• 4(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2014-12-21, 08:07)darzur Wrote: Hi Millhouse,

After update from #1219 to #1220 lircd stopped working. Tried "irw" from SSH but there wasn't any response too. I think it's related with "No longer load lirc_rpi module by default" but don't know how to configure it. Can you give me any directions?

See this post.

Try adding to /flash/config.txt:
Code:
dtoverlay=lirc-rpi
If you need the parameters, add those too.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for that. Smile Works now.
(2014-12-20, 13:46)Milhouse Wrote: What screensaver are you using? auto-scrolling will be disabled when the Black or Dim screensaver activates. So if you haven't enabled a screensaver, enable either Black or Dim.

And 70C is well within range for a Pi. Smile

Okay, I didn't know that. I've disabled any screensaver so that might be a "real" work around, instead of every time remembering to go back to the home screen after having finished watching a video file.
Thanks!

edit: Does not work here with me. Using dim screensaver I can see it does not stop scrolling, using black screen "top" says 75% cpu usage, so doesn't seem to work either. Undecided latest build #1220
Hi, Bit new to OpenELEC as I'm a recent convert from RaspBMC ....

How do you get XBox360 wireless gamepad support going please? RBMC uses 'xboxdrv' whereas I understand OpenELEC uses 'xpad'?

My Pi recognises the fact I have a Microsoft wireless remote device - but the four lights just keep flashing and none of the buttons work... I have added the .xml file to /keymaps/ but no difference. I notice there is no control any more for enabling joystick support?

Sorry to have to ask - but there is so much conflicting information in the forums .......

Cheers,
David.
New OpenELEC I****** build: #1221
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.18.0 #1 PREEMPT Sun Dec 21 23:11:17 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Dec 19 2014 18:40:20
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 5abd572e2ed1811283443387af09377b95501c50 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141221231004-r19852-g9d46822 [Build #1221]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (9d468222, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (90c90609, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.18.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC kodi-001-helix_rpb_backports patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR:5217 [patch details]
  • Includes latest libnfs master (9c1d3848)
  • Includes latest libcec master (9f000e43)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (89ba5bb6)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (328fa653)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes (see patch)
  • Includes animated splash support (patch)
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Exclude lirc_rpi.conf: No longer required, let Device Tree handle lirc_rpi (add "dtoverlay=lirc-rpi" to config.txt)
  • Include patch: Enable kernel device-tree support (details)
  • Include patch: Add device tree kernel trailer
  • Include patch: Add Linux 3.18 options
  • Include patch: Add Linux 3.18 compatible cfg80211_rx_mgmt
  • Include patch: Add *.dtb files to firmware
  • Include PR:3657: [rfc] kodi crashlogs
  • Include PR:5747: [database] - add setting for hiding watched movies/episodes in recently added lists
  • Include PR:5752: [jsonrpc] Allow retrieving empty TV shows via VideoLibrary.GetTVShows.
  • Include PR:5958: Fix state not saved after #5842 if playing from "Recently added".
Build Highlights:
  1. BaseRender aspect ratio fix
  2. Fix missing container art for album paths
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • IMX: Disable deinterlace by default (user can enable it manually) (PR:3706, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • imx6: fixup reboot (PR:3705, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • tools/mkpkg: add script to get and pack kodi-helix (769a4a9c)
    • Merge branch 'master' of github.com:OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv (8d912c0b)
    • xorg-server: update to xorg-server-1.16.3 (db6a5231)
    • libvdpau: update to libvdpau-0.9 (59cd9bdc)
    • boost: update to boost-1_57_0 (232e3024)
    • vdpauinfo: update to vdpauinfo-0.9 (54bbcf82)
    • kodi: remove not more needed patch (fa97628b)
    • OpenELEC-settings: update to OpenELEC-settings-0.5.7 (7e15a2c3)
  2. XBMC:
    • Pick Helix fixes to master: overlays and dxva for ati graphics (PR:5985, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • BaseRender: Allow 1px wrong in aspect ratio to not do completeley refit the image (PR:5922, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • FIX: [aml;pivos] Fix 1080 on MX (PR:5987, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • webserver: improved caching control (PR:5573, 7 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [art] fix missing container art for album paths (PR:5989, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Confluence] remove addon ratings (PR:5986, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [Fix] Fix two memory leaks (PR:5974, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • DXVA: add HD5xxx to ati work-around, only capable of opening a single time (1923b288)
    • [keyboard] only use English names for layouts (61ae1fdc)
  3. newclock4:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • [Demuxer] Avoid memcpy on every demuxer packet (5398683b)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-12-21, 18:34)thent Wrote: edit: Does not work here with me. Using dim screensaver I can see it does not stop scrolling, using black screen "top" says 75% cpu usage, so doesn't seem to work either. Undecided latest build #1220

Hmmm... yes... it used to work!
Only for textboxes, for overflowing labels the cleanest solution seems to check the screensaver in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...t.cpp#L114 (so that it also works for RSS etc.) and return early, or at least I guess so.
Yes, it only seems to stop the plot scrolling, but not a long movie/episode title in a list view, or when a movie/episode with long title is highlighted in the Recently Added widget.
Please try this in your next build: https://clbin.com/shzhJ
It did the trick in my 7 (seven) seconds test on OS X.
(2014-12-22, 04:19)menakite Wrote: Please try this in your next build: https://clbin.com/shzhJ

Tested, and it's working great - many thanks! Smile
http://netlir.dk/ is down Sad
just for Information : netlir.dk is offline atm - no download possible

edit : please delete, posting above was some seconds earlier
(2014-12-22, 04:19)menakite Wrote: Please try this in your next build: https://clbin.com/shzhJ

I assume the earlier scrolling/screensaver commit (the CGUITextBox:Tonguerocess part) is no longer required after this?
(2014-12-22, 16:04)popcornmix Wrote:

I assume the earlier scrolling/screensaver commit (the CGUITextBox:Tonguerocess part) is no longer required after this?

I'll confirm this later (just doing a clean build) but the original patch seemed to stop the plot from scrolling, perhaps this latest fix covers all scenarios.
(2014-12-22, 17:28)Milhouse Wrote: I'll confirm this later (just doing a clean build) but the original patch seemed to stop the plot from scrolling, perhaps this latest fix covers all scenarios.

Yes, looked to me like the new patch stops *any* test from scrolling, so makes the textbox one redundant (although you still need the CApplication::GetScreenSaverId part of it).
Not tested it though.

(although I've just fixed up newclock4 to remove the part I think is not required, so you can test that).
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112