunge.us/EBLJ

I just left it running and periodically it would just crash and then restart.
Code:
20:19:10 1057.028442 T:1968451584   ERROR: SQL: SQL error or missing database
                                            Query: ALTER TABLE epgtags ADD sOriginalTitle  varchar(128), sCast           varchar(255), sDirector       varchar(255), sWriter         varchar(255), iYear           integer, sIMDBNumber     varchar(50);
20:19:10 1057.028809 T:1968451584   ERROR: Exception updating database Epg10 from version 9 to 10
20:19:10 1057.028931 T:1968451584   ERROR: Error updating database Epg10 from version 9 to 10
I'm wondering if that could result in a corrupted database and this might cause a crash (as I see pvr.mythtv in your crash log).
Can you move the Epg9.db file out of /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database (so it's not upgraded, but you still have a backup) and delete Epg10,db.
I'm not using PVR, so I'm not sure if you need to force a refresh of the EPG data (as you have an empty DB now) and how to do so.
I hope that 3D isos will be supported soon?
(2015-03-17, 09:22)Caramba69 Wrote: I hope that 3D isos will be supported soon?
MVC in MKV works so good already.
Right now I'm converting my 3D ISOs.
But I have also different players and it seems that most of them don't support 3d mkv's.

Support is being worked on... best to remain patient. This wasn't even an option 2 days ago.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-03-17, 10:16)Caramba69 Wrote: But I have also different players and it seems that most of them don't support 3d mkv's.
If you have different systems, it's better to still keep the ISOs.
(2015-03-17, 03:33)zaphod24 Wrote: That's a handy trick!

http://sprunge.us/EBLJ

I just left it running and periodically it would just crash and then restart.

This should be fixed tonight by PR6748 (thanks, @xhaggi).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-03-17, 10:37)Milhouse Wrote:

Support is being worked on... best to remain patient. This wasn't even an option 2 days ago.

Great!!!! Thank you for your support. It would be also great to see if the functionality comes to Linux builds as well.
(2015-03-16, 16:56)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-03-16, 16:28)movie78 Wrote: IS BLURAY 3D ISO FRAME PACKED SUPPORTED?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1956796
Quote:Is this update only applies to Pi?
Yes, it utilises the MVC support in the Pi's hardware decoder.
Some code we've added, like MVC support in mp4 and the forthcoming ISO support will be useful to other platforms, but somewhere an MVC decoder is required.

Thanks again for all your hard work on the MVC support - it is great to see this appearing.

Sorry again for asking another similar question, but for other chipsets with advertised MVC hardware decoding support (eg Amlogic S802, later Intel HD graphics), will the work on the Pi be likely to lead to the possibility of MVC working on these platforms, or is this more a feature of the more open and accessible nature of the Pi?
(2015-03-17, 13:08)woronczak Wrote: Sorry again for asking another similar question, but for other chipsets with advertised MVC hardware decoding support (eg Amlogic S802, later Intel HD graphics), will the work on the Pi be likely to lead to the possibility of MVC working on these platforms, or is this more a feature of the more open and accessible nature of the Pi?

It certainly will make it easier for other platforms to add support, once a first platform has support.
However there's likely to be a need for work on the gpu side (or at least a good understanding of what it does for MVC) to make use of it.
It's not clear how different platforms will produce decoded MVC frames. They could produce a double width (or double height) frame at 24fps.
They may produce a normal sized frame at 48fps (alternating left/right). They may produce a normal sized frame at 24fps with a hidden "linked" frame for the other eye.

I'm in a convenient position on the Pi as I can modify both the gpu firmware and the kodi code to get the behaviour I want.
Without that it is tougher. I'm sure integrated MVC will come to other platforms , but it may take a while.
(2015-03-17, 09:46)lolli_lutscher Wrote:

Then when there is another system you are going to convert back ISO...
If you have a larger catalog,converting back and forth is not an ideal ..
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-03-17, 15:02)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-03-17, 09:46)lolli_lutscher Wrote:

Then when there is another system you are going to convert back ISO...
If you have a larger catalog,converting back and forth is not an ideal ..
Never!
I'll use only MKV in the future.
Sorry I didn't get back sooner, but life gets in the way like that. I can confirm that upgrading to 316 fixed the recorded program listing problem and allowed me to use the "group recordings in folders" feature of ServerWMC, but when I played a recording Kodi crashed and restarted itself a couple of seconds after I started the playback. After that, it was endless restarts so I shut it down, pulled out my flash card and put it in a USB adapter and then stuck it into a raspbian Pi so I could take a look at the crash logs. Before mounting /dev/sda2, I ran e2fsck -f /dev/sda2 and it found an error as you can see here:
http://paste.debian.net/161721
Here are the first two crashlogs:
http://paste.debian.net/161714
http://paste.debian.net/161717
I don't even have to do anything to make the crash happen, other just wait about one minute after a restart of kodi.

After doing the e2fsck on the card, I put it back into the Pi2 and it continued to crash/restart kodi after about 1 minute of being up.

I'll continue to tinker with it by stopping ServerWMC so that it can't load anything and see if that stops the crash loops long enough for me to reset the EPG.

Any ideas?
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2015-03-17, 15:56)afremont Wrote: I'll continue to tinker with it by stopping ServerWMC so that it can't load anything and see if that stops the crash loops long enough for me to reset the EPG.

Any ideas?

I think you've got the same problem reported by @zaphod24 and hopefully fixed in the next build by @xhaggi.
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112